Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Someone describe the Steve Stone thing in a little more detail please.

Final whistle goes, Stone jumps to hug Pardew, Pardew grabs him viciously and looks like he's trying to slam/finish him. It's just weird. :lol:

Someone describe the Steve Stone thing in a little more detail please.

Search for their names on google and you'll find a clip.

Just seen it. It was even more bizarre than I imagined. Proper pushes/throws Stone to the ground, face contorted with what looks like rage. Then just walks off without looking back. This guy has got some issues.

It blatantly is, just not yet.

Quite clearly nothing would make Ashley sack Pardew.

That's not true at all. He will get sacked at some point. Without a doubt

And you base this on? Absolutely nothing suggests it.

I think the forum can do without absurd comments like this.

Absurd? I'll tell you what's absurd; that Alan Pardew is still the manager of Newcastle United. He's obviously untouchable.

That's not true at all. He will get sacked at some point. Without a doubt

Would agree 100% with a normal. sane owner.

Not sure I have much faith in Ashley to do the right thing, or why he would want too at this point...

The words of Lambeezee keep coming back to haunt me...'no idea how nasty we can be' wasn't it....or something similar.

At the moment he has his stooge manager. Cheap as well. Doing just enough to keep the money rolling in and not asking for money to be spent etc. Perfect for Ashley's intentions for the club: IE to make him money and be a highly visible advert for his tawdry company.

No great, angry clamour from the majority of the match going fanbase to have him removed (not in terms of affecting gates/sales of merchandise and stuff that matters to MA anyway).

OK the knowledgable or old style fanbase have cottoned onto it all but we don't matter to him.

He wants rid of us anyway imo and to have the ground full of those merely attending to view 'something', could be anything for most of 'em. It just happens to be football and just happens to be NUFC but it isn't the kind of support traditionally associated with the game for the past 50-60 years...Maybe it's just the way of things all over in that respect.

At some point he will leave I agree but I'm not convinced it will be this season. Not convinced at all.

He'll sack him or he'll walk if our fans get involved on a weekly basis and show unequivocally that he isn't welcome, similar to what happened against Cardiff at home last year and to an extent Stoke away this year.

If it continues in fits and spurts (along with our form) then he's safe as houses though.

Doing just enough to keep the money rolling in

Not at present he isn't, having had arguably the easiest start in the division (only Man Utd could claim an easier one).

A serious relegation threat is the only thing that will remove him. All this they've spun over the years about there being a minimum acceptable position is complete rubbish, the minimum (for both Ashley and a great deal of our fans) is 17th, but he will go if that starts to look unlikely. 

He'll sack him or he'll walk if our fans get involved on a weekly basis and show unequivocally that he isn't welcome, similar to what happened against Cardiff at home last year and to an extent Stoke away this year.

If it continues in fits and spurts (along with our form) then he's safe as houses though.

Absolutely no chance of that happening unless we lose every single game. Even then when the best teams turn up, it has to be at least 4-0 for the masses not to celebrate "giving a good account of ourselves".