Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Guest firetotheworks

“We’ve had a couple of left-footed players who don’t actually like playing that side, but he has the pace to trouble any full-back.

Sly dig, there.

:hba:

I wonder who was responsible for bringing Aarons here? Obviously Pards will try and grab the credit, but whoever it is knows their stuff. He looks a genuine talent.

Pardew said up the page that he's been working with him (and other 17/18 year olds) for the entire time he's been manager here so definitely him. Definitely.

I wonder who was responsible for bringing Aarons here? Obviously Pards will try and grab the credit, but whoever it is knows their stuff. He looks a genuine talent.

Pardew said up the page that he's been working with him (and other 17/18 year olds) for the entire time he's been manager here so definitely him. Definitely.

Aye ok :lol:

He's either got to be given a decent amount of pitch-time this season or send him out to the Championship for a year. He's looked good and needs to continue playing competitive football either here with the first team or a lower level on loan. He can't be allowed to just stagnate on the fringes on the squad but never playing. It's one or the other.

I would caution everyone to contain themselves a bit, like. You can never judge any player by performances in friendlies, and especially not wide players. They've always got loads of space to run into and the hard tackles are nowhere to be seen. 

He looks a talent and let's hope he can become a player, but starting for us? Restraint.

send him out to the Championship for a year. He's looked good and needs to continue playing competitive football either here with the first team or a lower level on loan. He can't be allowed to just stagnate on the fringes on the squad but never playing.

And this. :thup: Give him to Hartlepool for 3 months. If he impresses look further up the leagues.

Well at the moment we have Aarons, Dumshit, Campbell, Armstrong, Streete, Satka, Abeid, Bigirimana that are young talents coming through. Can anyone see any of these players either:

- Having a decent career here

- Going to a bigger team from here

I think they will all go backwards and spend their days in League 1 or 2. Dumshit is just awful but the rest clearly have a level of talent and should be coached and developed.

:lol:

"Dumshit" is the most cringeworthy thing I've seen on this forum in ages man :lol: It's depressing how badly we handle youth like, although it isn't all down to Pardew, a lot of the players that have failed to develop have looked limited from day one and that's been a problem here for years now. Obviously there are a couple of exceptions like Bigirimana where Pardew is to blame like.

Accurate though, he's a total div

Well at the moment we have Aarons, Dumshit, Campbell, Armstrong, Streete, Satka, Abeid, Bigirimana that are young talents coming through. Can anyone see any of these players either:

- Having a decent career here

- Going to a bigger team from here

I think they will all go backwards and spend their days in League 1 or 2. Dumshit is just awful but the rest clearly have a level of talent and should be coached and developed.

no no, don't hold back, say how you really feel about Dummet. :lol:

I would caution everyone to contain themselves a bit, like. You can never judge any player by performances in friendlies, and especially not wide players. They've always got loads of space to run into and the hard tackles are nowhere to be seen. 

He looks a talent and let's hope he can become a player, but starting for us? Restraint.

send him out to the Championship for a year. He's looked good and needs to continue playing competitive football either here with the first team or a lower level on loan. He can't be allowed to just stagnate on the fringes on the squad but never playing.

And this. :thup: Give him to Hartlepool for 3 months. If he impresses look further up the leagues.

I accept all that, the reason I say give him a chance is because of the obvious lack of wingplay in the team.

If we had good options I'd agree but considering the options are decidedly crap I think he should be given a chance.

As he picked up the ball before the goal, I said to a couple of Villa and Liverpool supporters that this lad has been really impressive so far this pre season, and two seconds later he scores that goal :lol:

Really liking the look of this lad, hadn't even heard of him before the New Zeeland tour, hope he gets a fair few minutes in the first team this season.

Did his full-back completely a couple of times. Thought he seemed much more effective and smart than I've ever seen the likes of Sammy Ameobi, he tried to get in behind and dribbles really well.

Hope he gets game-time for us. Him, Armstrong, Campbell, Satka and Streete would all be nice to have a squad players rather than f***ing Gosling and the likes.

Also painfully obvious how much technically worse Dummett is than everyone else. Has to go.