Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Kept hearing pundits saying our game against Villa would be good and there'd be goals. One even reckoned it'd finish 3-2. Does anyone actually watch us? The Palace game will be the same - in reality we'll be lucky if there's 2 goals.

His general cluelessness and awful tactics have been papered over by two things imo. Firstly the likes of Ba and Remy have bailed him out in games where we've been poor but nicked a goal thus meaning people purely look at the result and eventual league position. Secondly I think there's the financial element whereby a lot of fans have been taken in by the whole "financial cautiouesness" angle. That the need to stay in the league is the only thing that matters and the club has played on this. Combine this with the constant drumming down of ambition the club has worked on and you have fans who are seemingly happy to put up with dross football and finishing mid table.

When actually what fans actually want is quite simply......a decent manager getting the team to play decent football with adequate "realistic" investment with a view to finishing as high up the table as possible or going for a cup or two.

Beggars belief that he gets such an easy ride from the press though. I was one of the later ones on here who turned having initially been surprised by what I read on here. Performances like the Reading home loss two seasons ago started to turn me and by the beginning of last season I'd had enough. I now just find it bemusingly comical listening to the stuff he comes out with now.

His general cluelessness and awful tactics have been papered over by two things imo. Firstly the likes of Ba and Remy have bailed him out in games where we've been poor but nicked a goal thus meaning people purely look at the result and eventual league position. Secondly I think there's the financial element whereby a lot of fans have been taken in by the whole "financial cautiouesness" angle. That the need to stay in the league is the only thing that matters and the club has played on this. Combine this with the constant drumming down of ambition the club has worked on and you have fans who are seemingly happy to put up with dross football and finishing mid table.

When actually what fans actually want is quite simply......a decent manager getting the team to play decent football with adequate "realistic" investment with a view to finishing as high up the table as possible or going for a cup or two.

Beggars belief that he gets such an easy ride from the press though. I was one of the later ones on here who turned having initially been surprised by what I read on here. Performances like the Reading home loss two seasons ago started to turn me and by the beginning of last season I'd had enough. I now just find it bemusingly comical listening to the stuff he comes out with now.

Reading at home was my turning point.  The week before we played out an awful 0-0 draw with Norwich, which I defended and said if we get pts at home to Reading a 4 pt haul would be decent.  Of course i never thought Pardew could be that stupid with his subs against Reading and deciding to hold a lead from the 55 minute mark.

The man is a dick.

Reading at home was my turning point.  The week before we played out an awful 0-0 draw with Norwich, which I defended and said if we get pts at home to Reading a 4 pt haul would be decent.  Of course i never thought Pardew could be that stupid with his subs against Reading and deciding to hold a lead from the 55 minute mark.

The man is a dick.

I remember going to that match with a stinking cold too, :lol: I couldn't believe what I saw that day, literally. Went in 1-0 at halftime after Cabaye's free kick and was chatting to the bloke next to me where we both said "surely he can't bottle this one". He did, panicked completely, put Ameobi on right wing, we punted long balls up field, McDermott saw Pardew and the team had lost our arses/bottle/everything, put Le Fondre on who subsequently out the game away. My god :lol:

Surprised Reading was a turning point. We'd lost 9 of the 12 games before that, including shipping 7 goals against Arsenal.

I really feel people are forgetting how long Pardew has been rubbish for. It's basically been his whole career here. I haven't enjoyed watching us in years and it hurts.

It really is sickening that we have Palace next. This lucky cunt always gets those kind of games when things start to turn bad. One win and the give us a wave crowd will be cheering at him for the rest of the season.

It's beyond belief how bad this guy is and yet he still has a job.

Guest thenorthumbrian

It really is sickening that we have Palace next. This lucky c*** always gets those kind of games when things start to turn bad. One win and the give us a wave crowd will be cheering at him for the rest of the season.

It's beyond belief how bad this guy is and yet he still has a job.

Next home defeat of the season and Pardew will need a sound proofed dug out. 

The man is a dick.

I remember going to that match with a stinking cold too, :lol: I couldn't believe what I saw that day, literally. Went in 1-0 at halftime after Cabaye's free kick and was chatting to the bloke next to me where we both said "surely he can't bottle this one". He did, panicked completely, put Ameobi on right wing, we punted long balls up field, McDermott saw Pardew and the team had lost our arses/bottle/everything, put Le Fondre on who subsequently out the game away. My god :lol:

Not forgetting we were doing ok, he took Marv off for Perch then 10 minutes later Cabaye who had just returned from injury came off tired and unable to play a full 90.

The man is a moron, why sub marv when you know for sure you wont get a full 90 out of Cabaye?!?!? This also convinced me Pardew has a set idea of when his subs will be used, rather than seeing how the game is being played out.

Ie Perch will go on, on 70 minutes, regardless.

I'm back to the stage were I want us to lose for the greater good. A few well timed defeats early in the season and we might have time to get an actual football manager in and have a decent final 2 thirds of the season.

It's a tough one really, while I still hope for him to lose a few games and be sacked, I have absolutely no faith in Ashley to actually get rid of him.

I'm back to the stage were I want us to lose for the greater good. A few well timed defeats early in the season and we might have time to get an actual football manager in and have a decent final 2 thirds of the season.

It's a tough one really, while I still hope for him to lose a few games and be sacked, I have absolutely no faith in Ashley to actually get rid of him.

When pardew is eventualy gone, it wont be anyone special. It will be another knacker from the scrap heap of football.

Or

Ashley sells and the new owners bin him.

Either way, these are years away.  I think his job is totally safe.  We wont go down.

I'd rather have this cunt gone and take our chances with another manager. No guarantees he'll be better than Pardew but unless it's Kinnear he surely can't be worse? If Pardew is unsackable then it's only a matter of time before we get relegated. We'd struggle to get promoted in the Championship with him as manager as well imo.

I'd rather have this cunt gone and take our chances with another manager. No guarantees he'll be better than Pardew but unless it's Kinnear he surely can't be worse? If Pardew is unsackable then it's only a matter of time before we get relegated. We'd struggle to get promoted in the Championship with him as manager as well imo.

Hes fulfilling his requirements for the owners- survival in the league, profits from player sales, 50,000 fans. they have no need or wish to get rid of him.

Guest reefatoon

The end of last season came at the wrong time.  the hatred was left until the last home game, which is a shame really. All we needed was another month of that kind of hatred and I think he would have been gone.  Such a shame that wasn't carried on over to this season. Feels like we have to go through the whole rigmarole again, lets just hope it doesn't take until the end of the season again.

Hes fulfilling his requirements for the owners- survival in the league, profits from player sales, 50,000 fans. they have no need or wish to get rid of him.

He just about survives in the league though realistically and without a game winner like Remy or Ba in the team we'll seriously struggle this season. There's no where to hide for Pardew now and we'll definitely be in the dog fight, the warning signs were there in the second half of last season.

Do you think Ashley would get rid of Pardew if we went down? It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley gave him a chance to get us straight back up, remember he gave Hughton the job when we went down last time which before the season was a massive risk.

Sustained fan pressure would have Pardew out. Has an NUFC manager in recent memory survived it?

Thing is, he's doing exactly what the owner wants him to, so he'll survive it for longer than any other. 

The grief he's already had, combined with his absolute dog shit approach and shit record here still only resulted in yet another bull shit 'end of season review' which probably didn't even happen.  It'll take another relegation battle for it to even be contemplated imo.

Pardew walking because of the abuse is more likely than Ashley sacking the prick. He's survived a near-relegation, abysmal runs of results and performances and headbutting opposition players so he's safe as houses. Needs to be driven into his dugout and made to stay there until he just gives up.

the give us a wave crowd will be cheering at him for the rest of the season.

People keep banging on about this, when was the last time it happened?

Maybe not actually chanting that, but there's definitely a section of our support that are happy with Pardew and only need a couple of cheap wins to be delighted with the job he's doing. Just see the nonsense some fans come out with on social media as an example.

He just about survives in the league though realistically and without a game winner like Remy or Ba in the team we'll seriously struggle this season. There's no where to hide for Pardew now and we'll definitely be in the dog fight, the warning signs were there in the second half of last season.

Do you think Ashley would get rid of Pardew if we went down? It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley gave him a chance to get us straight back up, remember he gave Hughton the job when we went down last time which before the season was a massive risk.

I have lost all faith in him and the cronies running the club- Im not certain they would even sack him if we were relegated. They would look at the parachute payments, ask him if he could get us back up- if the numbers worked- he would be kept. :anguish: