Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Not like Wallsendmag to change his mind every 5 minutes.

If it was guaranteed he would lose his job if we lost against QPR yes I'd take it but he won't hence why I want us to win that game as I did today. I've come to terms with the fact that he's not going anywhere any time soon so I'll get behind the players and hope we continue this run of form for a while longer.

Fair enough, I don't want us to lose at the minute either.  Seems a bit rich for you to slag off other people for not thinking the same when you held the contrary view not long ago at all though.  Seem to recall a similar about-turn re going to the match versus not going to the match.

Thing is I've come round to the fact that things aren't going to change any time in the foreseeable future regarding manager or owner so I can either whinge on here about wanting us to lose all the time or just say f**k them I'll do what I've done most of my life and simply just support my team.

I've packed in my season ticket that I'd had over 20 years and pay match by match now. Ill never buy another season ticket as long as Ashley's here because if we're doing well he'll cash in on it in January and leave the last 8 or 9 games as pointless kickabouts like last season.

The nightmare never ends. Arrrrgghh.

We won. It's the 5th time in a row we've done that. Pardew isn't going anywhere so the best thing to do is to forget him, support the players and enjoy watching a winning team. If you can't do that it may be time to look for another hobby as following NUFC clearly isn't doing it for you.

I don't like Pardew either and never will (look at my avatar) but all this wanting us to lose and not celebrating when we score or win is just plain silly.

It's up to anyone how they support the team, if thats how you feel that's fine but telling people to "look for another hobby" isn't fair.

Wanting us to lose isn't supporting the team.

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

If you want someone to lose you aren't supporting them.

I can't believe we're still having the same stupid arguments when we're winning games as we were when we weren't.

Except it's not a no brainer and you're wrong.

The definition of support isn't "want to win." Absolutely nowhere in any dictionary will you find that written.

I give up cos I'm going end up swearing or abusing someone as I just cannot fathom why anyone at any time would want the team the purport to support to lose.

We won. It's the 5th time in a row we've done that. Pardew isn't going anywhere so the best thing to do is to forget him, support the players and enjoy watching a winning team. If you can't do that it may be time to look for another hobby as following NUFC clearly isn't doing it for you.

I don't like Pardew either and never will (look at my avatar) but all this wanting us to lose and not celebrating when we score or win is just plain silly.

It's up to anyone how they support the team, if thats how you feel that's fine but telling people to "look for another hobby" isn't fair.

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

I can't believe we're still having the same stupid arguments when we're winning games as we were when we weren't.

The definition of support isn't "want to win." Absolutely nowhere in any dictionary will you find that written.

If you want the players to lose then clearly you aren't supporting them.

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

I give up cos I'm going end up swearing or abusing someone as I just cannot fathom why anyone at any time would want the team the purport to support to lose.

If its really such a difficult concept concept for you to grasp you must run into a lot of difficulties in every-day life. :lol:

In your opinion.

It's a no brainer.

If its really such a difficult concept concept for you to grasp you must run into a lot of difficulties in every-day life. :lol:

I've been told I'm argumentative but I disagree.

In your opinion.

Look up the definition of "supporter" in the dictionary then.

No. Some people look for the bigger picture. Happened against Souness, is happening now. You don't want to do it. That's up to you. No one is slagging the team. People want the best for NUFC. You don't get to dictate to people what being a supporter is. So what about those who grief the players when they lose the ball? They "supporting" the team are they?

A fair few people who also want the best for NUFC (sometimes just random bods in the stands), have copped a lot worse on here recently than a gentle suggestion to find a new hobby to be fair.

Not a competition though is it? I'm merely pointing out that I don't agree with telling people to find a new hobby

Fair do's.

For what it's worth, I'm not sure there is any sudden pressure to back the bloke, even from the local media. Would take a sustained goddamned miracle for the hate to soften for most. But it's understandable that those seeing other supporters not enjoying games and actively wanting us to lose when the going is (granted, suspiciously) good, start feeling some frustration too.

Newcastle winning is still a good drug, whoever the dealer is. :D

This is the most pointless argument I've ever read, you must be stupid if you cant see why somebody would want there team to lose in the short term if in the long term it would help the club, and then go on to say a person isnt a supporter because they dont support the team on the pitch. A supporter supports whats best for Newcastle Untied and if we were 1 defeat away from Pardew sacked Id wish defeat on us anyday of the week.

I thought the atmosphere was great today. And the whole Pardew debate seemed to be no part of it, it was just about seeing a team almost reinvented playing with confidence, resilience and - very occasionally - a bit of swagger. There was a real feel-good atmosphere today. All that said, when leaving, there was a sizeable group of lads singing the  "Alan Pardew, he's back from the dead" song. The lad walking beside me with his girlfriend substituted that line with "I want him dead". Both made me smile. And ps, I thought Abeid was immense again today.

Rob Lee has said he was desperate to lose the derby in the rain to get rid of Gullit. ujpest would rather have won, had another season of him and missed out on Robson. True fan.

I would rather of won.

Can't believe anyone would advocate losing to them lot down the road mind jeez.

Rob Lee has said he was desperate to lose the derby in the rain to get rid of Gullit. ujpest would rather have won, had another season of him and missed out on Robson. True fan.

I would rather of won.

:lol:

Yet you're happy to have Pardew in charge for the next derby. Walking contradiction.

I would rather of won.

:lol:

Yet you're happy to have Pardew in charge for the next derby. Walking contradiction.

Do you think he wanted to lose against them like?

I thought the atmosphere was great today. And the whole Pardew debate seemed to be no part of it, it was just about seeing a team almost reinvented playing with confidence, resilience and - very occasionally - a bit of swagger. There was a real feel-good atmosphere today. All that said, when leaving, there was a sizeable group of lads singing the  "Alan Pardew, he's back from the dead" song. The lad walking beside me with his girlfriend substituted that line with "I want him dead". Both made me smile. And ps, I thought Abeid was immense again today.

I hope they get cholera, just like your parasite mate.

In your opinion.

Look up the definition of "supporter" in the dictionary then.

No. Some people look for the bigger picture. Happened against Souness, is happening now. You don't want to do it. That's up to you. No one is slagging the team. People want the best for NUFC. You don't get to dictate to people what being a supporter is. So what about those who grief the players when they lose the ball? They "supporting" the team are they?

Those who grief the players who lose the ball are doing so out of frustration not because they want the team they claim to support to lose the match. Surely even you can see the difference there. The manager is going nowhere so what's the point in people still wanting us to lose?

Now once again look up the definition of "supporter" in the dictionary.

Howay man.

• a person who is actively interested in and wishes success for a particular sports team.

Some people believe success for our particular sports team requires major fundamental change, which a few crack-papering wins won't help.

Fair enough if you disagree, but you can't call it not being a supporter.

This is the most pointless argument I've ever read, you must be stupid if you cant see why somebody would want there team to lose in the short term if in the long term it would help the club, and then go on to say a person isnt a supporter because they dont support the team on the pitch. A supporter supports whats best for Newcastle Untied and if we were 1 defeat away from Pardew sacked Id wish defeat on us anyday of the week.

But we're not 1 defeat away from Pardew getting the sack yet someone on here was still saying they wanted us to lose today (or in his words, "the nightmare continues" after a 2-0 win). Wanting us to lose today had no bearing on what's best for NUFC as win, lose or draw the manager was going nowhere.

Basic facts - the future for NUFC is grim no matter who is the manager. Pardew isn't getting sacked any time soon, it might take relegation and possibly a failed promotion.

Personally I have to admit I've supported the team through these last few games, nothing feels like it should but that's because of the pointlessness of us as a club, and the lack of possibility of change. Given that, I'm just going to try and enjoy what I can on a weekly basis.

Don't feel I can criticise anyone else's stance due to the fact I don't have a clue what to think myself.

Basic facts - the future for NUFC is grim no matter who is the manager.

Nah.

Well I guess in theory no, but I meant with any manager Ashley would get.

Well then... there is an awful lot of ambiguity and room for interpretation in this 'basic fact'.