Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Actually that's slightly harsh on you I suppose Ian, as you do seem to realise he's a crap manager now.  This qualifying every statement with "We're not going to get any better under Ashley" thing is very tiresome though, I can't agree that keeping things tight and trying to nick a goal is the only way and I should just accept it.

Pardew no more knows what's going 'right' now than he does what was going wrong for the last nine months.

That's why he is a poor manager - and I would take anyone who was able to assess the problems and attempt to remedy them in a logical way, over him who bumbles about and takes credit for success but none of the blame for failure.

One thing that annoys me is that no-one in the press makes mention of the fact that he's turned things around by doing what fans have been crying out for. The football is still rubbish but the pressure has made him change the team and drop some of his golden boys at the very least. If we had just sat back and done nothing we'd still be suffering the same old rubbish.

The press don't even realise that the fact results have turned around is in complete contradiction to every defence of him that was going, i.e. he's getting everything possible out of these players and can't be expected to do any better without Cabaye.

Guest diddimz

I'm enjoying this run of results. I want pardew out and by no means think he's learnt his lesson, the first poor performance will see him blaming the fans again. But I cant see him leaving this season now even if we go on another massive losing streak.so I'd rather enjoy the wind while I can. It's been way to long since there's been a string of enjoyable games

Actually that's slightly harsh on you I suppose Ian, as you do seem to realise he's a crap manager now.  This qualifying every statement with "We're not going to get any better under Ashley" thing is very tiresome though, I can't agree that keeping things tight and trying to nick a goal is the only way and I should just accept it.

Nah I didn't mean that, I certainly don't qualify everything with it :lol:

What I meant was, the frustration about the club's situation is fundamentally rooted in our tackiness, lack of ambition etc etc.

We could get better under a different manager.

The press don't even realise that the fact results have turned around is in complete contradiction to every defence of him that was going, i.e. he's getting everything possible out of these players and can't be expected to do any better without Cabaye.

:thup:

Supporters shouldn't be apologising to Alan Pardew, some of the media should be apologising to the players. Gary Neville, for starters.

Happy that the danger of being mired in the bottom three all season has lessened, but cannot shake the idea that we'd still be there if we hadn't had any injuries this season.  And that is fucked up.

Kinnear was a better manager than this clown, that's how bad he is.

One thing that annoys me is that no-one in the press makes mention of the fact that he's turned things around by doing what fans have been crying out for. The football is still rubbish but the pressure has made him change the team and drop some of his golden boys at the very least. If we had just sat back and done nothing we'd still be suffering the same old rubbish.

So, taking that point of view to its logical conclusion; it's Sackpardew's fault that we're stuck with the useless fucker.

I do know what you mean though, the dynamic created by the protests have made him change at some level, and possibly created a bunker mentality in the camp, which has allowed an improvement in on field performances.

It's totally joyless for me though, with the prospect of another 5 years of this shite, not a prospect I want to contemplate too much.

Guest firetotheworks

Rob Lee has said he was desperate to lose the derby in the rain to get rid of Gullit. ujpest would rather have won, had another season of him and missed out on Robson. True fan.

I would rather of won.

Can't believe anyone would advocate losing to them lot down the road mind jeez.

:lol:

Yet you're happy to have Pardew in charge for the next derby. Walking contradiction.

Do you think he wanted to lose against them like?

Wanting Pardew or 'supporting the team' is tantamount to wanting us to lose vs the mackems imo. It doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to understand the gaping flaw in your logic.