Crystal Palace manager

Mick

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/dec/27/alternative-review-sport-2014-gaffes-rows-grasshoppers

Best resurrection

Alan Pardew: still in the game after surviving a series of unsurvivable lows – including nuzzling Hull’s David Meyler; being called “dead, finished, over” by Mike Ashley; and seeing #PardewOut trending above #HappyBirthdayNiall and #21ReasonsWhyWeLoveNiall. He held his nerve, telling the press he would spend his evenings polishing his 2012 manager of the year trophy until things improved.

Jesus fucking christ

The narrative around the good results was that the manager had turned it around and proved everyone wrong as well.  Back to normal and it doesn't apply the other way.

It's infuriating but it's a by-product of NUFC fans being told they shouldn't expect better, by everyone from representatives of the club to other fans to the media.

:thup:  Getting told by a Liverpool fan on another forum that we're deluded and 10th is the best we could hope for so Pardew is doing a reasonable job yesterday :anguish:

Id take f***ing Keith Chegwin if it meant Pardcunt was out of the Tyneside air.  The t*** has been stealing a living from us for 4 years with his ramblings an excuse to knock the cockney c*** out, every time his gob moves.

With the way the clubs run, the Squad we have we will not get a manager who will do much better. He just may not talk crap in the press.That will be the only real improvement. We have a mid table squad and that's exactly where we are....

Id take f***ing Keith Chegwin if it meant Pardcunt was out of the Tyneside air.  The t*** has been stealing a living from us for 4 years with his ramblings an excuse to knock the cockney c*** out, every time his gob moves.

With the way the clubs run, the Squad we have we will not get a manager who will do much better. He just may not talk crap in the press.That will be the only real improvement. We have a mid table squad and that's exactly where we are....

Wew

We wouldn't have a mid table squad if Pardew didn't get rid of our best players or whore them out to other teams. Even now we have a core group of players that would easily compete for top 6 if he wasn't such a retard. Krul, Janmaat, Yanga Mbiwa, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Ayoze, De Jong(from what I saw at Ajax) are not mid table players. If we played any way attacking Cisse would also grab more goals without doubt. Cabella if given more of a chance could turn out to be a good player too

Agreed, every other possible manager will play Gouffran who offers nothing and they will have him on the wing where he's totally ineffective.  Every possible manager will think Mike Williamson is a premiership defender and that Obertan is fit to do anything with a football.  Add to that, every other manager will spend 80% of out training time on defence and base his game around stopping the opposition.  Every other manager will gift the mackems 3 points per game when his arse drops out.  Every other manager will try to sell at least 1 player per window by telling the press how difficult it is for our small club to hold onto our players. 

Managers man, they're all the same.

Guest firetotheworks

So why did we go on a little run of wins? I thought Pardew was getting the best that he possibly could out of them at that point?

Honestly, it's like you people have forgotten what good football is because you're used to him being here or something. We've been Newcastle fans to know good players from bad ones and this squad is better than most that we've had, the one that he managed to have finishing 16th was imo the best we've had since SBR and you think that he's getting the best out of them despite teams like Swansea and Southampton doing better by playing decent football.

Even if you genuinely believe that he's getting the best out of the squad, look at what he does with it. Mike Williamson and Steven Taylor as centre backs and loans out MYM to Roma, completely destroys our best player and ships him off to hull, sticks Gouffran on the wing as a left back, plays Sissoko as a right winger for 2 seasons, starts Shola, Gosling, Colback, Gouffran, Williamson, Jonas, Perch. Plays Cisse (who at that point had been scoring goals for fun) on the right wing to accommodate Ba, who he then pimped out to everyone and was sold. Undoing the 433 that got us to fifth. The mind boggling player selections, the even worse substitutions, the constant lies, the treatment of Jonas, the manipulation of his cancer to take the heat off a protest against him...I could go on and on and on, other managers aren't like him, that's why he needs to go. None of it is justified either, the outcome is shit football with no reward.

Make no mistake, it's the squad that you don't think can do any better that's saving his arse, it's nothing like the other way around. Regardless of who the players are he plays exactly the same way. Try abd keep it tight then nick a goal on the break or with a bit of magic. If that doesn't work we're generally fucked.

It staggers me that people can look at it and blame anyone but Pardew considering the buck stops with the manager and he has some of the worst managerial records of all nufc managers.

If you don't think it'll make any difference, then there should be no problem in trying.

My stock response for people that say changing manager wouldn't make any difference: no harm in trying then.

We think things might not get better without Pardew. We know they won't get better with him.

I'd take my chances tbh.

I can't see any chance at all of pardew going, why would he leave when he has it so easy here

Aye, the only reason I can think of is that he's a "Palace legend". As crazy as it sounds, he's loved down there.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51A7Dupl5GL.jpg

I can't see any chance at all of pardew going, why would he leave when he has it so easy here

Palace legend

In London

Slightly better support above him

Lower level so chance to be a 'hero' rather than hated

Call me biased, but I can't see why he wouldn't want to go.

But the King thinks he is so much better than managing Palace. When he was linked with them earlier in the year, I read a quote something along the lines of no disrespect to Palace but I would expect to move to a higher level job. Will have to find the quote but think he genuinely has his eye on the England job....

There would be no words if Palace came for him like, imagine the tension I n the period between the approach and the outcome :lol:

It'll be like being Blackburn fans in September 2004.