Crystal Palace vs Newcastle United - 24/09/2014 @ 20:00 League Cup - 3rd Round

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Whenever a favourite gets knocked out the day before, I can't help getting a bit of a buzz. If Ashley is going to sack Pardew, or if Pardew is ever going to resign - progression in the League Cup isn't going to have baring on anything. I really hope we win tbh, first time I've felt like this since God knows when.

Sure it will. He'd be spouting loads of bullshit if he took us on a cup run. Suddenly it would be extremely beneficial to the team spirit.

It would also become the new crutch for his defenders. I hope we lose and I hope it's embarrassing.

Guest Roger Kint

You'd have to be a mug to attend a cup game under this regime in my opinion.

No doubt been posted already but i only just read that we didnt even acknowledge this game in the programme on Saturday :lol: Like it was actually not happening in their eyes ffs

No doubt been posted already but i only just read that we didnt even acknowledge this game in the programme on Saturday :lol: Like it was actually not happening in their eyes ffs

Add that to the fact we are pretending our players are ill, there's really no point this games goes ahead  :lol:

Elliott

Jaanmat Willo  Colo    Haidara

Sissoko  Tiote  Colback  Sammy

Cabella

Perez

So we're actually going ahead with this game then?

Apparently so.

Knowing us we'll rest the players with the 'virus' and not bother trying to kill the game with subs in the hope of concentrating on the league, end up playing extra time and penalties as a result and have everyone knackered for next week.

Add that to the fact we are pretending our players are ill, there's really no point this games goes ahead  :lol:

Bet my mortage tho that come post match on Monday night he'll be mentioning the "tough midweek game against quality opposition" as an excuse for the mighty stoke beating us.

Was speaking to a Palace fan at work about it today. He reckons Hennessey, Mariappa, Hangeland, Bannan, Fryers, Thomas, Guedioura, Zaha, and Gayle all likely to start. They've actually got a slightly deeper squad than you'd give them credit for.

I don't really care about this game at all. Part of me wants to stay in the cup because I've always found cup competitions exciting, but when I know that the manager and club hierarchy see them as a nuisance, what's the point? A loss would add to the pressure on Pardew come the Stoke game so really getting knocked out is the best thing for the club.

Can see us winning this tonight, apparently Palace are resting 10 players and will probably care less about the cups then us.

Hope we don't like.

We'll lose and that will be the excuse.  "I played our first team and our tiredness showed.  They rested their players and the freshness gave them an edge.  We couldn't compete with that."

These excuses can always be predicted ahead of time.  You just predict the stupidest least motivational thing a manager can say and Pardew will say it every time.

Can see us winning this tonight, apparently Palace are resting 10 players and will probably care less about the cups then us.

Hope we don't like.

We'll lose and that will be the excuse.  "I played our first team and our tiredness showed.  They rested their players and the freshness gave them an edge.  We couldn't compete with that."

These excuses can always be predicted ahead of time.  You just predict the stupidest least motivational thing a manager can say and Pardew will say it every time.

Add in the freak illness. Regardless he will use the above as the reason for our stoke loss too.. "They had an extra day to prepare. We just don't have the squad to compete in the carling cup."

Hope we don't like.

Add in the freak illness. Regardless he will use the above as the reason for our stoke loss too.. "They had an extra day to prepare. We just don't have the squad to compete in the carling cup."

At least an early cup exit again will only rile up more fans against him.  He said he had the squad to compete this year and we'll be doing nothing as usual.  A cup win would give him something to cling to.