Huddersfield Town 2 - 2 NUFC - 05/08/2014

Ashley17

The pre-season argument would be a fair one if we weren't already way beyond the point of no return with Pardew.

The opinions of 99% are based on the last two years of absolute garbage and embarrassment, the lack of any new ideas or style in pre-season only add an extra can of petrol to the already raging inferno.

My mate who went tonight just texted me to say that he would rather spend the rest of his life in intensive care than another minute watching us.  :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers r0cafella by the way. Nice of you to provide us with updates through the game.

:thup:

Too lazy for ratings tbh lads sorry.

But for me the standouts were: Janmaat Riviere & Ayozé coming off the bench.

I know it's only a friendly but given the players we had out on the pitch I expected a higher level of performance.

No urgency shown whatsoever throughout the game and we looked happy to take a 1-1 after they equalised.

I know it's only a friendly but given the players we had out on the pitch I expected a higher level of performance.

No urgency shown whatsoever throughout the game and we looked happy to take a 1-1 after they equalised.

Really does sound like we're going to just carry on the way we ended last season, plus side is that maybe it could spell the end for Pardew.

Really does sound like we're going to just carry on the way we ended last season, plus side is that maybe it could spell the end for Pardew.

Apart from the 10 minute experiment of us trying to play out from the back and frankly looking clueless doing so it did seem very much the same as last season.

Willamson has the ball at his feet with time and lumps it up field with Janmaat looking on in disgust  :lol:

It feels like we've spent very little time actually practicing these things hence when we try to implement them it looks rather chaotic.

Hopefully Janmaat's presence will encourage everyone to play it about it.

I hope so mate, with him playing next to willo i have my concerns however.

He's just so bad with the ball at his feet by the time he's taken a touch he feels his only option is to lump it long.

Main thing I took away from tonight is that Janmatt looks a dreadful defender. Very good going forward but too willing to lunge in and foul at the back.

Really hope I'm wrong and he calms down over time.

Sounds like Debuchy in the beginning of his NUFC career.

Main thing I took away from tonight is that Janmatt looks a dreadful defender. Very good going forward but too willing to lunge in and foul at the back.

Very much so

I thought he looked pretty poor defensively at the world cup too

I thought he looked pretty poor defensively at the world cup too

Ah well, was nice for a week or two.