Andy Cole

Paully

Guest Geordiesned

Sad news but he burnt his ties to the club a long time ago

And? What has that got to do with people wishing him all the best?

People going on about the FA Cup final thing where he sang the cheer up Alan Shearer song, IIRC. It was a long time ago.

KK song, no?

It was. Left a very sour taste after all Keegan had done for him. Some of his other comments about the region haven't been great either. Regardless, wish him all the best.

People going on about the FA Cup final thing where he sang the cheer up Alan Shearer song, IIRC. It was a long time ago.

KK song, no?

It was. Left a very sour taste after all Keegan had done for him. Some of his other comments about the region haven't been great either. Regardless, wish him all the best.

Yeah, there was no need for that from Cole, we put him on the map and made him a highly sort after player.  A little gratitude wouldn't have went a miss. 

Young naive player making stupid comments isn't a shocking thing. He could have handled it better I'm sure but regardless fantastic find by KK and a brilliant finisher.

Read a few KK books and all of them go into detail how much he challenged Cole and the absolute balls of KK to sell our 9 and replace him with Ferdinand and then supplement with Shearer. What a visionary man.

KK song, no?

Yeah, there was no need for that from Cole, we put him on the map and made him a highly sort after player.  A little gratitude wouldn't have went a miss.

He's that kind of bloke though I reckon having watched the recent documentary. Somehow it never seems nasty but he's just very single-minded and adamant he'll do things his own way. I'm sure he'd say he regretted that moment if asked though.

Guest firetotheworks

He lived in Crook tbf, it's not really surprising that he doesn't get the region. It's a very odd place to choose to live up here, it's quite an insular place.

All the best to him. One of my first heroes growing up and I had my first taste of football heartbreak when he left.

For about five minutes, until both he and the club realised what he'd done. Then is was 12 Osborne Terrace in Jesmond for 90% of his time with us.

Went to a couple of decent parties there.

All the best to him. One of my first heroes growing up and I had my first taste of football heartbreak when he left.

For about five minutes, until both he and the club realised what he'd done. Then is was 12 Osborne Terrace in Jesmond for 90% of his time with us.

Did you mean to quote the Crook thing there? I know he lived in Jesmond bc he used to swan into Wm Low where stepson 2 worked and big it up :lol:. I'll never forgive him for that Cup Final shit, but wish him no ill.

Did you mean to quote the Crook thing there? I know he lived in Jesmond bc he used to swan into Wm Low where stepson 2 worked and big it up :lol:. I'll never forgive him for that Cup Final s***, but wish him no ill.

He was briefly in Crook because he wanted to be alone. Someone, I forget who, opined that at the time: 'a black man in Crook would stop traffic'.

He relocated to Jesmond not long thereafter. I went to his place a couple of times for bevvy sessions, though he was not a big drinker. All his Shottingham mates were. It wasn't particularly sumptuous, even though he was on £12k/wk at the time. That's, what, £35k now?

When we signed Ginola, we were paying him £14k/wk - the third highest in the country at the time.

Did you mean to quote the Crook thing there? I know he lived in Jesmond bc he used to swan into Wm Low where stepson 2 worked and big it up :lol:. I'll never forgive him for that Cup Final s***, but wish him no ill.

He was briefly in Crook because he wanted to be alone. Someone, I forget who, opined that at the time: 'a black man in Crook would stop traffic'.

He relocated to Jesmond not long thereafter. I went to his place a couple of times for bevvy sessions, though he was not a big drinker. All his Shottingham mates were. It wasn't particularly sumptuous, even though he was on £12k/wk at the time. That's, what, £35k now?

When we signed Ginola, we were paying him £14k/wk - the third highest in the country at the time.

Nah, man, I just meant you quoted the wrong post, no bother. You seem to know a bit, has he got a beef with NUFC? I know he really worked hard after he left us, and good for him. Is he bitter somehow though? :lol: Just can't get over that Cup Final thing. After all these years it still hurts.