Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Still 110% convinced at least Pardew is trolling, if not Ashley too.

Sure Pardew is just angling for a better contract and more to make people realize what we would miss if he were to leave. ironic we are doing exactly that and there are so many fans rejoicing at the potential news.

Can't help wondering why Pardew would jump ship now, especially to a less securepositron at Palace, unless he knows something we haven't yet been told about the future of the club...

push come to shove, anybody take beardsley? seems like the kind of ashley yes man and kind of appointment they think we would be happy with

As a permanent appointment absolutely not.

I'd rather stick with Pardew. Got so many positive memories of Pedro, and he still seems more 'Keegan' than 'Ashley/Pardew' when I think of what he represents. It'd be throwing him to the lions with the state of the club now and I can't see how it wouldn't end in tears. I know he has blotted his copybook a bit with his towing of this regime's line but it'd still break my heart to see him fail, supporters (probably pro-Pardew idiots) turning on him etc.

At least the current captain arsehole gives me a focal point for undiluted, unconfused hatred.

If Pardew jumps ship now and Pedro was appointed on the understanding it was a temporary appointment so that Ashley can take his time choosing the right man instead of just going with his gut instinct I'd be happy with that. Then I'd probably wake up from a very naive dream :lol:

push come to shove, anybody take beardsley? seems like the kind of ashley yes man and kind of appointment they think we would be happy with

As a permanent appointment absolutely not.

I'd rather stick with Pardew. Got so many positive memories of Pedro, and he still seems more 'Keegan' than 'Ashley/Pardew' when I think of what he represents. It'd be throwing him to the lions with the state of the club now and I can't see how it wouldn't end in tears. I know he has blotted his copybook a bit with his towing of this regime's line but it'd still break my heart to see him fail, supporters (probably pro-Pardew idiots) turning on him etc.

At least the current captain arsehole gives me a focal point for undiluted, unconfused hatred.

If Pardew jumps ship now and Pedro was appointed on the understanding it was a temporary appointment so that Ashley can take his time choosing the right man instead of just going with his gut instinct I'd be happy with that. Then I'd probably wake up from a very naive dream :lol:

Rather keep Pardew? Fuck that shit :lol:

In the short term I think Mash will give Beardsley a go. He fits the bill...Has repeatedly said delusional good things about Mash and Crystal Pardace. I don't think there is a plan in place as it looks like (please let it be true) AP has played his big cards and caught the regime by surprise. I have no doubt that Mash will take the compensation money and replace AP for free with Beardsley (tiny pay rise).

There is a mix of things that have impacted the Pardew situation. He knows he isn't wanted here and never will be and is always a few bad results away from pressure (he'll get a free ride at Palace). It is also the case that he might just have run out of the energy required to be dealing with the back room situation at the club which by all accounts is amateurish and chaotic.

Just had a genuinely awful thought.

Ashley potentially has 12 months salary to pay Ally McCoist does he not?? He won't want to pay that without getting some sort of labour in return :anguish:

Hopefully someone informed will reply to this with a sound reasoning as to why this happening is impossible, (e.g. Because legally the clubs are separate entities) and put my mind at ease.

Just had a genuinely awful thought.

Ashley potentially has 12 months salary to pay Ally McCoist does he not?? He won't want to pay that without getting some sort of labour in return :anguish:

Hopefully someone informed will reply to this with a sound reasoning as to why this happening is impossible, (e.g. Because legally the clubs are separate entities) and put my mind at ease.

Ashley isn't fully responsible for Rangers though. Can't see that being a problem.

Still 110% convinced at least Pardew is trolling, if not Ashley too.

Sure Pardew is just angling for a better contract and more to make people realize what we would miss if he were to leave. ironic we are doing exactly that and there are so many fans rejoicing at the potential news.

Can't help wondering why Pardew would jump ship now, especially to a less securepositron at Palace, unless he knows something we haven't yet been told about the future of the club...

He was linked last time and when Pulis took over too, right? Thought there were rumours he did indeed fancy it but only as a winding down Job after he had achieved at a big club. Could see that's not panning out and might fancy the change now incase it doesn't happen further down the line. Not least he has the chance to keep them in the premiership now and might fancy the squad they have and possible funds they would give him.

If Palace go down they aren't guaranteed an instant return.. Could be a case of if its going to happen now is the time.

Must surely be in training by now? So no news is bad news surely. If it had legs he wouldn't be at training.

Who said he was at training? There's definitely talks happening. All but confirmed from the man himself.

Must surely be in training by now? So no news is bad news surely. If it had legs he wouldn't be at training.

Who's seen him at training?  I'm sure David Craig or whoever is up at the training ground lurking - they would have spotted Pardew arriving and reported so. No reports..?