Crystal Palace manager

Mick

What are your current feelings about Alan Pardew, Happy Face?

Same as the day he got the job.

Complete charlatan as a manager and should be nowhere near Newcastle.

Strange, I had you down as fan of his.

You have to give him credit for the current run though don't you? What's that now, four wins in a row? Quite the statistic.

People had me down as a fan of his because I've always been fair.  I don't just cherry pick stats that make him look bad.  I hoy up whatever I find interesting, good or bad.

I'm under no illusions that any period of good fortune he walks into makes him a better manager.  No matter what results we pull off, the performances are rarely at an acceptable level.

Unfortunately his survival depends on the numbers rather than the spectacle, and he seems to be coming out of a punishing period with some of his better looking numbers of recent seasons.

What are your current feelings about Alan Pardew, Happy Face?

Same as the day he got the job.

Complete charlatan as a manager and should be nowhere near Newcastle.

Strange, I had you down as fan of his.

You have to give him credit for the current run though don't you? What's that now, four wins in a row? Quite the statistic.

Give him credit :lol: :lol:

Two points off the Champions League and in the last 8 of a cup. :lol:

What odds on that when Cisse was about to come on to the pitch against Hull.

They would have been quite high. Didn't expect this at all.

Fantastic turnaround. :clap:

/lumps everything on a QPR away win.

He's been forced into playing some younger players, play Sissoko through the middle which has proved massive, we've come up against teams performing below par and we've taken our chances. Had Rivière been playing we'd still be bottom 3.

We played very well against City and Lpool were awful, scoring first against Leicester andWest Brom turned those games. Spurs should have been home and hosed by half time.

Having said that I think we can only expect to get better and Pardew has to take some credit. If however, we have the familiar drop off in performances it should only high light his short comings. In that scenario surely he'd have to go.

He's been forced into playing some younger players, play Sissoko through the middle which has proved massive, we've come up against teams performing below par and we've taken our chances. Had Rivière been playing we'd still be bottom 3.

We played very well against City and Lpool were awful, scoring first against Leicester andWest Brom turned those games. Spurs should have been home and hosed by half time.

Having said that I think we can only expect to get better and Pardew has to take some credit. If however, we have the familiar drop off in performances it should only high light his short comings. In that scenario surely he'd have to go.

That is the league in a nutshell isn't it? Leciester aside, all 3 will either stay up fairly comfortably or challenge/finish in European spots.

Thought he got the team selection and shape spot-on.

Cabella was a non-event and Ayoze apart from the goal struggled to get involved but it was the right approach.

Wouldn't give him too much credit with our injury list.

Could've easily have started Gouff.

True. But if the entire squad was fit i've no doubt the team selection would be completely different, and for the worse.

Still typical Pardew momentum this, not sustainable.

The younger players look good though, he'll do well to ruin this crop as well.

It's all or nothing with The King. Win every game for a while or lose them all

Being bailed out by the players and poor opposition. The two goals aside today, we were very poor I thought. Just as well WBA were even poorer. Constant long balls to Ameobi and Perez? Colo and Dummet getting too tight to their forwards? Constant sideways and backwards passing from our midfield? A Pardew wet dream of a performance and a result.

We certainly weren't "very poor" today like.