Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Dummett's a better defender than Davide.  Davide is useless in the final third but he carries the ball very well and gets us up the pitch. The Dummett floater down the byline to the opposition is painful to watch. 

I'm Santon's biggest critic. But he's a PL footballer at the very least.  Not certain about the other lads if they'll even have Premiership careers. Neither are much younger than Santon.

Better?, maybe, but I don't think Santons a good enough defender to be a lot better at it than anyone to be honest.  The amount of times he'd go missing or put in one of his famous none tackles (tentatively stick his foot in a bit and have the ball nicked past him) had me tearing my hair out when he was a regular starter.

Are people here actually claiming Santon is a good defender or am I misunderstanding?

Madness isn't it, amazing how a player gets better the longer they are out injured.

I just didn't forget that he's better than Dummett and Haidara, thanks.

Anyone see that shot conversion stat on Sky?  We have the worst in the league with 7%.  Hull are the next worst with 12%.  That speaks volumes for the management of the team.  When you watch us shoot, it's like the players don't see what the goal until the weekend.  Any sane person would have our attackers doing nothing but shooting training for a week.  It's just horrendous how neglected the attacking side of our play is.  It's part of what builds pressure on our weak defence.  We don't keep the ball or attack well in any area past the half way line.

Guest chicken little

it'd be a buzz if this bloke was caned across the soles of his feet in front of a bloodthirsty mob. literally tarred-and-feathered on the town moor.

Guest Dontooner

All of our left backs are quite horrible at defending.

Dummett= Pardew = Shola

Haidara packs a good cross but needs serious experience for defending.

Santon at his worse loses us a single by himself game. However his overall passing and movement makes us a better footballing team.

Rather having Santon in the team. Makes the team less direct.