Newcastle United vs Manchester City - Sunday 17th August at 4pm (live on Sky)

Heron

Everyone's opinion on Santon, except maybe Ronaldo's, properly does my head in. "Always cuts in", "he's a right back", "play him in midfield", "Left backs should be left footed" I dunno why it's always the same nonsense based on nothing. He's a naturally talented footballer that's defending has deteriorated and most of his game has remained exactly the same. He's still probably our best left back, but is just another example of young talent going absolutely nowhere under NUFC and under Pardew.

:thup:

Everyone's opinion on Santon, except maybe Ronaldo's, properly does my head in. "Always cuts in", "he's a right back", "play him in midfield", "Left backs should be left footed" I dunno why it's always the same nonsense based on nothing. He's a naturally talented footballer that's defending has deteriorated and most of his game has remained exactly the same. He's still probably our best left back, but is just another example of young talent going absolutely nowhere under NUFC and under Pardew.

Completely agree.

Completely agree.

Same nonsense? He has the most predictable and easily defend-able attacking move in our team. He runs up field until he gets caught, then cuts inside. He cuts inside at the expense of attacks, creating space, and tries to compensate for what has to be an incredibly awful left foot as we've barely seen it. Sure his confidence is shot, and I 100% agree with you in regards to our classically stagnating youth development and I'll always (:lol:) defer blame to Alan Pardew and the shambolic coaching.

For the record, I wouldn't advocate this kid to play anywhere but LB or RB (when injury and suspensions) prove it necessary. 

Having said all that - he's still our best LB. But I still stand by wanting a player with more confidence, a left peg, or one who has more than just a "cut-in" tactic.

Completely agree.

Same nonsense? He has the most predictable and easily defend-able attacking move in our team. He runs up field until he gets caught, then cuts inside. He cuts inside at the expense of attacks, creating space, and tries to compensate for what has to be an incredibly awful left foot as we've barely seen it. Sure his confidence is shot, and I 100% agree with you in regards to our classically stagnating youth development and I'll always (:lol:) defer blame to Alan Pardew and the shambolic coaching.

For the record, I wouldn't advocate this kid to play anywhere but LB or RB (when injury and suspensions) prove it necessary. 

Having said all that - he's still our best LB. But I still stand by wanting a player with more confidence, a left peg, or one who has more than just a "cut-in" tactic.

How does somebody who has played at left back for as long as he has not have a half decent left foot by now?

Nothing but an annihilation on the cards here, same problems as last season ie Pardew. He just can't impose himself or a team on a match. Damage limitation from the off which will result in the usual capitulation.