Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Just posted this on Twitter. Sums up my feelings, as well as answering those non-nufc supporting mates of mine who have text over the last few weeks saying "still want Pardew out lol"

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/09/3815e7a55b833c887951bc234df1dd7b.jpg

We're doing well enough that I've allowed myself to forget that he exists.  Probably the highest praise I can offer.

I think that's the best attitude tbh. Just enjoy the wins while they are coming and ignore the tit in the dugout.

I'm not fickle, I still f***ing hate him and believe our squad would do better without him as manager. Well done on winning some games, it's been a long time.

Have to agree with this. The biggest problem for me is that, I don't think we're going to keep this form for long. I might be wrong, but in the end, his NUFC side has always gone on runs either good or bad.

Just posted this on Twitter. Sums up my feelings, as well as answering those non-nufc supporting mates of mine who have text over the last few weeks saying "still want Pardew out lol"

Very well put. I am pleased we are winning, but this is nothing new. Pardew's tenure is characterised by extreme peaks and troughs; there is rarely any consistency. I am sure we will go on another awful run at some point in this season and he will be under extreme pressure again.

But more than anything else, after four years now I just don't feel like he has brought the team forward significantly. We don't have any discernible style, over the period several youngsters careers have severely stagnated and he certainly isn't getting the best out of the squad we have. 

Wouldn't surprise me if big fat Mike laid down an ultimatum after Stoke. Regardless of form we've never seen cisse, gouffran and williamson on the bench whilst the likes of perez start.

He'll ultimately always have longer poor runs than good runs and will be pragmatic in his approach (being kind) but I've enjoyed the last few games for different reasons so I'll continue to ignore him.

Also think the protests have had a good impact, even if they didn't achieve their primary aim

I'm not fickle, I still f***ing hate him and believe our squad would do better without him as manager. Well done on winning some games, it's been a long time.

Have to agree with this. The biggest problem for me is that, I don't think we're going to keep this form for long. I might be wrong, but in the end, his NUFC side has always gone on runs either good or bad.

We won't and what's worse the players who have been a catalyst for this run will be dropped immediately the minute the more "experienced" players are available.

As usual he's fallen on a good thing and like every other time that happened he'll fuck it up.

Guest chicken little

can't read it could you zoom it in a bit

can't read it could you zoom it in a bit

Imagine if we'd come off the back of two incredible seasons, top 7 finishes and good cup runs. Then we started this season very well, only to lose a few on the bounce. Would it be harsh to call for the managers head? Would it be cynical? Unfair? Of course it would. So why, when the opposite happens, are we expected to retract calls for Pardew's head? The media are clueless when it comes to nufc. 

Wouldn't surprise me if big fat Mike laid down an ultimatum after Stoke. Regardless of form we've never seen cisse, gouffran and williamson on the bench whilst the likes of perez start.

He'll ultimately always have longer poor runs than good runs and will be pragmatic in his approach (being kind) but I've enjoyed the last few games for different reasons so I'll continue to ignore him.

Also think the protests have had a good impact, even if they didn't achieve their primary aim

Yeah, I think some of the focus finally went on Pardew, for once. The next time we're shit, people will remember the Pardew stuff and it'll surface much quicker.

Thought the team selection today was spot on, and then after 70-odd minutes we got a reminder that we're just a 3+ goal defeat away from Williamson, Gouffran and Ryan Taylor coming in to 'steady the ship'; he's fucking desperate to get them on the pitch.

Whenever we're winning away from home (yeah not often) he seems to use this as a chance to give the shite players a runout.

Today I've conceded that we'll wont be getting rid of the cunt for the foreseeable future and actually took some enjoyment seeing us win. If it werent for Perez, Abeid, Aarrons, Cabella and Sissoko i'd happily take no interest whatsoever but for now I'm just about content on forgetting this cunt in the dugout and supporting us, purely on the fact I dont see these players fall by the wayside.

Guest Howaythetoon

Being bailed out by the players and poor opposition. The two goals aside today, we were very poor I thought. Just as well WBA were even poorer. Constant long balls to Ameobi and Perez? Colo and Dummet getting too tight to their forwards? Constant sideways and backwards passing from our midfield? A Pardew wet dream of a performance and a result.

Being bailed out by the players and poor opposition. The two goals aside today, we were very poor I thought. Just as well WBA were even poorer. Constant long balls to Ameobi and Perez? Colo and Dummet getting too tight to their forwards? Constant sideways and backwards passing from our midfield? A Pardew wet dream of a performance and a result.

Not sure that counts as "being bailed out", the team played like he wanted to and he got the result. Though of course I agree, it looks awful.

Guest Howaythetoon

Not sure that counts as "being bailed out", the team played like he wanted to and he got the result. Though of course I agree, it looks awful.

You're right the team played exactly how he wants it to and has done for a few games now, but we all know it relies on individualism, huge dollops of fortune, misfiring opposition and uber team spirit. Its not sustainable. And its god awful to watch. I enjoyed Colo's goal and welcome the win despite feeling no real degree of delight with it, but that style of football is like sticking needles into your own eyeballs or something.

The only players in todays 11 that are droppable are Colback and Ameobi. Colback wont be dropped and there is no alternative to Ameobi until Aarons is back.

De Jong for Colback, Aarons for Ameobi and eventually Santon for Haidara and that would be my XI at the minute.