Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - 23/08/14 @ 12:45 (BT Sport)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I reckon we'll knock it round midfield all pretty like, promising signs and all that, struggle to find the target with our 1 player in the box at a time tactics and concede a goal while Taylor is fervently beating his chest for clearing a shot that deflected off his arse for a corner.

Short version: Loss

Don't understand why people want us to lose games at the moment.

Ashley isn't bothered, if he was going to sack Pardew he'd have done it by now. He'll only do it this season if we are serious relegation trouble and he needs to protect our PL status.

So surely it's better to just get behind them? I'm very strongly in the Pardew Out camp but can never hope we lose

Don't understand why people want us to lose games at the moment.

Ashley isn't bothered, if he was going to sack Pardew he'd have done it by now. He'll only do it this season if we are serious relegation trouble and he needs to protect our PL status.

So surely it's better to just get behind them? I'm very strongly in the Pardew Out camp but can never hope we lose

Hope is the answer.

We hope if we lose enough games then Pardew will get sacked.

Anything other than a lose is just extending the misery.

Winning is misery?

Pardew won't get sacked though man. We've been on several losing streaks by now and Ashley hasn't even noticed

Aye, I can't be bothered wanting us to lose any more. We lost six in a row and he let him sign nine players.

T

Winning is misery?

Pardew won't get sacked though man. We've been on several losing streaks by now and Ashley hasn't even noticed

Aye, I can't be bothered wanting us to lose any more. We lost six in a row and he let him sign nine players.

Exactly. Let's not kid ourselves that the replacement would be any good either

Guest chopey

I want pardew,gone at any cost, I will not set foot in the ground until this odious, smarmy, coward has left and if that means losing games then I'm perfectly ok with that

I'll never get behind Ashley and Pardew, sorry.

I'm not actively wanting the team to lose, I'm just not bothered what happens any more. :(

That's how I feel. I'll cheer a goal or enjoy a match but it feels very distant at the moment as how can you put your heart and soul into it with this current board/manager who basically have no ambition.

I'm not actively wanting the team to lose, I'm just not bothered what happens any more. :(

That's how I feel. I'll cheer a goal or enjoy a match but it feels very distant at the moment as how can you put your heart and soul into it with this current board/manager who basically have no ambition.

I'm more interested in how the new players do than how the result turns out. It's odd.

I get the whole being bummed each game until Pardew is sacked, I just get fed up and very low each time I sit through a game we get bummed, even though there is a greater good (hopefully) at work when it happens.

I'm more interested in how the new players do than how the result turns out. It's odd.

I get the whole being bummed each game until Pardew is sacked, I just get fed up and very low each time I sit through a game we get bummed, even though there is a greater good (hopefully) at work when it happens.

To be honest I just enjoy the socials down the local when the match is on. Laughing at the nonsense Pardew comes out with and like you see showing an interest and how things unfold because it's never dull at NUFC is it. Following NUFC has just been absorbed into following football in general and the general chat around it. I expect defeats and the usual nonsense at the club but enjoy following it with the rest of the league. There's certainly very few clenched fist celebrations thesedays or head in hands when we're getting properly done, kind of a numb feeling watching the club thesedays. Certainly have no desire to go to a match.

I try not to think about long term and to see the positives. But it just doesn't get to me right now.

It just seems so pointless. What happend this spring, losing 14 games, didn't cost him his job. That means barely anything but relegation will.

We won't get relegated as long as we keep signing internationals, and there won't be an uprising like the one when we played Cardiff unless we go on a similar run.

I feel defeated more than anything. It's just numb.

I just feel totally numb about club football in general. The World Cup was brilliant but now it's back to the money talks football. Hard to get excited when an outstanding season means we'll finish 5th-7th. Just looking at what happened to Southampton makes me sick (they weren't blame free either to be honest). Good season playing nice football and they just get scavenged by the 'big' clubs.

Hard to believe it was little over ten years ago that SBR signed Bellamy and Robert and we were at the top of the table in December and would've had a real go at the title without the injuries. It's just not gonna happen anymore. Getting Pardew sacked would obviously be brilliant but the excitement just isn't there when 4th or 5th place is the best we can hope for even after he is gone.

Praying that things would change but it's just not going to happen. Fucking ridiculous that we don't even take the one possible bright spot seriously. Would fucking love a good cup run.

I actually really enjoyed following the league title race and the league in general last season. I still enjoy it but yes it's not the same as when I followed it years ago. The general enthusiasm has been sucked out of me by Ashley and Pardew regarding NUFC as of recent. I've got other sports like cycling that I follow and enjoy so it lessens the annoyances around the club :lol:

Regarding the match on sat, it'll be interesting to see if De Jong plays, keen to see what he's like as he could really add that extra creativity. Also keen to see how the likes of Rivière and Cabella get on again. Rivière if anything needs an early goal to get his confidence up. He's obviously got pace and power but the longer he hoes in the league without a goal the more obvious his deficiencies will become. Whereas if he gets a goal soon he could be a real threat.

Too earl in the season for both teams form wise to make a prediction. No result would be a surprise really.

My feelings also. I only live 17 miles from villa park and probably won't even watch it on the box.

Also of course we can look forward to seeing weakened sides put out for the cups so we can endure the annual humiliation of going out to some minnows with ambition from  lower leagues.

Hard to get excited with a manager with the following credentials:

Home Record (last 10 games):  Win = 3, Lose = 7.  Goals F/A 6/20

Away Record (last 10 games):  Win = 3, Lose = 6, Draw = 1.  Goals F/A 9/16

Overall: Win % = 30%, Lose = 65%, Draw = 5%.  Goals F/A 15/36