Schalke 1 - 3 Newcastle United - 03/08/14

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Obertan was really good today. We lack wide players. Worth keeping for the squad.

Rob Lee obsessed with size. Shut up man.

These sentences followed one another.

Guest neesy111

I don't understand this tournament, all the teams don't play eachother.

Happens with most pre-season tournaments tbh.

Only saw the 2nd half but that was much better than yesterday. I think there would be a lot of potential in our squad with the kids we have coming through, if it weren't for the coaching they will receive :(

I missed a good chunk of it but that was much more like it. We actually threatened their goal, which is always a start.

New players seem to be settling in quickly, which is going to be crucial this season.

Missed this game  :sad:  are the goals online anywhere yet?

Schalke 04 Vs Newcastle 1-3 All Goals & Highlights ( Schalke Cup ) 2014 HD

Yee knaa where.

Bit harsh asking him to trek all the way to Eldon Square on a Sunday evening like.

that joke is crap

i still laughed at it  :lol:

Obertan best man on pitch. How the fukc it's taken him xx years to get to this point???

Cabella has lots of energy and works hard to recover ball

Aarons has pace to burn and will skin wingers day long. nice end product too

Peach of a header from Riviere, good hold up play aswell

Dummet played well in defence, colo too

Thought abeid played tidy and won a lot of ball back, is he a defensive midfielder? (I have no idea but he played kind of like...)

Thought Riviere looked good,took his goal really well.Think he'll be our starting striker.

I think it'll be Cisse (mainly) and him largely sharing the duties depending on the opposition. Not good enough.

Colback looks ok, good squad player

Goufran much the same, does what he has to do and doesn't make many mistakes, but without ever fully impressing you

Sissoko is better in central midfield, looked good first half. Hopefully pardarse won't play him out of position this season

The argie bloke hassled and won ball to set up Remy''s goal.

Aarons goal was a fluke, he looked up to pass far post and got a goal out of an average cross...

Difficult to judge the squad at this point. While we looked a lot better defensively today, Schalke were much easier opposition. Malaga gave West Ham just as torrid a game as they did us, so I wouldn't judge anybody too harshly on yesterday's performance. Just look at Cabella who Rob Lee was slagging off yesterday and today he's changed his tune. Malaga looked fucking mint like, How they finished 11th in the La Liga is beyond me.

Our passing is still worryingly poor. We won due to the outright pace of Aarons (though the second goal was a fluke) and a defensive error.

Willo, as has happened in the past, gave us that bit of leadership at the back.

Our passing is still worryingly poor. We won due to the outright pace of Aarons (though the second goal was a fluke) and a defensive error.

Willo, as has happened in the past, gave us that bit of leadership at the back.

Think De Jong would be the link for that, but yes our over all passing is shite for people that kick a ball day in, day out.