Rolando Aarons

Chapo

What is the injury situation?

“The last five months have been difficult. It’s crazy when everyone starts talking about you but then people forget.

I have injury problems but it’s important that I don’t rush back. You see what happened last time, I can’t afford to do that. The physios are working hard and everyone is working hard to make sure it’s done properly this time."

:pardsgrin:

Maybe he's not playing because Charver has had him kneecapped for this:

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/03/08/has-rolando-aarons-just-revealed-newcastle-uniteds-biggest-probl/

Has Rolando Aarons just revealed Newcastle United's biggest problem?

The youngster has been discussing an apparent lack of change at the club.

Rolando Aarons may have indirectly revealed what's going wrong at Newcastle United,according to the Chronicle.

Discussing Magpies boss John Carver, the 19-year-old admitted that nothing has really changed since Alan Pardew left St James' Park.

Indeed, the 50-year-old uses more or less the same approach and methods as the former Newcastle boss, according to the winger.

"JC is good. He’s been there since I came into the club and nothing has really changed too much since the gaffer - Alan Pardew - left," Aarons said.

The Newcastle starlet's quotes, of course, could simply be taken at face value as nothing major. Not much has changed: continuity is good.

But Carver himself has been at pains to emphasise how different he is from Pardew. Has Aarons, in fact, confirmed the exact opposite and what many Newcastle fans have observed since he took the job?

Carver said in February: “I’ve done some things different on the team meetings, how I’ve worked with the players is slightly different. I am my own man."

SEE ALSO: Photos: Rangers fan makes his feelings towards Mike Ashley clear at EGM

Very little, though, appears to have actually changed. If the Magpies boss wants to really make an impact on this team and improve his chances of staying at St James' Park in the long term, he needs to stamp his own methods onto the Tyneside outfit.

But, as the 19-year-old says, things haven't really changed since Pardew left. And that much has been evident on the pitch. It's the same old average, unambitious and bland Newcastle. If anything, Pardew has shown a much different side to himself at Crystal Palace - while Carver looks more like the old Newcastle boss than the man himself.

Guest reefatoon

Aarons doesn't have a clue, of course things have changed in training. Carver has brought in a T shirt with a huge s*** on it.

Can't see him being a Newcastle player for much longer.

What makes you think that? He's suggested in the papers that he has reoccurring injuries, and all the speculation surrounding contracts is nothing to do with anything, he wants to play, but is aware you can not just rush back out of eagerness. Saying that he's targeted the derby as his come back game.

What makes you think that? He's suggested in the papers that he has reoccurring injuries, and all the speculation surrounding contracts is nothing to do with anything, he wants to play, but is aware you can not just rush back out of eagerness. Saying that he's targeted the derby as his come back game.

Because he's got 2 years on his contract and the club will cash in on him if they can, should he come back from injury and perform again?

Because he's got 2 years on his contract and the club will cash in on him if they can, should he come back from injury and perform again?

And contract talks have apparently broken down.

And contract talks have apparently broken down.

Gone. They'll be praying he comes back and has a couple of great games vs. Liverpool or whoever. Sell him for 5m and save the signing on bonus. Winner winner chicken dinner.

• 2 weeks later...