Crystal Palace manager

Mick

It is like these fans have forgotten why they followed football in the first place. What worries me, is the growing number of people who are thinking like this amongst our support.

I think the fact that clubs bankrolled to the tune of hundreds of millions have locked down the top spots has damaged everyone's view of what's possible in football.

Southampton are 4th.

And Everton went close last year and fucking Wigan won the FA Cup.

I had a dream last night that, purely for a laugh, Mike Ashley had sacked this shithead and installed HBA as manager.

That is all I have to say, but I just needed to share my despair when I found out it wasn't true.

There is no sporting ambition at the club at all.

Its a waste of a place in the league and cups.

It may as well just be a cinema there.

Facebook groups mostly haven't got a clue.

Nufc massively underachieves- on purpose.

It is like these fans have forgotten why they followed football in the first place. What worries me, is the growing number of people who are thinking like this amongst our support.

I think the fact that clubs bankrolled to the tune of hundreds of millions have locked down the top spots has damaged everyone's view of what's possible in football.

Southampton are 4th.

A month ago, we were 4th.

Ian's point is valid. It's harder to win things now than it ever has been.

Was that Facebook group Newcastle United Supporters Worldwide by any chance? I had to unlike that page man, it's full of fucking creeps who'd sooner suck Pardew's balls than say a bad word about him.

Newcastle United Supporters-Toon Army is the one. I dont even know why im apart of the fucking thing. Theres some decent folk on there but the maority are like I posted above, I give up at times. Some fans genuinely are holding this club back. What worries me is they;ll bring  a new generation in just like them and we'll have happy claping crowds for years to come.

Not heard a single peep in the media about the shit run we're currently on. Not a single criticism about it, it's almost as if losing 4/5 off the bounce isn't even newsworthy - everyone expects it and absolves him of any blame. It's what Pardew has done throughout his career, it's the norm.

Contrast that to the media furore when we actually won some consecutive games. Now that was newsworthy, that was the anomaly, that was the blip and that was news that made people take notice, it was a story. Listen folks, Pardew's won a few games, can you believe that? Not sure where I'm going with this but the inconsistency that good/bad results generate in the press boils my fucking piss.  :hmm:

The narrative around the good results was that the manager had turned it around and proved everyone wrong as well.  Back to normal and it doesn't apply the other way.

It's infuriating but it's a by-product of NUFC fans being told they shouldn't expect better, by everyone from representatives of the club to other fans to the media.

Lawro mentioned the bad run today on FF, only briefly tho.

I noticed on the bbc ticker thingy he criticised Pardew for his terrible tactics, said the team were too deep right from the start. Lawro for king says I!

Padrew coming 'back from the dead' was a good media angle.  Being pretty shit again isn't, they're just not interested.  The only quirky media angle they've run on about it is the little quip about it's the infamous "Manager of the Month curse". So again, mysterious forces completely out of his hands.