Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Aye, but then you seem to be forgetting sackpardew.com.

Who're keeping the torch alive, at least. I hope their goal of enlightening the masses succeeds, so far seems to have only resulted in unnecessary divisions within the support, bizarrely. I hope they keep going and not let this get them down.

Still maintain the mutes who sit there, week after week, watching this turgid shit without speaking out are a massive hindrance to the club. Loyalty is great but being so loyal that you accept any old toss served up without question or criticism benefits no-one. Can't bring themselves to hear a word said against the club or the people representing it out of myopic devotion. A complete lack of critical thinking and a propensity to repeatedly and willingly gollop down this pigshit without question or debate.

A significant proportion of our fans are thick fucking arseholes.

Someone describe the Steve Stone thing in a little more detail please.

Search for their names on google and you'll find a clip.

Just seen it. It was even more bizarre than I imagined. Proper pushes/throws Stone to the ground, face contorted with what looks like rage. Then just walks off without looking back. This guy has got some issues.

It's actually rather disturbing, made worse by the way Stone is almost cuddling him in a submissive fashion, face down. Then thrown to the floor by a snarling Pards and just disappears from view.  :lol:

All good points. I have no idea what's happened to our support, we should be like how the Villa fans were to get Ellis out, they were out marching every fucking week.

A hell of a lot of them stopped going, too.

Still maintain the mutes who sit there, week after week, watching this turgid shit without speaking out are a massive hindrance to the club. Loyalty is great but being so loyal that you accept any old toss served up without question or criticism benefits no-one. Can't bring themselves to hear a word said against the club or the people representing it out of myopic devotion. A complete lack of critical thinking and a propensity to repeatedly and willingly gollop down this pigshit without question or debate.

A significant proportion of our fans are thick fucking arseholes.

Spot on.

Guest firetotheworks

I've said it a million times before, but the main problem (from our perspective) with these people is that they hold the very thing that we criticise them for as a badge of honour.

Guest firetotheworks

He's criticised Ashley a couple of times. There's no way he'll be manager if we're in danger of being relegated (in Ashley's mind)

I'm telling it like it is. There's no way this nonsense would be allowed to happen at clubs like Liverpool, Spurs, Man U, Everton or even f***ing Villa.

Eh… Ellis was in charge for years and they hated him.

It blatantly is, just not yet.

Quite clearly nothing would make Ashley sack Pardew.

That's not true at all. He will get sacked at some point. Without a doubt

And you base this on? Absolutely nothing suggests it.

The fact that basically every single manager in the history of football leaves or gets sacked.

Most clubs hire a manager for footballing reasons, there's no way this mug was hired for his track record or talent.

I'm telling it like it is. There's no way this nonsense would be allowed to happen at clubs like Liverpool, Spurs, Man U, Everton or even f***ing Villa.

Your point being what? :lol:

Caller on 606 sticking the boot in to Pardew at the moment - going on about certain players being 'pardewed'. :thup:

Just listened to this and thought the complete opposite tbh. Began the call moaning about selling Cabaye for a start.

People still think he'll be sacked if we look like we're going down? I've made this point before a couple of times, but it needs driven home. The last time we went down it looked likely that we'd be in and around there but he stuck with Kinnear regardless. Kinnear only went because of his health. With 8 games to go Ashley appointed a man who had never managed or coached a football club before, never mind at the top level. Shearer's a hero to me but he was out of his depth there and it was a stupid appointment that cost the club it's Premier League status*.

Ashley has proven time and time again he is clueless with this shit so why would it change now? Even when we were down he went for the cheap option in Hughton, who luckily for us worked out, but it was a desperate appointment at the time.

Pardew is the safe option for Ashley, he's the yes man and because of the 5th season he's probably seen as a good manager who is capable of having a great season here and there. Pardew will get until the absolute end to try and keep us in this division, and even if we do go down I've no doubt in my mind that Ashley will see him as the man to take us back up. Ashley probably thinks Pardew is too good for the Championship and would piss it. Long story short, Pardew is going fucking nowhere. The man headbutted someone and survived, he's won how many games this year? He's still here. At this point he can't do anything to be sacked other than headbutt Ashley himself.

*I know a lot of the damage had been done. But we just needed a point, an experienced manager would probably have got it.

While I agree with the aforementioned points, the only counter argument would be: why does he keep attending matches? If he truly doesn't give a fuck, his attendances at games has actually increased recently. Why turn up to watch dross?

While I agree with the aforementioned points, the only counter argument would be: why does he keep attending matches? If he truly doesn't give a fuck, his attendances at games has actually increased recently. Why turn up to watch dross?

Who knows? Maybe he just decided to take in more games. It could literally be as simple as that.

God his latest sycophantic shit towards  Ashley is wretched. You'll get fans still saying "feel sorry for him" "Ashley is the problem." Yeah, the same Ashley that poor old Pards is constantly bigging up.

All this bigging up of Mike is just him desperately trying to hold on to the job. Its pathetic that it seems to be working.

He was, but even under Ellis they won the Littlewoods Cup and even, I think, the European Cup at the start of the 80s....

We are noticeably absent from any likelihood of winning trophies under Ashley, even though he leaves Ellis dead for financial wealth.

People still think he'll be sacked if we look like we're going down? I've made this point before a couple of times, but it needs driven home. The last time we went down it looked likely that we'd be in and around there but he stuck with Kinnear regardless. Kinnear only went because of his health. With 8 games to go Ashley appointed a man who had never managed or coached a football club before, never mind at the top level. Shearer's a hero to me but he was out of his depth there and it was a stupid appointment that cost the club it's Premier League status*.

Ashley has proven time and time again he is clueless with this shit so why would it change now? Even when we were down he went for the cheap option in Hughton, who luckily for us worked out, but it was a desperate appointment at the time.

Pardew is the safe option for Ashley, he's the yes man and because of the 5th season he's probably seen as a good manager who is capable of having a great season here and there. Pardew will get until the absolute end to try and keep us in this division, and even if we do go down I've no doubt in my mind that Ashley will see him as the man to take us back up. Ashley probably thinks Pardew is too good for the Championship and would piss it. Long story short, Pardew is going fucking nowhere. The man headbutted someone and survived, he's won how many games this year? He's still here. At this point he can't do anything to be sacked other than headbutt Ashley himself.

*I know a lot of the damage had been done. But we just needed a point, an experienced manager would probably have got it.

Ashley far more likely to spend a few quid in January than sack Pardew if we're still in danger