Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Guest thenorthumbrian

By all accounts Aarons is a down to earth lad.

It would be great to see him develop here, but any kind of offer will see him sold with indecent haste.

We should enjoy him while we can before Ashley decides to cash in.

major, major leap to think someone will come in for him this soon like...he's literally only performed in 2 games, in fact not even 2 full games

i rate the kid but it's way too early even for us to peddle him i reckon

Phil Jones went to Man U for like £16m after about 20 games for Blackburn, and Smalling was bought after 10 games for Maidstone and like 4 for Fulham. If the big teams are convinced he's good enough, there'll be bids.

Feel like I can't get too excited about him, as that will mean I will get attached to him as I am resigning myself to the fact that if he does get anywhere near to fulfilling his potential we won't have him for too long. :(

major, major leap to think someone will come in for him this soon like...he's literally only performed in 2 games, in fact not even 2 full games

Phil Jones went to Man U for like £16m after about 20 games for Blackburn, and Smalling was bought after 10 games for Maidstone and like 4 for Fulham. If the big teams are convinced he's good enough, there'll be bids.

for every jones there's a berahinho

just saying

just saying

He's played about 1 full season in the Premier League and I'd put money on him leaving WBA soon. He's also 21, Aarons is 18 - not many 18 year olds show this much potential. If he keeps this up between now and January then there will be offers, it's been seen many times before when a young English player shows this much raw ability.

Love how raw he is.

Yep, i know people draw comparisons to Sterling based on "raw, young" (and skin color) but what I like is he brings pure unpredictability and pace - stronger than he looks too.

just saying

He's played about 1 full season in the Premier League and I'd put money on him leaving WBA soon. He's also 21, Aarons is 18 - not many 18 year olds show this much potential. If he keeps this up between now and January then there will be offers, it's been seen many times before when a young English player shows this much raw ability.

can only hope you're all wrong but i suppose the last young english player we sold went for 35m so if there's interest he's gone aye, ashley will be falling all over himself

Would be interesting to hear from the regular reserves and youth match attenders if this lad ever looked like he could be the real deal before the last year or so? I don't remember hearing/reading much hype about him. He must have come on leaps and bounds, or was he just our best kept secret and a real gem in the youth setup? Alternatively, could he be on a huge purple patch? If he keeps this kind of form up he will sadly be too good for us (as in a salable asset) before long.

Me and Brett said it on here a while back I think, we'd seen him a couple of games and you could tell imo. Soon as well when we went to the cup match.

Just had a quick search in the reserves and youth thread, but he hardly got a mention before 2014. Seems like Brett, Cajun ( :'() and you were among the early admirers.

Knew he'd be great the minute I saw him in pre season, didn't think Pardew would use him though considering his history with kids.

Suppose he's had no choice though, it's hard to get excited though as he'll probably leave before long. Would get really excited about him, Perez and Cabella under a different manager.

Oh well.

Would be interesting to hear from the regular reserves and youth match attenders if this lad ever looked like he could be the real deal before the last year or so? I don't remember hearing/reading much hype about him. He must have come on leaps and bounds, or was he just our best kept secret and a real gem in the youth setup? Alternatively, could he be on a huge purple patch? If he keeps this kind of form up he will sadly be too good for us (as in a salable asset) before long.

It's very valid to question whether the kid has just hit a streak of form. But I think when you watch him you see something a little more than that, It's not just on the odd occasion in games that he seems to shine, it seems like every time he gets involved in the attacking third something happens.

The goal  in the game on wednesday sums up for me why I think he has a special talent.Taylor wins the ball well, but Aarons still has a hell of a lot to do, first he has the football intelligence to realise that there could be something on for him here, he reacts so so quickly, he's actually behind both the centre back and full back when the ball breaks free. Once he gets to the ball his first touch is perfectly weighted to ensure he stays ahead of the CB but doesn't run the ball out of play, then finally he strikes the ball with his right foot (which I presume is his weaker one) low and hard and through the keepers legs. In that goal he showed he has a football brain, he's not reliant solely on his speed he has great reactions too, has a great touch and is calm and calculated in his finishing. He got a lot of things right in one goal there, a form player or a kid with a little bit of potential is likely only to get one or two things right and get lucky with another.

Pardew will want him to work on his tracking back ability and understanding when to play the ball to other players and that's probably why the idiot won't give him the start against Liverpool, we need Goufran for his supposed defensive ability.

Only a matter of time before we start hearing about how highly rated he is and how difficult it's going to be to keep him etc. The only reason we buy players like him is the hope he bursts onto the scene and turns the heads of City, Chelsea et al. He's not being bought for the benefit of the football team as such, he's been bought to make money for the club imo.