NUFC 1 - 0 Real Sociedad - 10/08/14

Disco

I suppose the defence is what I want to see, that's about it. If Colback plays slightly ahead of Anita then it might work, inevitably he will sit right alongside him as we concede possession.

Santon will be left back, Gouffran will drop to the bench with Anita. Can't see the shape changing much/at all.

:thup: Pardew is petrified of playing anything other than a flat 4 in midfield hence why we so often revert to it despite occasionally dabbling with a 3 or 2 sitters.

Santon will be left back, Gouffran will drop to the bench with Anita. Can't see the shape changing much/at all.

I do agree, didn't say the shape that changes. Just that with Cabella and De Jong there's a bit more attacking talent than is out there today.

So that changes it a little bit, even if the shape is the same. But as said there's always the chance he does a Ben Arfa with Cabella. :lol:

i'm sitting looking at that line up in absolute bewilderment

i was thinking 'what can he possibly be scared of vs. sociedad in a home friendly' but in a way if he goes to attack them and we end up three down like malaga then there's a chance things might get nasty for him again...suppose this must be foremost in his thinking

does not bode well for the season to come at SJP at all

i was thinking 'what can he possibly be scared of vs. sociedad in a home friendly' but in a way if he goes to attack them and we end up three down like malaga then there's a chance things might get nasty for him again...suppose this must be foremost in his thinking

Is he not just preparing for how we'll play next week?

Is he not just preparing for how we'll play next week?

who knows man, perhaps aye