Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Can we please send him on loan?

Rather he started about 10 games this season here and came off the bench more often than not.

that's not going to happen man. Look at Sammy - 22 with less than 40 league appearances. Get him playing week in week out. Pardews a coward - he'll blame Aaron's like he did Bigi and co.

So we should do the same as we did with Abeid? Send him on loan, and even when he returns from a great season, still won't play him? Sod that, rather have him here so he can try and play his way into the team.

Rather he started about 10 games this season here and came off the bench more often than not.

that's not going to happen man. Look at Sammy - 22 with less than 40 league appearances. Get him playing week in week out. Pardews a coward - he'll blame Aaron's like he did Bigi and co.

So we should do the same as we did with Abeid? Send him on loan, and even when he returns from a great season, still won't play him? Sod that, rather have him here so he can try and play his way into the team.

The manager is Alan Pardew ffs. He's been here 3 years and has brought through 0 Academy players. "PLay his way into the team" LOL. He'll have to win games on his johnson for that. With everyone fit he'll be behind:

Cabella, Sissoko, Gouffran, Colback in the longrun I guarantee it.

Remember the game he hoyed Bigi on the right wing?  :lol:

Remember the game he hoyed Bigi on the right wing?  :lol:

Bigi went from beign shoe horned into a European QF at right wing to not getting a kick ahead of Dan Gosling. Pardew has zero talent perceptions.

For some of his faults - if SBR believed in you, he backed you to the hilt as a youngster. Even Bruce and the like had conviction that Henderson would be something and stuck with him through rough patches. I remember 'Arry telling WHU fans Lampard would go a long way in the game off his talent.

Pardew has zero perception of potential ability.

Shane Fergsuon - 23. Less than 50 league games. Andros Townsend 23 - almost 150 league games.

Doesn't Pardew pull players out of the reserves when they're on the 1st team bench?

Even getting 10 minutes here and there against Premiership opposition won't benefit him as much as playing week in week out in the Championship.  Plus, other clubs often have actual coaches.

The manager is Alan Pardew ffs. He's been here 3 years and has brought through 0 Academy players. "PLay his way into the team" LOL. He'll have to win games on his johnson for that. With everyone fit he'll be behind:

So, basically, he hasn't got a chance as long as Pardew is here, that I agree on. Still, would rather have him here and let him have his cameos and hopefully he'll score or assist enough to keep getting chances.

Surely that's more down to the lack of talent in the academy, can't think of any that have "made it" at Newcastle, most will end up being sold/released because they are not good enough, this is a common problem at NUFC, our academy has been poor for the last decade.

Aarons is this years Adam Armstrong who was Adam Campbell the season before that, players that get a bit of hype, look ok in pre season but turn out to really not be as good as people think and drops off the radar.

Can't think of anyone who I'm confident will become a regular at Newcastle from the development squad.

The problem we have with Sammy Ameobi, Mehdi Abeid, Gael Bigirimana, Paul Dummett,  Shane Ferguson & Haris Vuckic are that they are over 21 (i.e born after 1.1.93) so we have to register them in the 25 man squad to be able to play them in the Premier League, where previous seasons we didn't need too.

Considering we already have 23 players we have to register to play in the Premier League (6 of those are home grown from a possible 8) we can only register 2 from the above list of 6 and we can't actually add any foreign based players unless we sell another foreign based player first.

From the weekend game, Dummett started & Abeid was on the bench so looks like them two will fill the final spaces.

TLDR version - we are going to have to sell/loan Ameobi, Bigirimana, Ferguson & Vuckic or let them rot in the development squad all season with the odd cup game in the first team

The problem we have with Sammy Ameobi, Mehdi Abeid, Gael Bigirimana, Paul Dummett,  Shane Ferguson & Haris Vuckic are that they are over 21 (i.e born after 1.1.93) so we have to register them in the 25 man squad to be able to play them in the Premier League, where previous seasons we didn't need too.

Bigi's 20, and it's clear Ferguson has no future at the club. Doubt Vuckic is in the first team plans either and would most likely go on loan. Dummett will be part of the 25 and probably Sammy too. There's enough spare slots in the non-HG quota after discounting the exiles to accommodate Abeid too, so there isn't really a problem with the squad list.

Surely that's more down to the lack of talent in the academy, can't think of any that have "made it" at Newcastle, most will end up being sold/released because they are not good enough, this is a common problem at NUFC, our academy has been poor for the last decade.

Aarons is this years Adam Armstrong who was Adam Campbell the season before that, players that get a bit of hype, look ok in pre season but turn out to really not be as good as people think and drops off the radar.

Can't think of anyone who I'm confident will become a regular at Newcastle from the development squad.

Considering we already have 23 players we have to register to play in the Premier League (6 of those are home grown from a possible 8) we can only register 2 from the above list of 6 and we can't actually add any foreign based players unless we sell another foreign based player first.

From the weekend game, Dummett started & Abeid was on the bench so looks like them two will fill the final spaces.

TLDR version - we are going to have to sell/loan Ameobi, Bigirimana, Ferguson & Vuckic or let them rot in the development squad all season with the odd cup game in the first team

Footballers don't improve in a non-competitive environment, and the Northumberland Senior Cup doesn't count. It's a vicious circle. Are the players not playing because they're not good enough or are they not good enough because they're not playing enough football? Probably a bit of both in there but it seems to me that during the absolutely critical stage of a footballer's development, late teens, most of our players seem to just rot in the reserves for years, either that or go on loan in League One and rarely see the field.

I know one thing, there were very few Newcastle fans who saw anything in Andy Carroll, even right up until around January of the Championship season. Then suddenly he scored a brace against WBA in the cup and he was off, unstoppable, from a value of next to nowt to £35m in the space of almost exactly 12 months. At that age, the potential effects of playing regular and competitive professional football cannot be understated.

I don't know the ins and outs of how these things are dealt with elsewhere in terms of picking the right places for players to go on loan, integrating them into the first team etc etc - but I do know we're not doing it properly. We just hoy them all on in the cup then blame them for going out and use it as an excuse not to play them again. I say 'we', I mean the cunt.

Going slightly off topic for a rant, for all the talk of HBA being mistreated, the way Bigirimana has been cast aside since being dragged off at half time against Benfica having been hung out to dry on the wing is one of the most pathetic and disgraceful things I've ever seen from NUFC. Absolutely shameful. Nobody will care when he ends up back at a lower level than we got him from, that's just football, nobody gives a shit about some kid who "didn't make it" but when possible, I'd like my football club to be respectful and professional, not just put human beings on the scrapheap because some arsehole window fitter gets a lip on (Ben Arfa), or because they were daft enough to link a contract extension to appearances (Jonas), or because the coaching staff are too fucking thick to know what to do with them (Bigi).

Yeah, that Bigirimana situation is ridiculous. He was Championship apprentice of the year with Coventry and made 24 appearances in his first season with  us. Just when you think he's on the up, he managed only one cup appearance after the Benfica game. What a write-off last season was.

another good post from wullie, i've always been of the opinion that there's a very fine line in football between making it and falling into oblivion, and a lot of it comes down to timing and the team a young player comes into...i see it as the managers job to be able to recognise the right time to give a young player his chance and once given they'll either flourish or fail which is fair enough

this is why i was all for starting sterling, barkley etc. at the world cup because imo it's very similar at international level, sometimes players just take to it and never look back once they get the chance but if they're held and held might never take the chance later

imo considering the pre-season that aarons has put in under a normal manager he'd have jumped the queue to be on the brink of starting games and certainly to be in the first line of subs and he'd be given enough chances consistently over the season to prove he's worth something, most likely under pardew unless he does something amazing pretty quick he'll just fade away and we'll not hear from him again

another good post from wullie, i've always been of the opinion that there's a very fine line in football between making it and falling into oblivion, and a lot of it comes down to timing and the team a young player comes into...i see it as the managers job to be able to recognise the right time to give a young player his chance and once given they'll either flourish or fail which is fair enough

this is why i was all for starting sterling, barkley etc. at the world cup because imo it's very similar at international level, sometimes players just take to it and never look back once they get the chance but if they're held and held might never take the chance later

imo considering the pre-season that aarons has put in under a normal manager he'd have jumped the queue to be on the brink of starting games and certainly to be in the first line of subs and he'd be given enough chances consistently over the season to prove he's worth something, most likely under pardew unless he does something amazing pretty quick he'll just fade away and we'll not hear from him again

:thup:

Also why it's so sad to see a lot of these young kids joining the cash clubs for the money and sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons (if they're lucky).  They're taking themselves out of the game at a crucial time in their development as a player.

Also why it's so sad to see a lot of these young kids joining the cash clubs for the money and sitting on the bench for a couple of seasons (if they're lucky).  They're taking themselves out of the game at a crucial time in their development as a player.

very true

i do wonder if this trend is going to continue after the abject moves made by the likes of moses, rowell, sinclair and whoever else...penny seems to have dropped that it's a shite thing for them to be doing

very true

i do wonder if this trend is going to continue after the abject moves made by the likes of moses, rowell, sinclair and whoever else...penny seems to have dropped that it's a shite thing for them to be doing

It's just a bit short sighted for me.  They want the big paycheck now (and the inevitable move to a smaller club on lower wages for the rest of their careers) instead of realising that with 2 or 3 years of first team football they'll likely be good enough to earn and keep a spot in that top club on the big money for 6, 7, 8 years.

very true

It's just a bit short sighted for me.  They want the big paycheck now (and the inevitable move to a smaller club on lower wages for the rest of their careers) instead of realising that with 2 or 3 years of first team football they'll likely be good enough to earn and keep a spot in that top club on the big money for 6, 7, 8 years.

i think you'd have to consider the other side of it if you were in their shoes though, i.e. football being the sport it is you could get snapped in half the next game and never play again, if someone was offering you a guarantee of XX millions at age 18, 19 or 20 or something you'd have to think it's a good idea financially

most of them will play at the top level on good wages for the years to come as well let's be honest but i agree with you taking the current barkley route will surely be better for him as a player and if he develops as expected he'll get the money anyways

someone also put it in here as well the other day, footballers being the type of person they are likely won't be considering the idea they could fail and will most likely fully expect they can break into a top class team

anyway come to think of it has any other club done this bullshit except citeh & chelsea?  whenever arsenal, manyoo or liverpool buy a young english player it's almost always with the intention of giving them a chance isn't it?  can't think of many that they've bought and just stockpiled

that being the case then we're really saying just don't sign for citeh or chelsea if you're young, english and talented then :lol:

Footballers don't improve in a non-competitive environment, and the Northumberland Senior Cup doesn't count. It's a vicious circle. Are the players not playing because they're not good enough or are they not good enough because they're not playing enough football? Probably a bit of both in there but it seems to me that during the absolutely critical stage of a footballer's development, late teens, most of our players seem to just rot in the reserves for years, either that or go on loan in League One and rarely see the field.

I know one thing, there were very few Newcastle fans who saw anything in Andy Carroll, even right up until around January of the Championship season. Then suddenly he scored a brace against WBA in the cup and he was off, unstoppable, from a value of next to nowt to £35m in the space of almost exactly 12 months. At that age, the potential effects of playing regular and competitive professional football cannot be understated.

I don't know the ins and outs of how these things are dealt with elsewhere in terms of picking the right places for players to go on loan, integrating them into the first team etc etc - but I do know we're not doing it properly. We just hoy them all on in the cup then blame them for going out and use it as an excuse not to play them again. I say 'we', I mean the c***.

Going slightly off topic for a rant, for all the talk of HBA being mistreated, the way Bigirimana has been cast aside since being dragged off at half time against Benfica having been hung out to dry on the wing is one of the most pathetic and disgraceful things I've ever seen from NUFC. Absolutely shameful. Nobody will care when he ends up back at a lower level than we got him from, that's just football, nobody gives a s*** about some kid who "didn't make it" but when possible, I'd like my football club to be respectful and professional, not just put human beings on the scrapheap because some arsehole window fitter gets a lip on (Ben Arfa), or because they were daft enough to link a contract extension to appearances (Jonas), or because the coaching staff are too f***ing thick to know what to do with them (Bigi).

This is probably you finest post to date Wullie. Every single point is dead-on all I can do is reiterate.

I don't know the ins and outs of how these things are dealt with elsewhere in terms of picking the right places for players to go on loan, integrating them into the first team etc etc - but I do know we're not doing it properly. We just hoy them all on in the cup then blame them for going out and use it as an excuse not to play them again. I say 'we', I mean the cunt.

Going slightly off topic for a rant, for all the talk of HBA being mistreated, the way Bigirimana has been cast aside since being dragged off at half time against Benfica having been hung out to dry on the wing is one of the most pathetic and disgraceful things I've ever seen from NUFC. Absolutely shameful. Nobody will care when he ends up back at a lower level than we got him from, that's just football, nobody gives a shit about some kid who "didn't make it" but when possible, I'd like my football club to be respectful and professional, not just put human beings on the scrapheap because some arsehole window fitter gets a lip on (Ben Arfa), or because they were daft enough to link a contract extension to appearances (Jonas), or because the coaching staff are too fucking thick to know what to do with them (Bigi).

Excellent post that. Criminal how Bigi's been left to rot, but then Mehdi Abeid was ignored while he was here and it's only because some other coach saw something in him that he's been brought back to the Newcastle staff's attention. Pardew goes off reputation, that's why when Fergie whispered in his ear that Obertan was an unpolished diamond he fell for it hook line and sinker.

Lots of good comments there.

I always feel that player in his teens or very early 20's needs games, mainly so they develop but also so you can get a grip on whether they are developing at all. We opt to give an experienced player a role out of position over putting in a youngster for 90 mins and while sometimes that has mertit, we should give our youngsters more of chance. If it doesn't work out for the team at least you know something more about that player. Is he going to make it, is he making progress. If we cast them aside or only use them sparsely they never develop and likewise we never really know what they could have been. Vicious circle, but Pardew always airs on side of caution and experience first too much. It's killing our youth players.

You hear it quite a lot, folk saying you have to be careful with youth, blood them in slowly incase they burn out. I think there's a case for that, but I feel more strongly for the idea that if you're good enough, you're old enough, and you take care of the player with regards to rest if the problem crops up.

Some managers are just scared of playing youth talent and hide behind the excuse of "protecting" them. Pardew falls into this for me.

We're a top flight club, players signed to this club know the level they have to play at, they for the most part want to play at this level, so let them have their chance instead of playing the likes of Gosling and Obertan who can't offer something like an Aarons can.

This problem of the 18-21 year old and their difficulties in progressing to the first team is a hot topic with Premiership clubs in general. I don't think Dyke and his feeder clubs is a viable proposition, so I think we're stuck with the loan system, despite it's faults.

The standard required now is so high, and the penalties for failure are so great, that you can't really blame managers for buying experienced players from abroad who can fit into the first team much more quickly.

Aarons should go on loan.

This problem of the 18-21 year old and their difficulties in progressing to the first team is a hot topic with Premiership clubs in general. I don't think Dyke and his feeder clubs is a viable proposition, so I think we're stuck with the loan system, despite it's faults.

The standard required now is so high, and the penalties for failure are so great, that you can't really blame managers for buying experienced players from abroad who can fit into the first team much more quickly.

Aarons should go on loan.

Keegan signed Bassong as a £1m unknown youngster IIRC and then put him in the first team and played him regularly to such good effect that when we sold him he was worth  £8m. There weren't many players under Keegan's time in charge whose value didn't increase.