Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest firetotheworks

I'm gonna do it once because it's my last chance...

Has this cunt not gone/died/been sacked yet!?

This is what Crystal Palace is getting.

In the 2006–07 season, Pardew was criticised after seeing West Ham through their worst run of defeats in over 70 years which included an exit from the UEFA Cup to Palermo in the very first round[15] and a League Cup defeat to Chesterfield.[16] West Ham's new owners stated their support for Pardew,[17] but on 11 December 2006, following a 4–0 defeat away at Bolton Wanderers the previous weekend, it was announced that Pardew had been sacked by West Ham. The club statement read: "The chairman Mr Eggert Magnússon and the board have been concerned by the performances of recent weeks and feel that it is the right time to make a change in the best interests of the club."[18]

Charlton Athletic

Pardew's absence from management lasted less than two weeks when he was appointed manager of Charlton Athletic on Christmas Eve 2006, signing a three-and-a-half year contract.[19] He took over with Charlton in 19th place in the Premier League, with just 12 points and a –20 goal difference, the lowest in the league. Although Charlton's form improved under Pardew,[20] he was unable to keep Charlton up, resulting in the first relegation of his career, both as a player and manager.[21]

Many expected Charlton to bounce back from relegation into the Premier League with signings such as Chris Iwelumo and Luke Varney in the 2007–08 season. But Charlton failed to mount a serious promotion challenge and finished the season in 11th. This put Pardew under pressure going into the 2008–09 season but Charlton started the season off well with victories over Reading and Swansea. However, Charlton's form very quickly deteriorated and they were near the foot of the table after 8 games without a win. After an inept display in a 5–2 home defeat to Sheffield United hundreds of supporters remained for more than an hour to condemn their manager, chanting, "We want Pardew out" and "We want our club back" after Charlton had slipped into the Championship's bottom three.[22][23] On 22 November 2008, Pardew parted company with Charlton by mutual consent.

The record worst runs, the fans discontent, the poor performances, it all sounds straggly familiar, but if thats what they want then go ahead. We aren't the only set of fans to hate this prick, and in time I don't think we'll be the last. It's a shame for Palace because he's one of the club hero's, I'm guessing they don't have many and you just know this will end in disaster for them.

Now that he is gone I guess from a purely football & coaching standpoint the 13 step recovery programme begins, for those with technical ability. 

Actually enjoying a training session, by not having stats rammed down one's throat, is a first step in the right direction. I genuinely believe he coached the fun out of the game, starting on the training paddock.

Palace fans should organise a sweepstake, as to which youngster he destroys/Pardews first.

I think we'll appoint Carver until the end of the season, sell Sissoko in January and spiral precariously downward with more players becoming disinterested. Yet I still haven't felt this good as a fan in at least a year. So, so pleased that he's gone - it just feels surreal.

I think we'll appoint Carver until the end of the season, sell Sissoko in January and spiral precariously downward with more players becoming disinterested. Yet I still haven't felt this good as a fan in at least a year. So, so pleased that he's gone - it just feels surreal.

Agree with all that. Not appointing anyone allows us to sell Sissoko to the highest bidder and spend nothing without complaint, and saves on those all important staff wages. The season is over, if it wasn't already.

Agree with all that. Not appointing anyone allows us to sell Sissoko to the highest bidder and spend nothing without complaint, and saves on those all important staff wages. The season is over, if it wasn't already.

The prospect of that is grim.

The season is over, if it wasn't already.

The opposite for me, in a way. Feel like it's just started.

Not until/if Carver has gone and a new manager is in otherwise the scenario is exactly the same, if in fact not worse

Not until/if Carver has gone and a new manager is in otherwise the scenario is exactly the same, if in fact not worse

Nah. Pardew is gone.

Nah. Pardew is gone.

Nah Carver is still here as acting manager - yesterday proved exactly why with the most crazy substitutions you could imagine. Never thought I'd say this but Carver would be even worse than Pardew. Until he is gone and a new manager is in then I see no reason to celebrate. Only Ashley may even contemplate appointing a manager even worse than Pardew. When and if a proper manager is appointed then I will celebrate, but not until and do you really trust Ashley?

There's no reason why we couldn't challenge for Europe if the right appoint is made quickly. We all know that won't happen though.

While I agree it just felt great watching the game yesterday, wanting us to win, cheering when we scored. That's what it's all about, at the end of the day. I'll savor the feeling until Ashley appoints Nigel Worthington.