Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest Roger Kint

“We’ve always maintained that we will watch the window until the last hours. We’ve done some terrific business and I think it must be exciting for Newcastle fans that we’ve got some terrific, offensive players.

“I feel much more comfortable with the team and we can play a brand of football which is expected of us. I think we could really trouble teams this season, which is something we didn’t do in the second half of last season.”

“The problem with the Premier League is that if you play the same team week in, week out against the top teams, you won’t ever gain an advantage.

“We have to be fluid and sometimes change, but we need the options to change. Late last year, and in the Europa League year, I didn’t have those offensive options.”

“We have a strong squad, perhaps the biggest and best I’ve ever had in terms of options so we’re in a great position.”

'something will fall our way'

:slowclap:

Guest Gino14

The man has been utterly clueless and is more out of touch than some dinosaurs we're worried might get appointed his replacements.  We have wingers or attacking creative players who can play there.  Instead he deploys a hard working striker to track back on one wing, a central midfielder on the other wing and then plays our only high priced creative forward type in the middle.  The man is just an utter lemon.

Gouffran will never ever be a winger, especially not on the left, because he can't ever get down the line.  The defenders know he will cut in, so they deal with him easily.  It's predictable and it has needed changing for over a year now.

Sissoko is another one who, although he can play on the wing, he isn't great there.  He doesn't have the trickery and dribbling ability.  His charging runs would be much better deployed through the middle.

Cabella has looked awful so far, but he's just too light weight to be in the centre at the moment.  He is actually the guy who could go down the line or cut in from the wings.  He's the guy with the bit of flair to play there, but he isn't.

Basically all the players are playing out of position in that three.  It's even debatable if Colback can really play where he is.  He's a central midfielder, but not necessarily a sitting one like Tiote.  I'd also question the merits of two defensive midfielders when we're at home against the weaker teams.  We need to be taking pressure off our defense by attacking, something that it's clear as day the players are never coached.

I'd love to see just Tiote covering the defense deep, being used to play it simple, with Anita and Sissoko as a two pressing further up.  Then use the wingers to attack and really pressure other teams from the front.  That way we'd actually have some support for our striker.  It might leave us vulnerable, but we might actually score a few goals and make teams worried about us for a change.  The way Pardew talks about football, you'd think it's all just keep it tight, boot it up and hope the ball falls your way.  You won't even see that level of shit at most pub team games anymore.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  1m1 minute ago

AP: "Our fans want to see us play a brand of football that we can't quite put together right now. We're trying to  do it and have quality."

1 minute ago

AP: "We are trying to help the team and find a solution to get the team playing to its quality. We are very focussed on Saturday." #nufc

AP: "It is about fighting and digging in at the moment as a team, and if we do that then something will fall our way." #nufc

:spit:

Brand of football? We certainly have the players capable of that brand you plonker. Even the likes of Leicester can manage it moreso than we do, and they just came up for goodness sake!

Guest firetotheworks

I quite like how there's no discussion that goes on anymore. It's essentially just a place to come and laugh at someone. It's what it should have been a couple of years ago and for only a short period of time.

Guest Roger Kint

Rod Fraser ‏@TheRaw_D 1 min1 minute ago

Excellent source telling me that AP may well resign if #NUFC lose to Swansea. Comp package currently being negotiated

:yao:

Guest Roger Kint

Excellent source telling me that AP may well resign if #NUFC lose to Swansea. Comp package currently being negotiated

It better be a most excellent source.

His response to someone telling him there wouldnt be compensation if he resigned: 'Its not a normal club' :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

He gets compensation if he resigns?

Would probably be an agreed termination rather than a resignation.

I think everyone would agree on termination tbf

Wouldn't believe it unless said source was Ashley himself, and even then...

Wouldn't believe it unless said source was Ashley himself, and even then...

Ashley said he was done if we lost to Stoke ffs. :lol: I'd trust any clown on Twitter over Ashley right now.