Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I tell you what.  I'd encourage people here to do the league predictor thing if they have a bit of time on their hands.  I'm up to game 19 and I have us on 11 points with a goal difference of -30.  Unless we get some big unexpected wins, we will be going nowhere but down.  I'll post up my final table when I'm done if I can.  I've included our customary 0-3 home loss to Sunderland.

Woke up today knowing certainly he'll be gone. Then I saw the headlines. I really don't know what to think. How did Ashley become so rich making such horrendous decisions about his own businesses? Not sacking Pardew now means relegation :(

Even on a personal level though, In any other business where a senior management figure was being subjected to such pressure & calls for their head, there would be either public backing or dismissal. Pardue must be (if he isn't already) on the verge of becoming very ill with all this going on & no matter what my feelings on him as a manager, I wouldn't wish death on the bloke.

Maybe that is Ashleys secret plan? Why sack him when you can kill him 

Of course Ashley cares about getting relegated man.

The reason above all else he continues to own us is because we are a premier league club which is a great advertisement for his crappy shops.

If we get relegated that all disappears, so does the ridiculous TV money which allows him to spend fuck all. At the moment we are one win from safety so he's not shitting it yet but it won't be long till it does.

Even on a personal level though, In any other business where a senior management figure was being subjected to such pressure & calls for their head, there would be either public backing or dismissal. Pardue must be (if he isn't already) on the verge of becoming very ill with all this going on & no matter what my feelings on him as a manager, I wouldn't wish death on the bloke.

Maybe that is Ashleys secret plan? Why sack him when you can kill him 

Ashley is definitely of the "if he dies, he dies" mentality. I don't know his game.

Of course Ashley cares about getting relegated man.

The reason above all else he continues to own us is because we are a premier league club which is a great advertisement for his crappy shops.

If we get relegated that all disappears, so does the ridiculous TV money which allows him to spend f*** all. At the moment we are one win from safety so he's not shitting it yet but it won't be long till it does.

Disagree he done exactly the same thing with his stupid senseless decisions in the 2008-09 season and look where that ended. Bloke either just doesn't give a shit or is just totally clueless about football - either way there is serious serious problems and this team will struggle to score goals and not concede with the players in those positions until big bucks needing to be spent in January. This bloke should have been sacked two year ago and the longer it goes on the near certainty of relegation will get closer. A new manager will get more points on the board to keep us in the running but if the money is not spent in January this team is going down.

This is the guy who appointed Kinnear, would not sack him until he almost dropped dead, said the job was waiting for him if he wanted to come back after relegation, and then brought him back to the club as dof years later.

Ashley is a disgusting combination of pig headed and fiercely loyal to his mates.

Pardew will never be sacked for results. The only thing that can get him out is some sort of personal falling out with Ashley.

Wise, Kinnear and Llambias were all mates with Ashley but ultimately they got the boot. Pardew is incapable of keeping us clear of relegation trouble so he WILL be sacked before Christmas. Probably this month at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear just decided to pack it in because of his health and Llambias left because he disagreed with Ashley on how to run the club.

Don't really remember the circumstances behind Wise's departure.

Was announced hours before Shearer was announced interim manager in the relegation season.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-set-talks-over-7855420

Alan Pardew is preparing to take charge of Newcastle United for this weekend’s game with Swansea City.

The Toon boss is set to hold talks with Mike Ashley this week over his future.

But United aren’t likely to make any knee-jerk reaction to the 1-0 loss against Stoke City last night.

Knee jerk reaction :lol:

This is the guy who appointed Kinnear, would not sack him until he almost dropped dead, said the job was waiting for him if he wanted to come back after relegation, and then brought him back to the club as dof years later.

Ashley is a disgusting combination of pig headed and fiercely loyal to his mates.

Pardew will never be sacked for results. The only thing that can get him out is some sort of personal falling out with Ashley.

Wise, Kinnear and Llambias were all mates with Ashley but ultimately they got the boot. Pardew is incapable of keeping us clear of relegation trouble so he WILL be sacked before Christmas. Probably this month at some point.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kinnear just decided to pack it in because of his health and Llambias left because he disagreed with Ashley on how to run the club.

Don't really remember the circumstances behind Wise's departure.

Was announced hours before Shearer was announced interim manager in the relegation season.

I guess it was one of Shearer's conditions for taking the job?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-set-talks-over-7855420

Alan Pardew is preparing to take charge of Newcastle United for this weekend’s game with Swansea City.

But United aren’t likely to make any knee-jerk reaction to the 1-0 loss against Stoke City last night.

That has to be a joke.

“Stoke defend very, very well. They get their midfield in tight to their back four. And make it very difficult for you.

“We didn’t get the answer tonight.”

And asked what the answers actually were he went on: “We just need a little bit of something in that final area.“Somebody that will take someone on to beat someone to create the moment.

This guy is just unbelievable.

Knee jerk  :lol:.  Have they even looked at his form?  His 38 game season length form is horrideous.  I don't know how he keeps getting away with it.

I did the league predictor, based on Pardew still being here and I have us staying up just.  I tried to be very honest.  I included some absolutely hammerings we'll take, wasn't optimistic and gave us the customary double defeat to Sunderland.  I gave us some wins against terrible sides but not many.  Somehow though that wasn't enough for us to be down on my predictions, basically because the league is so terrible.  Somehow the slimey fucker is going to survive this and he'll be fist pumping as he survives and tells us it'll be okay after another window.  I have us finishing 16th on 33 points, with us being in the relegation zone all the way to the final few games.  So the future is pretty bleak however it goes as far as I can see.  If things change it can brighten, but it looks like Ashley is perfectly content to risk it. In my predictions Crystal Palace, Burnley and QPR go down.  Obviously predictions are pretty meaningless, but it's just as far as I look down the road, I don't see a way out of this relegation battle.  I'm only surprised my predictions had us escaping.

When Hughton got sacked it wasn't an instant action in that there came a point where Ashley went to Pardew behind Hughton's back.

Trying to be optimistic, the same could be happening again, although I'm not a big fan of that approach as many managers worth anything would not go behind another fellow pros back.

Suspect Ashley considers Keegan resigning and difficulty in finding a replacement as a reason for the last relegation.

When Hughton got sacked it wasn't an instant action in that there came a point where Ashley went to Pardew behind Hughton's back.

Trying to be optimistic, the same could be happening again, although I'm not a big fan of that approach as many managers worth anything would not go behind another fellow pros back.

Suspect Ashley considers Keegan resigning and difficulty in finding a replacement as a reason for the last relegation.

The problem with this theory, ie Ashley wanting to sack him but waiting till the time is right to get an immediate replacement, is that its so obvious to anyone that having no manager would be better than having Pardew. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Ashley is happy to see us being shit, I think 17th would do him fine each and every year.