Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Him, Mitrovic, Mbemba, Janmaat and Krul are the only guaranteed starters for me.

Don't see what he's done to deserve a guaranteed start tbh, that said he shouldn't be loaned out.

More so that we don't have a left winger.

Can we call him a crap manager now? Can't see talent if it hit him in the fucking arse. This is the kid who even Pardew risked bringing back from injury prematurely just so he can save the King's bacon, and here we have the new boss not even giving him a chance and wanting to loan him out. And keeping Obertan in the fucking lineup :lol:

Aarons was also the only decent player in the atrocious preseason, so I'm really not sure why McClaren would be doing this. Surely he saw the same games we all did?

No way - he not seen the size of our squad!

I think the only reason he is not playing Aarons is because he is under big pressure and will not player "youngsters" with no first team experience. I personally think Aarons, despite the odd mistake here and there, could add a huge amount of pace and directness to a desperately immobile front 4.

Aarons was diabolical against Northampton in the cup on a day where we were actually playing well for a change. A run of games is probably what he needs in my opinion. I can't see how he'd be worse than anyone we've played in that position mind.

he'll need a couple of games to settle in. probably overanxious to impress initially and may make a few errors or wrong decisions.

mcclaren needs to tell him he's given him a run of 4 or 5 games to impress so the pressure can be off him.

Suggestion in an article I read earlier that Aarons was supposed to play last night but declared himself unfit at the last minute - wonder if this lad has one of the problem attitudes we keep hearing about?

I can confirm this story is accurate.

Suggestion in an article I read earlier that Aarons was supposed to play last night but declared himself unfit at the last minute - wonder if this lad has one of the problem attitudes we keep hearing about?

first bit or second bit? or is it all true.

first bit or second bit? or is it all true.

First bit. I'm a friend of a close relative to one of his teammates. Dare say that makes the second part true also.