Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Things Pardew does well:

- Generally has the team set up in a solid shape.

- Has managed to not get us relegated.

- Has the backing of the players, for whatever reason.

- Creates a good team spirit.

Problems outside of Pardew's control:

- Kinnear being brought in and not signing anyone.

- The selling policy of the club.

Things Pardew has done to exacerbate those problems:

- Not doing a good enough job with the existing players, and signing rubbish himself such as Obertan.

- Constantly touting our players to other clubs and saying things like 'it's tough for a club our size to hold onto these players'.

Problems Pardew has brought on himself:

- Numerous instances of touchline thuggery.

- Failing to develop any kind of plan B to change games.

- Failed to improve any player during his time here.

- Abysmal record in the Derby.

- Inability to communicate coherently at any time.

- Alienating the most talented player we've had at the club for years.

- Blaming random elements for underwhelming results.

- Sucking Mike Ashley's knob at every opportunity.

- After 4 years, he can only produce an attacking plan based on 'luck' and 'that little bit of magic'.

- Celebrates every goal like he's Eric Cantona.

Which list is longer?

Many things i do not like about how the club is run, but I find it a bit difficult to critize our selling policy.

The caroll offer was so silly i do not blame them for selling....however do blame them for not replacing him.

Ba wanted to leave. Got ok money for him

Cabaye wanted to leave + we made a good deal.

Its not our selling policy that is the problem but our buying policy.

If we invested more - especially after we ended 5th were we where so close to the top as possible (like spurs maybe). Then players like Ba and Cabaye wouldn´t be in such a hurry to leave.

i his 4 years we've sold carroll, cabaye, ba and debuchy afaik....what i mean is in support of the "always has his best players sold" argument...have i missed anyone?

that's one a fucking season and 2 of them were replaced with better players while 3 of them wanted to leave (2 of them almost to the point of public embarrassment)

You can't treat buying and selling as separate to each other. One directly impacts the other at this club.

Almost agree.

Actually i like our buying policy - if only we brought in more players and bended the "rules" once in a while.

We start to see some youngsters coming through - hopefully much more in the future coz that is very pleasing and satisfying. 

i his 4 years we've sold carroll, cabaye, ba and debuchy afaik....what i mean is in support of the "always has his best players sold" argument...have i missed anyone?

that's one a f***ing season and 2 of them were replaced with better players while 3 of them wanted to leave (2 of them almost to the point of public embarrassment)

It's beyond ridiculous :lol: He's had more talent than anyone since Robson yet he acts like he's scraping the barrel.

that's one a f***ing season and 2 of them were replaced with better players while 3 of them wanted to leave (2 of them almost to the point of public embarrassment)

It's beyond ridiculous :lol: He's had more talent than anyone since Robson yet he acts like he's scraping the barrel.

yet another stinking pile of bullshit he's just allowed to get away with and all

It's simple for me. He has been here four years now and yet, a brief flirtation with Europe aside I don't think we have really achieved anything. If Pardew was to pack his bags tomorrow, has he brought the club forward in anyway? I think you can only answer yes to that if you believe he has had a strong hand in our transfer policy, which just is not the case. Maybe we are starting to see signs of promise from the academy, but I am loathe to give him any credit for that given that he has also stalled the careers of a number of talented youngsters. There is no discernible style to our play and for all the rhetoric of 'stability' we teeter constantly from moderate peaks to unacceptable troughs. Unfortunately Pardew is the perfect manager for Ashley, but I would still sack him tomorrow.

Newcastle not winning - nothing to do with Pardew

Newcastle winning - everything to do with Pardew

It's so fucking exhausting.

Oh, the irony.

I suspect that a huge proportion of Football Manager players would run rings around most "top" managers if it weren't for the fact that the players wouldn't take notice of them since they had no background in football.

Aye, and if they gave me a car I reckon I'd be able to well beat that Lewis Hamilton, I piss it round Monaco in F1 2014.

:jesuswept:

I realised a long time ago that the ability to play at being a manager (and inevitably do well at it in the game) is what makes a lot of people think the job is a piece of piss, and also gives some people an over-inflated idea of the magical transformational effects of formations & tactics on players' abilities. I never actually thought I'd see someone go this far and admit they think these games are anything like real life though unless it was one of the usual suspect forum dunces.

Guest firetotheworks

Newcastle not winning - nothing to do with Pardew

Newcastle winning - everything to do with Pardew

It's so fucking exhausting.

Oh, the irony.

That wouldn't be ironic, it would be hypocritical. Nor is it, through wins draws and losses, we play exactly the same way with the same tactics and the same gameplan. Stay in position, try and nick a goal through a 'bit of magic' then defend for our lives and try and hit them on the break.

Our turn around in form is due to injuries forcing him to stop playing his blue chip players. Sissoko moving into the middle being the biggest factor (something anyone with a brain has been screaming out for since he signed)

There's no doubt in my mind he'll revert to type and move it around to fit in his ego and undo this form, it's how he is. You only need to look at the difference between the end of 11/12 and the start of 12/13 to see just how much he's happy to fuck around with a winning formula.

I suspect that a huge proportion of Football Manager players would run rings around most "top" managers if it weren't for the fact that the players wouldn't take notice of them since they had no background in football.

Aye, and if they gave me a car I reckon I'd be able to well beat that Lewis Hamilton, I piss it round Monaco in F1 2014.

:jesuswept:

I realised a long time ago that the ability to play at being a manager (and inevitably do well at it in the game) is what makes a lot of people think the job is a piece of piss, and also gives some people an over-inflated idea of the magical transformational effects of formations & tactics on players' abilities. I never actually thought I'd see someone go this far and admit they think these games are anything like real life though unless it was one of the usual suspect forum dunces.

What an absolute pile of shit. Utter fucking drivel.

I agree whole heartedly with that statement on FM players. Think ikri would be shockingly accurate if we could somehow test that theory out. As he rightly states though, the issue would be dealing with the pompous and equally thick players, who would rile at being instructed by someone who hadn't had a career in football themselves.

Are there any English managers at the minute who didn't play football themselves coming up? Out of interest.

I don't think FM players would necessarily be much cop like :lol: It's essentially a program that people exploit after years and years of getting to grips with how it works.

Anyone with a genuine deep knowledge of the game - not just the kids who sit on wikipedia all day and then spout random facts from 19th century FA Cup finals - but people who study the game tactically, would likely be a better manager than Alan Pardew if they had the charisma and were lucky enough to find a way in.

And then proceed to play Cisse there too ..., for multiple games. No, not just one game, but numerous games. Cisse on the right for numerous games of football. Someone who mostly looks like he can't actually play the game outside of the box.

And then proceed to play Cisse there too ..., for multiple games. No, not just one game, but numerous games. Cisse on the right for numerous games of football. Someone who mostly looks like he can't actually play the game outside of the box.

Nobody will ever be able to explain how any human could think that decision was the best one IMO. It's just not possible.

Guest firetotheworks

I cringe at the whole 'he's mint on FM' thing, nor do I think that FM players would be better than managers at all, but as an interesting side note, hasn't Mourihno admitted to using FM for real life scouting and real life tactics?

Yes, and yet the daft owld cunts always like to roll it out as a reason why the young 'uns don't know shit. While they plod along furiously masturbating to our monstrously negative "hard-working" "style" of "football".

I have no doubt that 99% of normal fans would fail at Football management, but it's not because they're all too thick or lack some innate ability.  Pardew isn't exactly a genius and he struggles to speak English most of the time.

The fans with the required intelligence though would probably be at least as good as Pardew given his same experiences in Football.  He doesn't have some innate ability at management that's for sure.  There's plenty of good managers who were never top level players as well, Mourinho being the best example.  He played to a reasonable level, but most people with an interest in Football will play to some level and become familiar with the same basics.

It all comes down to what the person in question chooses to do after that to get the experience required.  Having a well rounded education gives more perspective, as well as showing some level of intelligence.  Then it's Football education and Football coaching experience that become important.

So for me most Football Manager players would be awful at the job (obviously), but mostly because they don't have the relevant real world Football knowledge, experience and respect in the game to do the job.  Pardew has the experience and respect (somehow), but it's his Football knowledge and intelligence that is seriously in question all the time.  Every time he makes a standardised sub set by his watch (he admitted this with Cisse at the weekend, he did it based on a pre game plan rather than the game situation) and every time he plays a hard working striker on the wing to back his negative game theories, he proves he's nothing more than a Football charlatan who is very lucky to have had the jobs he's had.