Jamaal Lascelles & Karl Darlow

ponsaelius

How anyone can be happy with Tiote and Sissoko in the midfield, Riviere or Cisse upfront, Gouffran on the wing and Williamson at the back.

Is quite frankly beyond me. Yes Pardew is a moron, but let's not act like a change in manager would change the fact there's various significant holes in the squad.

How anyone can be happy with Tiote and Sissoko in the midfield, Riviere or Cisse upfront, Gouffran on the wing and Williamson at the back.

Is quite frankly beyond me. Yes Pardew is a moron, but let's not act like a change in manager would change the fact there's various significant holes in the squad.

We do have an option in midfield in Anita though.  If we play 3 in midfield we can use Anita and Sissoko to win the ball with Anita recycling possession, moving and giving an option and keeping us ticking over and Sissoko box to box.  De Jong at the head of the three linking play with the attack.  I think that'd be quite a decent set up and quite effective.

Defence definitely needs some reinforcements though, agree there.

That moron is the reason we play Gouffran on the wing, its not like we don't have far better options than him.

That moron is the reason we play Gouffran on the wing, its not like we don't have far better options than him.

Exactly.

Guest ElCid

Fair enough, we still need a striker and CB regardless of who the manager is though.

However I'll leave it there, as it's a tired old debate that's consistently done.

Just can't belive that some people think Anita, Sissoko, Tiote, Colback will provide a good base for a central midfield which will dominate matches. If I had to pick (even though the totally average Colback will start) it would be Tiote and Sissoko but neither have proved they will score or create goals (same as Anita and Mr Average) also. Time and again we are dominated in midfield due to our lack of being able to keep hold of the ball. It won't happen but apart from this position we need a new centre half as our defence has goals conceded written all over it and a proven 15 - 20 goal striker leading the line. Our spine of the team is weak and until that is sorted, then nothing but average and poor is going to continue. The fact that we have the most shit manager in the history of this club (and that takes something) who thinks Mr Average, Taylor, Williamson are able to provide a solution tells you everything. Another season of nothing to look forward to.

Guest ElCid

our best mid would be anita and sissoko imo, anita keeps the ball and sissoko carries it forward. there's no creativity from deep anymore, creativity will have to come from the wings

There should be though that's the point and for keeping the ball I disagree based on the last two seasons, none of our current midfield can keep the ball for any length of time.

I agree, we may have brought some better ball retention further up the pitch and more dangerous providers, but we're going to start every game next season with tiote and colback in front of the defense and I worry. I am willing to give Colback a chance but it still is a bit sad to look back at Cabs dominating midfields while tiote cleaned up. We have no-one close to cabayes class and we won't achieve much with this midfield imo.

I'm not totally unhappy either, some signings seem promising, but most our threat will come on the counter imo, rather than imposing any quality we may have.

Mate at work is a Forest fan:

DARLOW - He's ultra-solid. Very mature keeper for his age (23) and has made very few mistakes, he's also improved on the crosses which were his weakness. I think he needs to make his positioning slightly better but I don't recall him ever letting Forest down. Definitely a bargain at £3.5M. I think he's less flappy than Krul and more dependable, Krul will probably win you more games though (like Spurs last year).

LASCELLES - More interesting. He's brilliant when part of a good defence. When Forest had a solid consistent back 4 last season he was composed as anything. It was only when he had to hold the defence up himself with bad players when he panicked. he is very quick and very powerful and chips in with hias fair amount of goals too. My worries are his fitness (he does get a few knocks) and he does like to play the ball. I've never seen him kick it long. He'd be a good foil to someone like Williamson who'll do all the dirty work - having said that though he's very good in the air. Again probably worth a shot at the price. However for pre-season next year he'll look class as anything - a bit like Rio Ferdinand. He looks brilliant when you're 3-0 up and cruising but the pressure will come in matches.

Apart from that, stop stealing our players. Please?

They'll both be better than Perch, put it that way.

Agreed. Team is heavily reliant on someone from the Eredivese.

Mate at work is a Forest fan:

DARLOW - He's ultra-solid. Very mature keeper for his age (23) and has made very few mistakes, he's also improved on the crosses which were his weakness. I think he needs to make his positioning slightly better but I don't recall him ever letting Forest down. Definitely a bargain at £3.5M. I think he's less flappy than Krul and more dependable, Krul will probably win you more games though (like Spurs last year).

LASCELLES - More interesting. He's brilliant when part of a good defence. When Forest had a solid consistent back 4 last season he was composed as anything. It was only when he had to hold the defence up himself with bad players when he panicked. he is very quick and very powerful and chips in with hias fair amount of goals too. My worries are his fitness (he does get a few knocks) and he does like to play the ball. I've never seen him kick it long. He'd be a good foil to someone like Williamson who'll do all the dirty work - having said that though he's very good in the air. Again probably worth a shot at the price. However for pre-season next year he'll look class as anything - a bit like Rio Ferdinand. He looks brilliant when you're 3-0 up and cruising but the pressure will come in matches.

Apart from that, stop stealing our players. Please?

They'll both be better than Perch, put it that way.

I've never seen him kick it long.

I've never seen him kick it long.

:pardsbeard: