Crystal Palace manager

Mick

It's ridiculous how out of touch Lowes and Ando are now. I used to think they were reliable enough and weren't afraid to tell it like it is (how wrong was I?). They must be getting money from the club somewhere to be licking their arse so much.

Still haven't worked out why he hasn't walked. What kind of top manager in the most famous league in the world is willing to put himself through such indignity, abuse and hate from his own fans?

Didn't Keegan have a clause where if he walked (without reason!) then he owed the fat w***** £2 million?

There's not a court in the land who would say Pardew has no reason to walk. :lol:

What is this based on?

I go to work every day and everybody hates me.  Strangers shout abuse at me for hours at a time.  There's a website dedicated to me losing my job and i'm pilloried and harassed by the media on a daily basis.  My boss keeps saying he's going to fire me and then doesn't cos he's secretly enjoying seeing me suffer and once he even made his pisshead old drinking buddy my superior for a laugh.  My entire staff consists of dropouts from the special school and I haven't slept in 3 weeks.

fucking brilliant!!! O0

Guest Gino14

Ashley's slip up/joke in the media is almost enough to build a constructive dismissal case on alone.  I mean imagine increasing the pressure and making a national joke of one of your own employees who is already under immense pressure.  I'm not sure it'd be quite enough, but it'd be a start with everything else going on.  Then put in place things like not having control, lacking input into transfers when your title is 'manager' and having people put in above you from nowhere to control part of your job.  It would be a bit of a battle of the lawyers but Pardew would definitely have a case and would likely get some kind of settlement.

His comments in full (from .com):

"I’m very fortunate to have an owner that can see we are fighting for the club.

"The fans are angry and want to see their team win. They don’t want to see us lose any more. We have a team that’s not quite functioning as we would like but there is nowhere to hide.

"It’s like a boxing ring – there is nowhere to hide. People keep asking me are you going to come back? What are you going to do? Are you going to stay on the line?

"Well I’m not going to hide and I don’t expect my players to hide. It’s about digging in at this point and we need to do it as a team. If we can show that, something will fall our way.

"Well it's always a difficult scenario, particularly for family and friends. For me, I'm a manager that's kind of thick skinned - I don't ignore it.

"It doesn't not penetrate me - of course it does, but I'm resilient to it and It makes me want to prove people wrong and I need to win games.

"It's quite simple really, when all is said and done and therefore after the game it becomes difficult because if we haven't won and it'll be difficult again after Swansea.

"But as I say, the most important thing is that i'm putting the fight in the players and they're showing the fight on the pitch.

"And I don't think anyone who watched the Stoke game will say there wasn't fight in that team.

"Yes, maybe a bit of quality and a bit more flamboyance in the team - a few more chances created for sure, but there's the fight and we need to carry that to every game between now and the end of the season.

"I've had 'one game to go', 'two games to go' almost from the start of the season I have to just just ignore them sort of thoughts.

“I spoke to the chief executive (presumably Managing Director, Lee Charnley). We discussed ways of trying to help the team. Ways of trying to find a solution to try and get this team playing to its capacity.

"There’s really not much else to say today really. We are very focused on the game on Saturday and we want to win. We’ve focused very much this week on the mental side of the game and setbacks.

“The goal we conceded against Stoke perhaps shouldn’t have been conceded but it was. And then we’ve focused on responses on the pitch. You respond to different criteria when you are under the pressure we are under. Media spotlight for example... you won’t leave us alone.

"This is a team that is quite young. It hasn’t got the experience, certainly not the experience of the side that got relegated three or four years ago before my time. So we need to not ignore that and learn from those lessons.

"I believe in these players. I believe in this team and the staff I have around me to turn it around. The most important thing is we need to get a win.”

---------

So lemme get this straight... he's now open to suggestions and tactics from Charnley? What is the purpose of these meetings?

And in regards to the flamboyance part (can't believe he used that word), erm, once again, Hatem Ben Arfa.

Nobby trying desperately to figure out what our tactics actually are:

I tried to work out the way he is trying to play at the moment during the Stoke game but it’s difficult to understand what he’s trying to do.

What I am seeing is the ball going to the centre-backs then as soon as they are under pressure they hit the ball straight to the striker.

They are bypassing the midfield and the widemen a bit at the moment. So I can only see him changing personnel and not the way they play. I think the formation will stay the same as the last few games.

At the end of the day, though, it is difficult when your players don’t have the confidence and this team is unbalanced.

For example, I don’t know what position is the best for Moussa Sissoko. Is he playing as a right winger or behind the strikers at the minute? It’s hard to see.

Sissoko didn’t show much discipline in terms of his position at Stoke.

But then nobody did – players were changing and running all over the place. It changed so much.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/alan-pardew-needs-change-tactics-7874384?

Guest antz1uk

what the flying fuck can the chief exec do to help the team play better? bring the oranges out at half fucking time! god he's a bastard twat, i hate him n i hope i never bump into him

Guest antz1uk

Pardew's contract will be watertight as far as the transfer policy is concerned. He knew the terms when he signed up. There'll be no case for constructive dismissal this time.

he's got no chance of making a case, just look at his results, he's the luckiest man in football to still be in a job

what the flying fuck can the chief exec do to help the team play better? bring the oranges out at half fucking time! god he's a bastard twat, i hate him n i hope i never bump into him

That's what I don't understand, why even mention the meeting if all you're going to say is you discussed how to get the team playing better? How does the info help anyone, let alone Pardew himself? Aside from making his own position look weak, meaning he has to explain to his bosses constantly what his next tactical move is going to be.

AP: "Lee, I is a bit stuck getting the team to play good again. I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas."

LC: "Did you see that shirt Mr Mike had on at Stoke next to me, cor he's the best ain't he? Bet he has some great ideas on all things"

AP: "Lee, I is a bit stuck getting the team to play good again. I've tried nothing and I'm all out of ideas."

LC: "Did you see that shirt Mr Mike had on at Stoke next to me, cor he's the best ain't he? Bet he has some great ideas on all things"

Dear Leader.  Really wish Kim Jung Un was the owner.  At least he'd convince us that we have won the league ever year since 1892.

Think Ashley's quite prepared to give as much rope as he needs to finish the job off. He knows he's not turning this around, every cunt does, but he's prepared to see him publically humiliated and do such a bad job that he ensures he'll never work in the top 2 flights ever again.

decent write-up

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/newcastle-united/361/blog/post/2067881/fans-are-revolting-against-alan-pardew-as-embattled-newcastle-prepare-to-face-Swansea

After yet another week of on- and off-field turmoil, Newcastle head to Wales in search of their first league win of the season with an embattled manager whose reputation cannot be rebuilt in the eyes of fans even by public relations expert Keith Bishop, whose links to owner Mike Ashley have been in the news.

As former Tottenham manager David Pleat said on BBC radio ahead of the recent game vs. Hull, Alan Pardew is at the point of no return with the Tyneside public. Even if his side goes on to win its next two or three games, he will be back to square one as soon as the next defeat takes place.

The manager did little to improve fans' opinions in his prematch news conference. Just before the season kicked off, he commented: "I feel much more comfortable with the team, and we can play a brand of football which is expected of us." Six games later this has changed to "our fans want to see us play a brand of football that we can't quite put together right now."

To be honest, Alan, I think the fans would like to win a football match, regardless of your "brand." It is not their fault. "We are very focussed on Saturday," Pardew continued. I'm delighted to hear that, but surely it goes without saying.

Even when he attempts to be positive, it comes out negatively: "It is about fighting and digging in at the moment as a team, and if we do that, something will fall our way." There is no confidence that his work on the training ground this week will help to improve on Newcastle's dire record of five wins from their last 25 games. No, he hopes they get lucky.

"It is my duty and job to come up with solutions when things aren't working," added Pardew. In truth, things haven't been working for the whole of 2014, yet the manager has still failed to even attempt to find a solution. His predictable lineup and tactics play into opposition hands just about every week.

Will there be much needed changes for Swansea? Pardew says "we'll have to wait and see" but there have to be. For a starter, and this won't be universally popular, it is beyond time that the league's third-worst defence is shaken up. Mike Williamson is not cut out for this level and, although far from ideal, I'd start Steven Taylor ahead of him on Saturday -- although Fabricio Coloccini has been equally as culpable.

And here are words I never ever thought I'd write -- Gabriel Obertan has probably earned a start. Against Hull and again vs. Stoke on Monday night he livened up Newcastle's static performance. He is prepared to be direct and has pace whilst his teammates have looked largely disinterested. We all know the Frenchman's limitations but those ahead of him have been tried and have failed.

Pardew has always been reluctant to utilise the youth talent available to him. For example, another four reserve team goals from Ayoze Pérez should have earned him some playing time and I'd also like to see Adam Armstrong and Mehdi Abeid given more first team action.

Most of all, though not that it will happen, Pardew must ditch his ultra-negative, one-up-top tactics. They're appalling and poor old Emanuel Riviere has no chance. Last season Newcastle went to Swansea on the back of four consecutive victories, playing offensive football. Scared of Swansea's neat passing game, though, Pardew reverted to type and sat back. Newcastle were hammered 3-0.

Many thought he would be gone after Newcastle's latest defeat and it made for very uncomfortable viewing watching him fight back the tears when heading towards the tunnel. But no one is forcing him to be there and no one other than Ashley can be entirely certain as to why he hasn't been sacked.

Is it in the vain hope that his man can turn it around so he can say "I told you so" or is it because he doesn't want to stump up the compensation that Pardew's ludicrously long contact will demand?

Either way, Ashley is once again gambling with the future of a football club close to the heart of hundreds of thousands of people. If he loses again, as he did last time, and Newcastle are relegated -- what is it to him? He is worth billions of pounds regardless.

If Newcastle lose again on Saturday and there is no new manager in place by the time Leicester visit St. James' Park on October 18, I dread to think what reception will await the owner and manager.