SackPardew.com

Decky

Literally ask any Newcastle fan and they'll tell you the main problem is Mike Ashley, suggesting otherwise is pointless, I'm not ever sure why you would do it.

Thing is, ask any fan in the country about their club's ownership and very few will be really happy - even those at clubs with mega rich owners spending crazy money are, in the main, not totally comfortable with it.  Ours gets a lot of attention because he's a high profile retailer but other than him I'd struggle to name many, apart from the Glazers, Short and Gibson. Even the nutters at Hull, Cardiff and QPR's names escape me despite all the press they get. Our ownership is little more than symptomatic of what English football has become in the 21st century. We're certainly not unique.

The manager issue is different. They do vary enormously.

However for Saturday's protest to have failed so miserably, despite a year of poor results, last week's 4-0 hammering and being 2-0 down at home raises a lot of questions about how they went about it. It was a moment when they had everything going for them.

My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause. We've had poorly attended marches, mock funerals, open top buses, billboards etc. We've waved flags, banners etc and had more splinter protest groups than most could remember. It seems to achieve little more than bringing a few extra press vultures up from London for a weekend hoping to pile more ridicule on us.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "cunts", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What is needed is a sane, rational, non-gimmicky agenda which engages the majority of match attending supporters and the city in general.

That or a practical, business savvy consortium like the original Magpie Group who would be taken seriously.

Think the protest failed pretty much down to one thing. Sure, the Colloccini and others asking for backing and the stewards removing a proportion of flyers didn't help, also the mixed feelings of doing something that might affect the expression of support for Jonas and the team played a part. But I think the fact that it was suggested people do something at a specific time was a killer. People angry going into the ground felt thy needed to hold back before venting and it killed the mood.

It's fine for a round of applause, but plenty were sitting on their hands waiting for a reaction at 5 minutes and when it was sporadic at best, like fuck were they going to hold up an A4 sheet and join in.

Surely 5 minutes isn't that long? If you can't hold back for 5 minutes and are suddenly all fine and not angry anymore, you weren't angry enough to begin with.

Steve Stone - We dont want the ball

"you are at your weakest when you have the ball, when you are attacking or when you have a corner."

I would say a team is at is most dangerous when it has the ball.

How are you meant to score when you dont have the ball.

FFS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Dont attack lads, they will score!"

Absolute flids at our club.

John Carver

“Every Monday he comes into work having compiled a defensive report on the opposition.

That’s his project, working with our video analysts to provide players with the best information.

“This week, for example, he will talk about Manchester City’s angles of attack, their set-pieces, their movement, as well as focussing on individuals.

“The lads will be made aware of ­Dzeko’s strengths and weaknesses, the best way to nullify Silva, Milner’s ­incredible work-rate, everything.

“That takes care of Monday to ­Thursday. On Friday it’s my turn when we look at ways to get at opponents. Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so so bad.

So bad.

Literally ask any Newcastle fan and they'll tell you the main problem is Mike Ashley, suggesting otherwise is pointless, I'm not ever sure why you would do it.

Thing is, ask any fan in the country about their club's ownership and very few will be really happy - even those at clubs with mega rich owners spending crazy money are, in the main, not totally comfortable with it.  Ours gets a lot of attention because he's a high profile retailer but other than him I'd struggle to name many, apart from the Glazers, Short and Gibson. Even the nutters at Hull, Cardiff and QPR's names escape me despite all the press they get. Our ownership is little more than symptomatic of what English football has become in the 21st century. We're certainly not unique.

The manager issue is different. They do vary enormously.

However for Saturday's protest to have failed so miserably, despite a year of poor results, last week's 4-0 hammering and being 2-0 down at home raises a lot of questions about how they went about it. It was a moment when they had everything going for them.

My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause. We've had poorly attended marches, mock funerals, open top buses, billboards etc. We've waved flags, banners etc and had more splinter protest groups than most could remember. It seems to achieve little more than bringing a few extra press vultures up from London for a weekend hoping to pile more ridicule on us.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "cunts", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What is needed is a sane, rational, non-gimmicky agenda which engages the majority of match attending supporters and the city in general.

That or a practical, business savvy consortium like the original Magpie Group who would be taken seriously.

Think the protest failed pretty much down to one thing. Sure, the Colloccini and others asking for backing and the stewards removing a proportion of flyers didn't help, also the mixed feelings of doing something that might affect the expression of support for Jonas and the team played a part. But I think the fact that it was suggested people do something at a specific time was a killer. People angry going into the ground felt thy needed to hold back before venting and it killed the mood.

It's fine for a round of applause, but plenty were sitting on their hands waiting for a reaction at 5 minutes and when it was sporadic at best, like fuck were they going to hold up an A4 sheet and join in.

Surely 5 minutes isn't that long? If you can't hold back for 5 minutes and are suddenly all fine and not angry anymore, you weren't angry enough to begin with.

Held back for 69 minutes at the end of last year. Of course the abuse came almost immediately.

"you are at your weakest when you have the ball, when you are attacking or when you have a corner."

John Carver

“Every Monday he comes into work having compiled a defensive report on the opposition.

That’s his project, working with our video analysts to provide players with the best information.

“This week, for example, he will talk about Manchester City’s angles of attack, their set-pieces, their movement, as well as focussing on individuals.

“The lads will be made aware of ­Dzeko’s strengths and weaknesses, the best way to nullify Silva, Milner’s ­incredible work-rate, everything.

“That takes care of Monday to ­Thursday. On Friday it’s my turn when we look at ways to get at opponents. Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so so bad.

So bad.

I cannot believe this. So after analyzing the hell out of Silva and Dzeko, they both combined very easily, without leaving second gear or even trying, in the first fucking half, to get their opening goal.

The fundamental flaw in comparing the relevant strengths of our squad to, say, Everton is that you are only viewing the merits of the Everton players as coached by Martinez or Moyes and our players as coached by Pardew.  That exacerbates any difference in quality between the squads.

Eto'o, Lukaku, Miralles built their reputations before Martinez arrived. Even Atsu had some hype. That's league above Cisse and company.

Everton actually try to keep their best players. Ashley would've tried to sell half that team. Debuchy had 1 good season, Baines has had 5 - Ashley would've sold him yonks ago.

Everton are legitimately trying to be as competitive as they can. We are not.

"Milner's incredible work-rate" is an underappreciated gem too.

Of all Citeh's weapons, you don't want to be on the end of Boring Milner's work-rate. I mean, fuck Yaya bouncing Vurnon off his arse and Zabaleta getting in behind your full-backs, or even Aguero burning Willo... that Milner is a PROPER player. He'll track you back to death, like.

12/02/11 – After the 0-0 with Blackburn following the 4-4 comeback against Arsenal:

“I’m genuinely really pleased with that performance. We’ve had enough excitement for one week and a football game like that was a perfect tonic.”

:lol: I'd never seen this one.

12/02/11 – After the 0-0 with Blackburn following the 4-4 comeback against Arsenal:

“I’m genuinely really pleased with that performance. We’ve had enough excitement for one week and a football game like that was a perfect tonic.”

Seriously, fucking hell :lol:

Seriously, fucking hell :lol:

:lol: He's fucked in the head.

Milner's turned into a great little player. Was good off the bench against Bayern - set-up their best chance. Brilliant against Chelsea too

Imagine how fucking useless he would be under Pardew.

Pardle would love him. Such workrate. Agree with the Dropout though, he is playing well at the mo'.

Milner's turned into a great little player. Was good off the bench against Bayern - set-up their best chance. Brilliant against Chelsea too

Imagine how f***ing useless he would be under Pardew.

Pardle would love him. Such workrate. Agree with the Dropout though, he is playing well at the mo'.

Absolutely, he's Pardew's dream player. But under Pardew he'd a slightly better version of Gouffran.

We have some how looped into a parallel universe where everything is the other way round.

:lol: They still think that s*** despite the other team scoring ALL the time.

Relegated!

So the king drills the team 4 days a week on how to defend (without the ball) and we still get spanked away from home and concede daft goals at SJP.

There is something seriously wrong.

A

:spit:

If we didn't laugh, we would cry.

John Carver

This is so so bad.

So bad.

I cannot believe this. So after analyzing the hell out of Silva and Dzeko, they both combined very easily, without leaving second gear or even trying, in the first fucking half, to get their opening goal.

Has there ever been a manager more terrified of a fucking ball?  Makes me think something happened to him as a child.