Crystal Palace manager

Mick

You can check the actual stats by going into detailed > total > category: aerial

You can check everyone's response by looking into the mirror > response > all: shut the f*** up

:lol:

Yes, Alan Pardew is a liar. We get it. And even then he mentioned the infamous 6'4ers and we got MYM. If he said he was unhappy with the squad we would all bemoan the negativity.

do you disagree with the post? I continue to make valid points and you move the goalposts of the discussion.

Not really moving any goalposts. There was never any explanation for why MYM was dropped and shipped out so suddenly. In the handful of appearances he made for us, he had more standout performances than Williamson had had in his entire career. He was also better than Coloccini, whom he was bought to replace. The stat about winning headers means nowt in the grand context.

Yes Pardew is a shifty snake, and a liar, and isn't fit to manage a football club that means so much to so many. But don't make him out to be some sort of deep thinker for getting shot of MYM because of some stand-alone stat. We could all see MYM's weaknesses, but could also see that he was an immense defender overall, and miles better than Williamson. Don't use the stat as a reason for why he was hooked, when the bloke excelled in so many other areas of the game. He was sold because Pardew was out of his depth and couldn't keep a happy squad. Nowt more, nowt less.

Yes, Alan Pardew is a liar. We get it. And even then he mentioned the infamous 6'4ers and we got MYM. If he said he was unhappy with the squad we would all bemoan the negativity.

do you disagree with the post? I continue to make valid points and you move the goalposts of the discussion.

Not really moving any goalposts. There was never any explanation for why MYM was dropped and shipped out so suddenly. In the handful of appearances he made for us, he had more standout performances than Williamson had had in his entire career. He was also better than Coloccini, whom he was bought to replace. The stat about winning headers means nowt in the grand context.

The bolded is not true at all. Honestly, Dummett was more impressive at CB than MYM. I could see MYM was a very good footballer but a good defender? Not sold at all. At least in the PL. He seemed not to like the physicality, he hinted at that himself

There's no deep-thinking. He was brought in to replace our captain, the captain didn't leave so the replacement did. It's that simple. The Colo/MYM partnership was awful the few times they played together.

The bolded is not true at all. Honestly, Dummett was more impressive at CB than MYM. I could see MYM was a very good footballer but a good defender? Not sold at all. At least in the PL. He seemed not to like the physicality, he hinted at that himself

There's no deep-thinking. He was brought in to replace our captain, the captain didn't leave so the replacement did. It's that simple. The Colo/MYM partnership was awful the few times they played together.

MYM not suited to the PL, but Williamson is?

MYM was shifted to right back as soon as Coloccini was fit, and then to the bench when Debuchy was back despite performing well. I have absolutely no doubt that under a different manager he would have become a very good PL centre half.

Also, I seem to remember an away Europa league game when they were together (Colo and MYM) and they were fine. It definitely would not have worked long term but they definitely were not terrible in every game they played together by all means. There was probably only a handful.

Yes Pardew is a shifty snake, and a liar, and isn't fit to manage a football club that means so much to so many. But don't make him out to be some sort of deep thinker for getting shot of MYM because of some stand-alone stat. We could all see MYM's weaknesses, but could also see that he was an immense defender overall, and miles better than Williamson. Don't use the stat as a reason for why he was hooked, when the bloke excelled in so many other areas of the game. He was sold because Pardew was out of his depth and couldn't keep a happy squad. Nowt more, nowt less.

I don't want to get into a pointless argument about Pardew and whether or not Mapou could do this or that, but how many "standout performances" did MYM have for us? People often mention the Spurs game because of his clearance, but we should have lost that game by 5!

MYM was shifted to right back as soon as Coloccini was fit, and then to the bench when Debuchy was back despite performing well. I have absolutely no doubt that under a different manager he would have become a very good PL centre half.

Also, I seem to remember an away Europa league game when they were together (Colo and MYM) and they were fine. It definitely would not have worked long term but they definitely were not terrible in every game they played together by all means. There was probably only a handful.

Key word there - Europa League. Awful each time out in the league.

Literally had 4 "solid" games alongside Willo the awful, where we kept cleansheets. INcluding the Spurs game where it rained shots.

Shots from range while we defended pretty well IIRC

Thing that may have been slightly overlook here is that Yanga-Mbiwa deserved to retain his place after those 4 solid games.  Yet he was dropped for Colo.  And say what you like about the number of stinkers Yanga had during his time with us, he had a few, it's not as if Colo has shone in that time and since.  IMO an ideal scenario would have been for Mapou to continue in the side for as long as he performed and  from then on taken as many opportunities in the first team as possible, rotating with Colo.  We lost a player of real pedigree, a player who went on to play CL football for Roma.  Pardew has to take some of the blame for that, along with plenty of the blame for the demise of our other famous French starlet.

Literally had 4 "solid" games alongside Willo the awful, where we kept cleansheets. INcluding the Spurs game where it rained shots.

Shots from range while we defended pretty well IIRC

Not sure if serious.

Aye just watched highlights. It was mostly long shots but they did have some very good chances tbf, definitely should have won. Didn't see much to blame either centre half for though. Gouffran actually got a really nice assist in that game. That was November 2013 so I think its fair to say that's the last good thing he did for us