Africa 'Copa' of Nations 2015 - Ivory Coast Champions

Toon Hoser

Howay Guinea!

Don't we want Ivory Coast to do well so it takes longer for Tiote to come back? :lol: I don't particularly want him in our starting XI.

You raise a valid point. My post was woefully short-sighted.

Howay Guinea!

Don't we want Ivory Coast to do well so it takes longer for Tiote to come back? :lol: I don't particularly want him in our starting XI.

It's a shame Abeid isn't' fully fit/starting and we are out of the Cup.

I'm close to writing Anita off. All this intelligence and ability to dictate games seems a myth. If Carver won't throw Abeid a game, i'd rather have Tiote in midfield than Saturday's lost boys.

what a f***ing idiot Gervinho

:lol: Not even watching, but not surprised to hear this.

Standard Gervinho. Absolutely the most frustrating player ever.

Both he and Nani must be related some kind of way.

what a f***ing idiot Gervinho

:lol: Not even watching, but not surprised to hear this.

Standard Gervinho. Absolutely the most frustrating player ever.

Both he and Nani must be related some kind of way.

Guy stood on his foot (by accident, not a stamp or anything) so he slapped him in the face and got sent off

CIV won't romp anything. Their squad has always seemed much better than it actually plays.

They play well enough most of the time, imo. They are just masters of failure. Whenever they have a chance for real success, they throw it away. 2012 ACN Final to Zambia, they are clearly the favourites, Drogba misses a penalty in regular time, they can't break them down and lose on penalties. 2006 ACN Final Drogba misses in the shootout and the lose that as well. Three World Cups and competitive in all 9 games, yet no results. Against Greece, all they need is common sense for a minute or two and the quarterfinals are in sight, and they still waste it. Nigeria/Algeria are supposedly inferior and got out of more difficult groups.

I saw ten minutes of Mali-Cameroon. It looked a good match. Crazy physicality and end to end. I've dropped it for this Chelsea-Liverpool game though. :lol:

Five minutes left in Mali-Cameroon. Cameroon have just equalised for 1-1 and are pushing for a winner.

And yet it is now Mali looking better. Just had a goal from a free-kick ruled out for offside (correctly).

Was it correct though? Surely if keeper pushes it out its a second phase of play? Or are keepers not part of that ruling?

Five minutes left in Mali-Cameroon. Cameroon have just equalised for 1-1 and are pushing for a winner.

And yet it is now Mali looking better. Just had a goal from a free-kick ruled out for offside (correctly).

Was it correct though? Surely if keeper pushes it out its a second phase of play? Or are keepers not part of that ruling?

Thought it was given as the near-side player was foolishly off when the kick was taken?

Anyway, an AFCON summary: Wins for Gabon (Gp A), as well as Senegal and Algeria (both Gp C) only. FIVE 1-1 draws with only Burkina Faso failing to score. Poor Ouagadougou.

Thought it was given as the near-side player was foolishly off when the kick was taken?

Anyway, an AFCON summary: Wins for Gabon (Gp A), as well as Senegal and Algeria (both Gp C) only. FIVE 1-1 draws with only Burkina Faso failing to score. Poor Ouagadougou.

It was. But as he didn't touch as was yards ahead of him thought it might be phase 2 from keeper punch. Dare say they would class him as active for trying to get on the end of it even if it went nowhere near him :thup:

Been enjoying the highlights program on ITV4 every night. It's a great tournament, it's always completely batty. As evidenced by Gervinho :lol: the football has been decent too. South Africa's goal was lovely.

Fwiw, both matches today are meant to have been absolutely terrible. :lol: I was busy and skipped both, because they sounded boring, tbh. Should set up for interesting final matchday, though, with everyone alive. For better or worse, pretty much every match has been close. No one has been great, but no one terrible either. A desperate Ghana against "favourites" Algeria on Friday, should be interesting, though.