Crystal Palace 2 - 3 Newcastle United - 24/09/2014 - Man City v NUFC next round

BlueStar

Im going to stop speaking now because I feel like im in meltdown my points making no sense as this shit is going on at the club. Il be there next game supporting the team hoping it will all change one day for the good

Sadly this is the key, mate. Hoping won't do anything about it, neither will cheering a bit louder at the match.

Well short of shooting Ashley nothing else despite an empty stadium which would never happen would work

Much more time at the bottom of the league and Pardew will be gone.

I can see why people struggle to care for result. Love drained from them, my mate give his season ticket up because of this and it's not his fault and IT should never end that way for a supporter. Still loves the club and will return one day. That doesn't mean to say I'm anymore of a supporter than him, we just see it differently. I personally couldn't not go to the match, or not care what a result is or refuse to cheer a goal scored. It's just a shame Ashley/Pardew has divided such opinions on the club when we should be united as one.

Yep. As I said earlier, a result like this is even more divisive considering the club openly admit they don't want to be in the cups. Every single one of us should be fucking steaming about that everyday but many have simply had enough, or just accept it.

Im going to stop speaking now because I feel like im in meltdown my points making no sense as this s*** is going on at the club. Il be there next game supporting the team hoping it will all change one day for the good

You can support the team and give Pardew stick like. It's not hard.

I know that i never said you couldnt, I gave Souness, Allardyce, Gullit stick. Never wanted us to lose though. Goodnight

Neither did I, because I knew they'd all get sacked when they invariably continued to fail.  But unfortunately failure is accepted from Pardew both at board level and by the majority of our fans.  So the only hope some of us have is that his failure becomes so blindingly obvious that not even the mongs who continue to ask him for a wave despite the shit he serves up can continue to ignore it.

:lol: ffs - the fans in the away end too.

You wot?

Fans cheering Pardew like he's just won the Champions League.

Er... Nar. :lol: Was a great ending, but nobody was cheering Pardew (equally nobody chanted against him the whole game either, though he was miles away from us tbf).

Fucking extra time buggered up post match pints tho. For that I'll happily blame the bastard. :knuppel2:

Im going to stop speaking now because I feel like im in meltdown my points making no sense as this s*** is going on at the club. Il be there next game supporting the team hoping it will all change one day for the good

You can support the team and give Pardew stick like. It's not hard.

I know that i never said you couldnt, I gave Souness, Allardyce, Gullit stick. Never wanted us to lose though. Goodnight

Neither did I, because I knew they'd all get sacked when they invariably continued to fail.  But unfortunately failure is accepted from Pardew both at board level and by the majority of our fans.  So the only hope some of us have is that his failure becomes so blindingly obvious that not even the mongs who continue to ask him for a wave despite the shit he serves up can continue to ignore it.

:thup:

Absolutely no accountability at the club so we have to hit rock bottom to get out of this mess.

Im not advocating Pardew. just dont think you shouldnt get behind the team. Its Ashley thats the main problem and until he goes this is what we are left with.

Aye, after all the word is SUPPORTer for a reason!

Supporters aren't their to blindly cheer as a group of cunts shit all over their club, or they certainly shouldn't be.  But I've come to the conclusion that too many fans simply care far more about that good feeling they get from a goal going in than they do about the well being or long term future of the club.

How does this keep happening? :lol:

What's happening? :panic:

Spudil

Ah, aye wasn't he a big Ben Arfa hater as well?

Nah he's massively Anti Pardew, just seems to get pretty regular posters with his sarcastic posts every week :lol:

Wonder who I was thinking of? :mystery:

Ah well its something I wanted to say anyway.

Another 2 goals conceded.

We are not going to win many games if we have to score 3 each time.

Crystal Palace were really poor, if we're relying on coming up against teams like that in the league we're in trouble.

Everyone wants long-term success for the club but still can't hack seeing celebrations when we concede like. Them chortling little emoji b******s send is wild. Don't like matchdays.

To be fair any reaction to winning is acceptable considering most people probably don't remember what to do. I still felt dead inside with the win, which was made swiftly pointless with the draw for next round.

Putting aside my current views on the manager/owner for a minute, it's incredible how we always get Man U/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City away from home just at the stage when said teams might actually play a serious XI, when we actually bother to win some cup games. Goes for FA Cup too.

from the 88th minute, until end of the 90minutes, how many chances did we give to palace?

They even overcrowded our own area for Elliots great save. Atleast 2 times on the far post we had no one vs 2 palace players. Absolutely horrible.

I bet some of the dinosaur's in the press and "in the game" will be spouting off about how "well" Pardew has done the past two games while completely ignoring the fact we only got a point at home to an average at best Hull side (though coming back from 2 down is worthy of some credit to the players - Cisse especially) and scraped past a weakened Crystal Palace team.

Normally I would have been over the moon with last nights result but was pretty meh! and then normally gutted with the Man City draw in the next round but now it excites me a little that we could get an embarrassing pasting potentially on TV which could push Pardew closer to the edge.

I bet some of the dinosaur's in the press and "in the game" will be spouting off about how "well" Pardew has done the past two games while completely ignoring the fact we only got a point at home to an average at best Hull side (though coming back from 2 down is worthy of some credit to the players - Cisse especially) and scraped past a weakened Crystal Palace team.

Normally I would have been over the moon with last nights result but was pretty meh! and then normally gutted with the Man City draw in the next round but now it excites me a little that we could get an embarrassing pasting potentially on TV which could push Pardew closer to the edge.

It won't push him closer to the edge, Pardew can't lose.  If we get a pasting it'll be 'deluded geordies, it's Man City, what did you expect lol' and if we win Pardew gets the credit.

It won't push him closer to the edge, Pardew can't lose.  If we get a pasting it'll be 'deluded geordies, it's Man City, what did you expect lol' and if we win Pardew gets the credit.

I'm not sure how many more embarrassing capitulations he will survive. Surely there will come a breaking point even for Mike Ashley? Or am I deluded.

Or am I deluded.

Are you a Newcastle fan?

Do you expect your team not to get thunderbummed on a regular basis?

If you answered yes to both these questions then you are.

The win will clearly be a confidence booster for the players and atleast Rivière finally got on the score sheet. This was against the Palace reserves though ffs and we still can't keep a clean sheet. If we get turned over by the likes of Stoke and Swansea away and predictably go out against Man City away in this comp it can hardly be considered a resurgence can it.

Guest Roger Kint

Winning a glorified friendly against Palace reserves is about as relevent as our win at Schalke in pre season. Pardew will just throw it away by having no attacking intention at Man City anyway and it will have no bearing on our league games which we continue to lose at will(if anything injuries/suspenions may have hindered us last night). Can we praise individual performances? Of course although Armstrong aside it wasnt particularly great but its obvious why many of us dont care if we won last night. This laughable idea that Pardew might bring us a cup in 5 years is about as likely as us finishing top 6 ths season, if fans cant see we are looking like going down under this fraud then God help them.

Far too many people on FB spouting this 'support the team not the regime' bullshit again. Fucking idiots :rolleyes:

Performances may have improved but they are still not good enough to beat anyone really.  Last night would have been another draw without extra time.

Virtually every other team I have seen are putting in better and more consistent performances than we are.

Guest Roger Kint

Performances may have improved but they are still not good enough to beat anyone really.  Last night would have been another draw without extra time.

Virtually every other team I have seen are putting in better and more consistent performances than we are.

I would take some positive out of it if just once we looked vaguely competent at the back. As it is even reserves are scoring/creating at will against us, a ringing endorsement of the 4/1 training routine :thup: