Aston Villa vs Newcastle United - 23/08/14 @ 12:45 (BT Sport)

Guest n4e
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Would like to see us start with a 4411 with Cabella and Riviere upfront then maybe a 442 with Perez later on.

Very much looking forward to see De Jong and Cabella. And i might even have a closer look at Colback as well as i thought he did quite well against City.

Yeah this is what I'm interested in today. I think we'll learn a lot more today about "where we are". If we lose this there's already real pressure going into the Palace game, on Pardew especially.

Andymc1 and myself managed to give a few frank opinions on the transfer activity and striker situation... Logistically the banners have been a problem but we might of got the smaller one in shot and there might be a separate pan and scan later...

I cant see De Jong starting, think we'll line up the same as City but De Jong will come on for Gouffran after another shite performance.

Based on the training/bibs theory De Jong will be starting - certainly hope so!

Guest neesy111

Andymc1 and myself managed to give a few frank opinions on the transfer activity and striker situation... Logistically the banners have been a problem but we might of got the smaller one in shot and there might be a separate pan and scan later...

:thup:

I just hope Pardew's tactical master plan to oppose Villa's counter attacking style isn't to sit everyone behind the ball, don't commit any bodies forward and fire long balls at Rivierre or we're all in for a frustrating afternoon regardless of the line-up.

What time does BT Sports pre-match build up begin?

What time does BT Sports pre-match build up begin?

10am

Seems early when the kick off is at 12.45.

They've got this new show starting I believe live from Villa Park...

The actual build up starts at 12. I assume that'll be the one where they're outside the stadium

I just hope Pardew's tactical master plan to oppose Villa's counter attacking style isn't to sit everyone behind the ball, don't commit any bodies forward and fire long balls at Rivierre or we're all in for a frustrating afternoon regardless of the line-up.

:thup:

Direct balls to the striker have always been a tactic of his regardless of opposition so I'm pretty sure this is what he'll look to do.