Crystal Palace manager

Mick

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/577923/Alan-Pardew-Crystal-Palace-no-satisfaction-Newcastle-relegation-fears

While Newcastle’s season lurched deeper into crisis with a 2-1 defeat to already relegated QPR, Pardew was ruining Steven Gerrard’s farewell at Anfield with Crystal Palace winning 3-1.

Pardew quit Newcastle at Christmas after growing tired at the abuse he was subjected to on Tyneside and took over at Palace, who were 18th in the table and a point from safety.

Yet Saturday’s success on Merseyside saw Palace equal their best ever points haul in the Premier League - 45 - and put in sharp perspective Newcastle’s troubles as they face West Ham next weekend with their top flight status in jeopardy.

Pardew maintained he does not feel a sense of vindication even though Newcastle were 10th in the table when he left.

“I have been asked this question a few times,” he said. “I don’t have that kind of emotion. The only emotion and the only overriding emotion I have is that there are people at Newcastle that I love and I want them to stay up.

“It is a disappointing result and now they have to do it at home. I’d like to think the home support will carry them through because it needs to.

Trust me it (vindication) is not me, it really isn’t. I’m just pleased that we (Palace) have been terrific today, we have been terrific away from home since I arrived at the club and our results reflect that.

“The only feeling I have towards Newcastle is one that I really wish and hope they get over the line.”

Palace’s rise to 12th place places the emphasis on co-chairman Steve Parish to now make transfer funds available this summer in order to help Pardew propel the club to another level.

Pardew believes Palace can target the top “eight to 10” next season, but will be mindful Tony Pulis quit the club just 48 hours before the start of the current campaign in August after tensions with Parish.

Pulis had also joined the club mid-season and steered them away from the relegation zone.

As well as adding to the squad, there will be an onus on Palace to retain their best players and Pardew warned clubs eyeing the likes of Yannick Bolasie and Scott Dann that they would not leave on the cheap.

“The prices are going to be very, very high if you’re going to try and buy because we are in a great position financially,” said Pardew.

“We will have to wait and see. Everyone is for sale but it would take some hefty, hefty bids to get our best players.”

All your fave Pardisms.

:lol: No mention of their multiple consecutive losses.

Guest axel

In 2 years time, when he has Pardewed the whole team their lineup will probably be something like this:

Elliot

Delaney - Ward - Williamson - Mullins

Gouffran - Reo-Coker

Fret - Fret - Fret

Fret

Guest lincoln_imp

The ultimate "revenge" for you Geordies will come when this KUNT is made England manager after 2016. I have no idea how he managed to become the English medias chosen one, but he's done it, and its set in stone, and it makes me feel so sick already.

He will spacker his bollocks all over ITV whilst playing Wilshere at left back and Colback in centre midfield and the whole of England will with a sad regret say "The Geordies were right"

This "careful what you wish for" is just amazing.

It's like us having a boat with holes in it who's slowly (well, slowly is debatable) sinking. One day we finally manage to get rid of the boat and get a new one, only to find out our new "boat" is riddled with holes and made of cotton candy.

"What we wish for" when we got rid of the first boat was not a cotton candy boat with even more holes, it was obviously a real boat without any holes. Assholes.

Edit: NPW

In 2 years time, when he has Pardewed the whole team their lineup will probably be something like this:

Elliot

Delaney - Ward - Williamson - Mullins

Gouffran - Reo-Coker

Fret - Fret - Fret

Fret

This is actually funny.

The basic framework of that side is perfect for Pardew. All of his purples all seem to be good, honest British cultured lads. If managers like Pulis & Pardew can have them midtable, a really good manager would have them sniffing for the title (8th.. obviously..)

Wait until the opposition shut down Puncheon and Bolasie and his defend starts leaking goals, that's when it'll start

That backline and spine Pulis put together is pretty solid minus the GK. Punch is a real fret from set pieces and they've got a number of lads that can really attack it. It's hard to defend great counter attacking players in good form. I think injuries / out of form / benched for a clogger for the attacking midfield 3 fret is their biggest problem.

Think they've got a good spine and attitude. All Pardew need to do is keep it going for1 more season then he'll grab that England job. Then the fun will begin.

Why the fuck are people still fixated on this cunt? He's someone else's manager now. Been arguing for the past 2 hours with some dim witted twat trotting out the "hope the pardew out brigade are happy now. responsible for this mess".

They'll sell his magic players and he's f***ed. Or he'll fall out with them.

Punch & co. seem like the type of lads Pardew gets on with e.g. hard working British lads.

Parish has been brilliant for Palace and he seems an ambitious leader. In 2010, they almost got relegated from the Championship and sold their best player for relative peanuts. In those 5 years he's got them promoted and kept them up i the PL for two seasons. Chopping and changing managers nearly every season. Most of the managers leaving of their own accord too. He'll not let Pardew relegate them. I think perhaps if Pardew is still there into 16/17 they'll have that horrible Pardew season.

They need to improve the stadium so perhaps they'll have to sacrifice a player.

Didn't Charlton and West Ham have the type of British lads he liked? He's doomed to fail because he's a crap manager. His only saving grace will be the turgid teams occupying the lower half of the league.

He's fortunate to have the likes of Bolasie, Zaha, and Puncheon providing some attacking verve. Just as he was fortunate to have the likes of Benny, Cabaye, Ba, Remy, Cisse, etc. we saw what happened when those players were moved on.

Didn't Charlton and West Ham have the type of British lads he liked? He's doomed to fail because he's a crap manager. His only saving grace will be the turgid teams occupying the lower half of the league.

He's fortunate to have the likes of Bolasie, Zaha, and Puncheon providing some attacking verve. Just as he was fortunate to have the likes of Benny, Cabaye, Ba, Remy, Cisse, etc. we saw what happened when those players were moved on.

Mostly when Ba and Remy moved on. Ba was a huge piece of papering over the cracks in Pardew's management ability (or lack of).