Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 23/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Was just remembering how we used to flow forward as a team under Keegan, everyone heading for the oppositions goal. What a f***ing contrast. :(

You mean with movement, crisp passing, driving forward and ruthless finishing?

I think that was a different sport tbh

Yeah, that's it, tear in my eye now.

Think it was called football - as opposed to the hoofball, crapball and panicball that Pardew instructs.

Guest neesy111

Does anyone know whether riviere scored more than Rodriguez and falcao at Monaco last season?

Apparently so according to the build up commentary...

He did.  Falcao was out for 1/2 the season mind.

Not surprising at all we can't create and score when there's hardly any players in the box.

We do need a striker but the main issue is the ridiculously negative tactics.

exactly, even villa flood people forward when they know they can break...been watching for 3 years pardew's tactics of leaving it to 1-2 players to try and break down a defence

i think it's finally going to unravel 'cause he no longer has a ba or remy to do it for him

Does anyone know whether riviere scored more than Rodriguez and falcao at Monaco last season?

Apparently so according to the build up commentary...

He did.  Falcao was out for 1/2 the season mind.

He's taking the mick because they've mentioned it loads

Not surprising at all we can't create and score when there's hardly any players in the box.

We do need a striker but the main issue is the ridiculously negative tactics.

exactly, even villa flood people forward when they know they can break...been watching for 3 years pardew's tactics of leaving it to 1-2 players to try and break down a defence

i think it's finally going to unravel 'cause he no longer has a ba or remy to do it for him

Twice when we have managed to get bodies forward, Sissoko has played a rubbish first time pass under no pressure.  He does this a lot

Said it last week, the guy doesn't look like he knows where the goal is.

That he plays in a team set up to play for a 0-0 (or worse) doesn't help, either

In spite of Pardew we're going to be good this season. I see something in this team.

just can't see anything to be honest

In spite of Pardew we're going to be good this season. I see something in this team.

What in the actual fuck are you taking Kaka? There's nothing from this game that says we'll be good this season. If anything we look as bad as in the spring.