Africa 'Copa' of Nations 2015 - Ivory Coast Champions

Toon Hoser

Haven't been able to watch one minute of this tourney.  Hopefully the final.

The guy who started this thread and curated it over several months, including the odd bump here and there, hasn't watched a single match. :lol:

http://i.giphy.com/14dXclYKbx2ONW.gif

Great final in prospect like. A game for the whole of Africa.

Eh? We are next door neighbours, a game for that small part of West Africa.

I was told some years ago, there was violence in Cote D'ivore towards Ghanaians when a club side beat one of their's in a tournament. I hope there's none of that nonsense this time.

Great final in prospect like. A game for the whole of Africa.

Eh? We are next door neighbours, a game for that small part of West Africa.

I was told some years ago, there was violence in Cote D'ivore towards Ghanaians when a club side beat one of their's in a tournament. I hope there's none of that nonsense this time.

West African dominance (even though Cameroon and ECQ are technically central though very close) is definitely returned, which is how it ought to be. Ten of the last twelve semifinalists from our little part of the continent. Happy to see the trophy stay in West Africa, just hoping the BS are taking only their silver medals back to Accra.  :razz:

Missed the Ghana match, but the Cote D'Ivoire-RCD match was spectacular, played at an incredible pace for 90 minutes with an incredible strike from Toure. I came into the tournament supporting Congo and honestly they have impressed, a lot of good players and some big second-half performances, in the end just lacking a bit of quality and nous with too many errors. Mbokani missed some big chances and Bolasie's mistake gifted CIV the winner. Honestly, CIV deserve to finally grab the trophy, imo. Renard is a fantastic manager and the quartet of Toure, Bony, Aurier, and Gervinho is genuinely world class. The rest of the side is questionable, but they should have enough.

The match was a bit of a shambles from start to finish. EG players, staff and fans seemed to think the ref owed them something. The players were very pumped up but after some slightly contentious decisions they lost their heads early. The crucial penalty came after a rush of blood to the goalies head and a silly penalty. A definite penalty but EG where enraged, surrounded the ref at every challenge but especially for that.

The second goal came shortly after EG having lost their heads committed too many men forward for a set-piece and got punished by a good counter.

Ghana could've won by 4 or 5.

The Ivorians style of play probably suit Ghana who are still a much better counter-attacking team than one on the front foot. Players like Jordan A. & Atsu are only any good on the counter.

We'll miss Baby Jet though. Appiah is awful.

The Ivorians style of play probably suit Ghana who are still a much better counter-attacking team than one on the front foot. Players like Jordan A. & Atsu are only any good on the counter.

We'll miss Baby Jet though. Appiah is awful.

Appiah looked decent enough against Guinea, but as as Jonathan Wilson said, he is probably the only player in the tournament who's shirt number is higher than the division he plays in.Probably not good enough, but maybe he will have an out-of-body experience like Sunday Mba did to win AFCON 2013.

There will definitely be chances for BS on the counter. Bailly and Kolo Toure are easily the weakpoint of that team. They've conceded a goal in all but one match and were breached often in qualifying too. Finals are usually tight, especially in this competition, but all signs point to a match with a lot of chances and a few goals, imo.

Tiote to get the winner in the final and boost his price ready for the summer.

By the way I cannot help but keep reading DR Congo as Doctor Congo. That would be a mint name for some sort of African soap, or comedy.

Were there other reasons why they pulled out other than ebola? Seems harsh if not

Purely Ebola related. They were worried that a potential Ebola outbreak would bring their tourism industry to a standstill.

Gyan recovers from his injury to start in the final. Jordan Ayew dropped in favour of current Crystal Palace reserve Kwesi Appiah. Meanwhile Boubacar Barry will join his comrades in trying to exercise the demons of past failures. The first choice keeper Gbohouo is injured and he will man the posts in the final. Tiote still injured, so Die continues in the side. Other than that the sides are unchanged. Match starts in 30 minutes time.

:lol: Oh yes. The world renowned bastion of morality that is CAF should win this one. Nothing good will ever come out African football unfortunately until Hayatou and his ilk are removed from power.

Let France abandon Euro 2016 or Russia abandon 2018 World Cup in April of those respective years. I'm sure the overseeing bodies will appreciate it.

Also, congratulations to RCD Leopards for a well-deserved bronze medal.

ALLEZ  les elephants!!