Rolando Aarons

Chapo

There was an ex Jamaican international on come dine with me last week who said he basically got a few games for them when he was playing in the conference by his uncle giving the manager a phonecall.

• 2 weeks later...

Small cameos for the next 2 years, then disappear down the leagues is what will happen

Our record of developing young players is awful, moreso under Pardew where they are suddenly cast aside (Bigirimana) or stick around the squad without getting decent game time (Campbell)

Aarons should be playing regular football rather than a few minutes for our team, especially since more often than not he will be brought on when we are losing

Looked very raw today.

Great to see him make his debut though.

I Think he'd benefit from a loan to a good championship side who play football if possible.

I'd rather see him play instead useless Gouffran tbh.

rather see Ayoze personally.

You guys are harsh critics :lol:

Had the ball like twice in a very short cameo.

Even if he is raw, should be mentioned we where chasing the game too.

I'd much rather see him try and beat the fullback than Gouffran backpass to Coloccini all game long.

You guys are harsh critics :lol:

Had the ball like twice in a very short cameo.

Even if he is raw, should be mentioned we where chasing the game too.

I'd much rather see him try and beat the fullback than Gouffran backpass to Coloccini all game long.

This. Even with his rawness and naivete, he should be starting NOW. He is playing without fear at the moment, and that is when players (and people in general) are made (or broken). If his development is stunted, if he gets fear instilled in him by telling him that he's not good enough, that could be it for good. He's been in red hot form in pre-season so let the lad carry that with him ffs. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that he can't produce what Sterling produced in his first season with Liverpool with a dozen or so starts under his belt. The key is to keep him fearless and hungry. The rest will follow. The main thing is that we need him in that position, and it's not like we'd be punting out a player who is performing. Gouffran is a fucking forward and nowt else.

Guest optimistic nit

looked raw but I hope he gets a few more of these over the next few months. If Pardew thinks he's ready to be brought on against City then he's ready to get a few more appearences, its not like we'll challenge for much this year, and I cant see him dissappearing back into the reserves (ala fergie) to do much good for his confidence. Give him some game time and see what happens.

Can we please send him on loan?

Rather he started about 10 games this season here and came off the bench more often than not.

that's not going to happen man. Look at Sammy - 22 with less than 40 league appearances. Get him playing week in week out. Pardews a coward - he'll blame Aaron's like he did Bigi and co.

Can we please send him on loan?

Rather he started about 10 games this season here and came off the bench more often than not.

Me too. Coming off the bench chasing a game against Man City will not be the best setting for him, but picking up games against the bottom half of the table with 20 min cameos will be a good acid test for sure.