Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Cronky used to be a very good informed poster who now sadly seems to accept any old rubbish. I still respect the man's views though, even if I disgagree and actually can't fahthom half the time.

The way I see it, it's this forum that's changed, not me. The only acceptable view seems to be that Pardew is both fool and knave, and that anyone who doesn't realise this and want him out asap is daft or has been duped. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on here any more.

Believe that if you want, but it makes it very difficult to post on here if your view is different, even to quite a moderate extent.

You don't occupy the middle ground, though. Your posts consistently contrast with any sane person's definition of common sense.

Cronky used to be a very good informed poster who now sadly seems to accept any old rubbish. I still respect the man's views though, even if I disgagree and actually can't fahthom half the time.

The way I see it, it's this forum that's changed, not me. The only acceptable view seems to be that Pardew is both fool and knave, and that anyone who doesn't realise this and want him out asap is daft or has been duped. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground on here any more.

Believe that if you want, but it makes it very difficult to post on here if your view is different, even to quite a moderate extent.

You don't occupy the middle ground, though. Your posts consistently contrast with any sane person's definition of common sense.

Just made the mistake of commenting on a facebook post on a Newcastle group slamming Pardew, got me really wound up now. Had such comments returned to me in defense of the man -

''Ashly ain't gonna sack so it's pointless debate, n despite this record we've been top half of the league for the majority of the last 12 months''

''I'm not saying Pardew isn't responsible partly at least. He may be mostly, not at all, just slightly, that's up to personal interpretation. But he is in no way solely responsible. Players, coaches, directors, Mike Ashley, fans, the list goes on. You may have forgotten we went on a great run including beating Chelsea (no one else has done that) only a few weeks ago. What's probably the main reasons we've lost the last few? Simple, injuries and the fact that we've played teams that are better than us''

''Don't know how many times this needs to b said but why do ppl really think we are? We are a midtable club 6th to 10th, no more than that, if there was no ambition we would sign a lot worse calibre of player than we do already, when u start supporting a club it's for life n it's through what ever situation the club is in that means if your winning the league u support it if your fighting relegation in the conference you support it''

''To say Pardew has taken us nowhere is unfair. We're now a solid top half team. Before we got relegated we were finishing 15th, 16th''

''We are top half of one the most competitive leagues in the world, with the vast majority of all clubs in the country below us. Most other clubs in every league below us would kill to be in our position......an established premier league side. Those who can't see this as a huge privilege, and bitch and whine constantly, sadden me''

Awful awful stuff and I genuinely think the majority feel as above inside SJP. The last comment is a personal highlight, a huge privilege to be 10th and going nowhere? Fucking hell.

It really is unbelievable.

That bloody Chelsea result has really backfired as well, so many people saying he cant be shit, we beat Chelsea, no one else has done that. Literally loads of people sticking to that. Doesnt matter about the rest of the year obv, we beat Chelsea so all is good. Such small time bollocks.

I think the main problem is the whole 'Soopa fan' attitude. Support the team no matter what, pay blindly week in week out so our attendances stay respectable.

Some really need to wake the fuck up! But unfortunately they won't. Club is a joke.

I must admit that I don't believe the fans can realistically change anything, they'll just never take action in big enough numbers or for a long enough time. More likely we'll just die slowly from declining passion and interest. I find it hard to blame people for still supporting the team.

I hate that - when lower league fans say they'd love to be in our position, so stop complaining. It's all in proportion.

When Man Utd finished 7th their fans were rightfully pissed off at Moyes. Loads of teams would love to be 7th in the Premier League but it doesn't mean he was doing a good job and doesn't mean their fans have to accept it.

I must admit that I don't believe the fans can realistically change anything, they'll just never take action in big enough numbers or for a long enough time. More likely we'll just die slowly from declining passion and interest. I find it hard to blame people for still supporting the team.

They absolutely can, but they won't and that's the problem. Ashley treated keegan like a hell end, kevin Keegan, and still people buy his shit merchandise, and financially support him. It's make a great psychological study, submissive compliance borne out of some sort of arbitrary sense of "loyalty".

I know they could in theory, I just don't think its realistically going to happen.

Just made the mistake of commenting on a facebook post on a Newcastle group slamming Pardew, got me really wound up now. Had such comments returned to me in defense of the man -

''Ashly ain't gonna sack so it's pointless debate, n despite this record we've been top half of the league for the majority of the last 12 months''

''I'm not saying Pardew isn't responsible partly at least. He may be mostly, not at all, just slightly, that's up to personal interpretation. But he is in no way solely responsible. Players, coaches, directors, Mike Ashley, fans, the list goes on. You may have forgotten we went on a great run including beating Chelsea (no one else has done that) only a few weeks ago. What's probably the main reasons we've lost the last few? Simple, injuries and the fact that we've played teams that are better than us''

''Don't know how many times this needs to b said but why do ppl really think we are? We are a midtable club 6th to 10th, no more than that, if there was no ambition we would sign a lot worse calibre of player than we do already, when u start supporting a club it's for life n it's through what ever situation the club is in that means if your winning the league u support it if your fighting relegation in the conference you support it''

''To say Pardew has taken us nowhere is unfair. We're now a solid top half team. Before we got relegated we were finishing 15th, 16th''

''We are top half of one the most competitive leagues in the world, with the vast majority of all clubs in the country below us. Most other clubs in every league below us would kill to be in our position......an established premier league side. Those who can't see this as a huge privilege, and bitch and whine constantly, sadden me''

Awful awful stuff and I genuinely think the majority feel as above inside SJP. The last comment is a personal highlight, a huge privilege to be 10th and going nowhere? Fucking hell.

Utterly aghast, man. I just don't know wtf to think or say after seeing stuff like that. Is football genuinely fucked, like?

It's people like that who make me want to jack it all in. Yes, obviously, the catalysts are Ashley and Pardew in or personal circumstances, but those comments are from people who've given up on success, regardless of the context of our own club. They've completely indoctrinated themselves to the hype of the idea that only certain clubs are allowed success.

I wouldn't mind finishing mid table that much in itself, it's the not trying that gets you.

:anguish:

What's the face for?

The willingness to settle for a seat on the gravy train and nothing more.

I didn't gauge that from what Ian said to be fair. I'm the same, I don't mind us finishing midtable but I'd like to see a bit more effort and ambition on the pitch.

I wouldn't mind finishing mid table that much in itself, it's the not trying that gets you.

It's criminal for a club of this size, with the money and the reach, to not be competing at least for European places every season.

It's criminal for any club that has made it into the top flight. The entire concept of competitive sport is to be the very best you can, not to merely take part and accept the participation money.

It's criminal for a club of this size, with the money and the reach, to not be competing at least for European places every season.

It's criminal for any club that has made it into the top flight. The entire concept of competitive sport is to be the very best you can, not to merely take part and accept the participation money.

This is precisely what I'm on about. So many people have just lost sight of the definition of sport. I can barely understand it. It must be the media.

Whether it's achievable or not, a team should enter every competition with the intention of trying to win it.

We enter three competitions every year and our aim is to finish 8th best in one, and to get out as soon as possible in the other two :lol:

Whether it's achievable or not, a team should enter every competition with the intention of trying to win it.

We enter three competitions every year and our aim is to finish 8th best in one, and to get out as soon as possible in the other two :lol:

Exactly if not why bother at all?

It is like these fans have forgotten why they followed football in the first place. What worries me, is the growing number of people who are thinking like this amongst our support.

I think the fact that clubs bankrolled to the tune of hundreds of millions have locked down the top spots has damaged everyone's view of what's possible in football.

It is like these fans have forgotten why they followed football in the first place. What worries me, is the growing number of people who are thinking like this amongst our support.

I think the fact that clubs bankrolled to the tune of hundreds of millions have locked down the top spots has damaged everyone's view of what's possible in football.

Southampton are 4th.

That and the media, who can't wait to tell everyone who is going to win, that everyone else stands no chance whatsoever, and that the best players can't possibly be anywhere but one of the handful of winning clubs, who most of the time don't even need them.

The pathetic thing is how many people just accept it without question, and asking why your club can't achieve something attracts nothing but funny looks and accusations of delusion.