Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Just woke up expecting some official progress on Pardew but instead burnt my toast reading Lawrie fucking Sanchez's name in this thread?

Why in the blue hell is he being linked? Where's it coming from?

The land of imagination.

Just woke up expecting some official progress on Pardew but instead burnt my toast reading Lawrie f***ing Sanchez's name in this thread?

Sanchez is probably a mate of Kinnear if Ashley still takes advice from him.

Just woke up expecting some official progress on Pardew but instead burnt my toast reading Lawrie f***ing Sanchez's name in this thread?

I'm interested in knowing how you make toast?

The gods have decided we aren't miserable enough, after Pardew's career saving run vanquished any hope from our minds and left us in a numb state of apathy knowing he would never get sacked, fate gives us the cruelest glimmer of hope just to open up the wounds.

The Lawrie Sanchez thing sounds plausible sadly, he had Pardew lined up weeks before Hughton was sacked, Keegan months before Allardyce etc. I would rather give some members here the job than Lawrie fucking Sanchez. Either way though Pardew fucking off would be huge and lift a massive weight off the shoulders of the fans. He has distanced himself from us so much to the point we don't enjoy wins and don't have that emotional connection with the club anymore. Sooner he goes the better for that reason, the club is on it's knees at the moment because of him.

Except he isn't being sacked and unless Ashley etc managed to forsee warnock getting sack and palace wanting Pardew than that slang work

I do have a bit of a problem with Pardew leaving like this. If he goes, of course.

The problem being that he'll never have been judged sackable by Mike Ashley. I'm not talking about wanting to damage Pardew's ego here and have him sacked rather than just leave, but more what that says about the future for us. Ie that things have been terrible, yet have never gotten so bad that Ashley felt the need to replace him. That, for me, bodes very badly for the future in terms of who we're likely to get in and what will be expected of them.

I'll still drink and wank my self senseless when Pardew goes, but I'll wake up the next day full of worry for the future.

http://www.football365.com/faves/9624485/Winners-Losers

Newcastle Supporters

The rest of the country may have been tingling with excitement on December 24 with the anticipation of what presents and merriment the next day would bring, but the majority of Newcastle supporters enjoyed their second Christmas Eve on Sunday night.

The excitement making it difficult to sleep? Check. Trying to stay calm and not get your hopes up of that one great present? Check. The knowledge that tomorrow may well be the best day of the year? Check. On Sunday Alan Pardew was made odds-on to be the next Crystal Palace manager, and refused to conduct his post-match interview.

Newcastle supporters have never truly taken to Pardew, viewed as a puppet for the 'cockney mafia' they feel has strangled the ambition and joy out of their proud institution. They're starting to prepare the bunting on Tyneside.

I do have a bit of a problem with Pardew leaving like this. If he goes, of course.

The problem being that he'll never have been judged sackable by Mike Ashley. I'm not talking about wanting to damage Pardew's ego here and have him sacked rather than just leave, but more what that says about the future for us. Ie that things have been terrible, yet have never gotten so bad that Ashley felt the need to replace him. That, for me, bodes very badly for the future in terms of who we're likely to get in and what will be expected of them.

I'll still drink and wank my self senseless when Pardew goes, but I'll wake up the next day full of worry for the future.

I don't mind worrying about Newcastle's future.  At least I'll feel something. /emo

Oh aye, and someone else I know was told Lawrie Sanchez would be our next manager ages ago.

He's already bought a house in Ponteland in readiness.

Ashley asking advice from Wise and Kinnear.........I've no doubt we'd get a manager who firmly knows his place while Ashley remains in charge, any manage worth their salt would walk out of any meeting with Ashley within 30 minutes as Ashley laid out the terms the manager would have to work under. The positive is, it's a step in the right direction for ultimately getting rid of Ashley.

I honestly don't think you could predict an Ashley appointment. The stupid thing is De Boer is actually ideal for his model, regularly sells top earners at Ajax,  and they more their spend was half of their sales figures this year. It makes sense on pretty much every level for newcastle and the fat c***, hence why he won't do it.

You can't mate, and if appoints someone really shit that would actually unite the fan Base.

The amount of credit Pardew had been able to leverage due to that 5th place finish is ridiculous.

Really thought after last nights rumors etc. that by now it would be announced as a done deal. The fact it's not really worries me there could be some shock anti-climax of him staying... or worse he's handed a new contract for even by Ashley.

:lol:

Just don't want to believe it's real until it's happened - it's too easy to get wildly excited and end up disappointed, the mantra of Toon fan. I thought he was a goner after Ashley was caught claiming one more loss and he goes, that turned out badly, this still has time to as well.

Guest firetotheworks

Newcastle Supporters

The rest of the country may have been tingling with excitement on December 24 with the anticipation of what presents and merriment the next day would bring, but the majority of Newcastle supporters enjoyed their second Christmas Eve on Sunday night.

The excitement making it difficult to sleep? Check. Trying to stay calm and not get your hopes up of that one great present? Check. The knowledge that tomorrow may well be the best day of the year? Check. On Sunday Alan Pardew was made odds-on to be the next Crystal Palace manager, and refused to conduct his post-match interview.

Newcastle supporters have never truly taken to Pardew, viewed as a puppet for the 'cockney mafia' they feel has strangled the ambition and joy out of their proud institution. They're starting to prepare the bunting on Tyneside.

The only thing that's wrong there is that we haven't taken to him because of who he is, not who we are. The Cockney Mafia stuff is fucking cringe. Even that said, there are mongs that like him.

Newcastle Supporters

:lol: Again with the cockney mafia. We hate him because he's a shit cunt.

Pardew has a contract of employment. Surely he can buy himself out with Palace's money up to the value of his remaining contract salary? So Ashley can't demand 12million or something absurd.

Not sure if Palace are that flush though. As in, rich enough to buy his existing contract and pay him enough to make it worth his while to leave which would presumably require a lengthy contract too.

Their most recent spell in administration was 2010, promoted 2 years later....that's 2 seasons of premier league loot. Are they thinking its wiser to put together say a 10million package on a new manager (compo+salary) rather than spend a lot more than 10 million on new players in January?

I would like to think it's cheaper than 10m, but their squad isn't abhorrent (by the league's standards). A good manager would go much further than 10m worth of players in today's market IMO. From their perspective, if they think Pardew is that manager then great for them/us.

I honestly don't think you could predict an Ashley appointment. The stupid thing is De Boer is actually ideal for his model, regularly sells top earners at Ajax,  and they more their spend was half of their sales figures this year. It makes sense on pretty much every level for newcastle and the fat cunt, hence why he won't do it.

Has experience developing youth as well.

No way Ashley will know who Do Boer is, we will be VERY lucky if we get a half decent English Manager, but i'm guessing it will be one of his mates or someone who we all forgot even existed.

This. I had no idea who joe kinnear was until he first came here.

I honestly don't think you could predict an Ashley appointment. The stupid thing is De Boer is actually ideal for his model, regularly sells top earners at Ajax,  and they more their spend was half of their sales figures this year. It makes sense on pretty much every level for newcastle and the fat c***, hence why he won't do it.

I'm honestly all about De Boer at the moment. He would be my favorite of the better names out there that would make me truly happy and excited.

What we don't know is what Ashley's plans are for us.  If he does indeed intend to sell us within the next couple of years, would that have an impact on his choice of manager?

We are understood to believe that Pardew was very much the choice of Llambias.

Has the criteria for a manager changed much since Pardew was appointed?  Possibly.  Were we perceived to be so intent on buying cheap and selling high prior to the Carroll sale.  I am not so sure.  I think the price we got for Carroll has perhaps hugely changed Ashley's mindset.  If that was the case, then surely he has to think of a someone who is primarily a good coach with a history of developing young players because there is no doubt that Pardew has underperformed in realising the potential of certain players.