Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

Makes me laugh seeing people moan about his formation, like changing that would make the slightest difference at this point. The whole thing is irreparably broken.

Love how the 4-3-3 argument is creeping back in again. Ah for the days when that was all I used to moan about.

Quite. :lol:

The halcyon days of early 12/13 where everything about his decisions culminated in everything that's bad actually just being about him as a manager and as a person.

Guest firetotheworks

It wasn't bollocks like, the fact that he never played that formation again was bollocks, but the formation and the way that we played in those 6 games was the way that it should have continued. Pardew is the reason that it never happened again, which makes him bollocks, not the formation.

It wasn't bollocks like, the fact that he never played that formation again was bollocks, but the formation and the way that we played in those 6 games was the way that it should have continued. Pardew is the reason that it never happened again, which makes him bollocks, not the formation.

All the talk of it potentially happening was bollocks.

A formation change may not reap rewards but it's something. At least it shows he's not actively trying to lose.

Changing formation / tactics and different mix of players would be better than keeping the same set of losers in the same losing formation with the same loser tactics. He hasn't even once tried to play 2 up or attack with width in a 4-3-3. It really is as if he wants to lose every game

Guest firetotheworks

Oh aye, completely. Probably wishful thinking in the main though. It seemed so obvious and it was so obvious to anyone that wasn't au fait with the insanity of Pardew. Most of us weren't at that stage, but it didn't take long.

Oh aye, completely. Probably wishful thinking in the main though. It seemed so obvious and it was so obvious to anyone that wasn't au fait with the insanity of Pardew. Most of us weren't at that stage, but it didn't take long.

I'd love to see him try it now due to how disgustingly bad it would be with the players we have :love:

will stick with riviere alone up front.

if we keep losing he'll get sacked and paid off. he doesnt want another striker coming in and doing well as it'll mean he wont get a new one in january if he remarkably is still in the job by then.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd love to see him try it now due to how disgustingly bad it would be with the players we have :love:

It would be an absolutely pointless exercise now like. :lol: He had Cabaye, Anita, Tiote, Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba and then Remy at his disposal and he did...that.

I don't think the problem is necessarily with the formation but the way the players are deployed within that formation.  In a normal 4-2-3-1, as we supposedly play, the 3 will be primarily attacking players looking to trouble the opposition.  Our bastardised version is basically a 4-5-1 with defensive wide midfielders and 2 players sitting deep to cover.  The striker is isolated and even when he can make the ball stick there's no support as the midfield are getting behind the ball.

9 players out of 11 whose main focus is to defend.

I remember defending him for the first two games of 12/13 when we went 4-4-2 against Spurs and Chelsea and I gave him far too much credit and said that nobody on Earth would be stupid enough to dump the 4-3-3 of the previous season, and that once those two games were gone, we'd be back to it. Then I turned up against Aston Villa at home and realised immediately on seeing the players line up that something had gone very badly wrong in the man's mind.

A formation change may not reap rewards but it's something. At least it shows he's not actively trying to lose.

Changing formation / tactics and different mix of players would be better than keeping the same set of losers in the same losing formation with the same loser tactics. He hasn't even once tried to play 2 up or attack with width in a 4-3-3. It really is as if he wants to lose every game

I heard (I knew a few people behind the scenes) that Pardew was going with two up front at Stoke. That was on the Sunday. The sort of info I get on this is usually 99% bang on. Therefore, my only theory is that he deemed Cisse not fit enough to start or he bottled it.

That makes it even more crazy - why could he not have brought Cisse on at 1-0 alongside Riviere to switch to 4-4-2 at half-time, or even, god forbid, dropped one of his blue chip players and played with Ayoze or Armstrong first half? The whole time he has been here he has shoe-horned his favourite 11 into a formation which doesn't work (Cisse/Ba, Sissoko out wide etc) instead of finding a system and slotting players in, even if that means dropping a big name for someone more suited to play the role in the system.

The man's an incompetent charlatan.

I heard (I knew a few people behind the scenes) that Pardew was going with two up front at Stoke. That was on the Sunday. The sort of info I get on this is usually 99% bang on. Therefore, my only theory is that he deemed Cisse not fit enough to start or he bottled it.

That makes it even more crazy - why could he not have brought Cisse on at 1-0 alongside Riviere to switch to 4-4-2 at half-time, or even, god forbid, dropped one of his blue chip players and played with Ayoze or Armstrong first half? The whole time he has been here he has shoe-horned his favourite 11 into a formation which doesn't work (Cisse/Ba, Sissoko out wide etc) instead of finding a system and slotting players in, even if that means dropping a big name for someone more suited to play the role in the system.

The man's an incompetent charlatan.

What do those people behind the scenes think about the chances of him being sacked?

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFC  1m1 minute ago

AP: "Our fans want to see us play a brand of football that we can't quite put together right now. We're trying to  do it and have quality."  JUst trying to play football would be a start.

1 minute ago

AP: "We are trying to help the team and find a solution to get the team playing to its quality. We are very focussed on Saturday." #nufc - No you aren't it will be the same defence minded team which has trained on stopping the other team playing, and still get thumped.

AP: "It is about fighting and digging in at the moment as a team, and if we do that then something will fall our way." #nufc

Its all about luck.

Guest Roger Kint

It's as if "wanting our team to win a game" is an unrealistic expectation.

:lol: Those unrealist fans demanding us to attack now and then. At least Alans brand of defensive football is working in the meantime though :thup:

AP: "It is about fighting and digging in at the moment as a team, and if we do that then something will fall our way." #nufc

This is Alan Pardew, contained in a neat little package.

FIGHT fight fight and try really really hard and then with a bit of luck, maybe hopefully possibly the saint lord jesus h christ of nazareth will allow the ball will go into the net  #tactics