West Brom 0-2 Newcastle United 9/11/14 FT post-match reaction from page 30

midds

some of our fans ffs....

The minutes silence, Jonas, Astle, and the17th minute tributes.

Then BANG.... out comes the "your support is f***ing s***". not just a handful either. heard loud and proud across the nation.

I am embarrassed and f***ing livid.

Just harmless banter really. I doubt the West Brom fans, who are a great set of fans by the way, will be losing too much sleep over it. Too many people have gone soft these days. Abusing opposition supporters used to be a staple diet for any supporter but a lot of modern day fans get all precious over it. No wonder atmospheres are practically non existent in PL stadiums these days. Thought our support down there sounded top class on the telly.

some of our fans ffs....

Then BANG.... out comes the "your support is f***ing s***". not just a handful either. heard loud and proud across the nation.

Just harmless embarrassing banter really. I doubt the West Brom fans, who are a great set of fans by the way, will be losing too much sleep over it. Too many people have gone soft these days. Abusing opposition supporters used to be a staple diet for any supporter but a lot of modern day fans get all precious over it. No wonder atmospheres are practically non existent in PL stadiums these days. Thought our support down there sounded top class on the telly.

some of our fans ffs....

Just harmless embarrassing banter really. I doubt the West Brom fans, who are a great set of fans by the way, will be losing too much sleep over it. Too many people have gone soft these days. Abusing opposition supporters used to be a staple diet for any supporter but a lot of modern day fans get all precious over it. No wonder atmospheres are practically non existent in PL stadiums these days. Thought our support down there sounded top class on the telly.

I wouldn't get yourself too worked up over it really. In the grand scheme of things it really isn't important. What's more embarrassing is the deadly silence at home games.

some of our fans ffs....

Just harmless banter really. I doubt the West Brom fans, who are a great set of fans by the way, will be losing too much sleep over it. Too many people have gone soft these days. Abusing opposition supporters used to be a staple diet for any supporter but a lot of modern day fans get all precious over it. No wonder atmospheres are practically non existent in PL stadiums these days. Thought our support down there sounded top class on the telly.

I wasn't too bothered about it before, but now its been described as 'harmless banter' it seems horrific :anguish:

some of our fans ffs....

I wouldn't get yourself too worked up over it really. In the grand scheme of things it really isn't important. What's more embarrassing is the deadly silence at home games.

I'm not particularly worked up about it however it is part of the reason why i don't attend as many away games as i use to.  All teams have it, i understand that but over the last 4-5 years our away support has became increasingly more cringeworthy at times, if its not the "Green Street" mob its YTIASH or YSIFS or XYZ scores we're on the pitch or some other shite aimed at insulting the opposition.  I'd hazard a guess that 65% of our away contingent struggle past the chorus of Blaydon Races.

Interestingly enough i often think that most of the people singing "Don't take me home" (i like this one tbf) need to substitute work with school. 

Its yet another symptom of the Ashley reign, cheap seats sold to children who spew all over the busses after 2 cans and run onto local teams pitches with Burberry scales hiding their spotty testosterone filled faces, pathetic really.

There is a increasingly smaller contingent of NUFC away fans who are becoming outnumbered by twats, look at the crowds at the Euro away games and then our league games, a remarkable difference.

For the record I'm not precious over it in any sense, there is a place for it.  However what i can't stand is the 70-30% ratio of abusing people vs supporting the team.

some of our fans ffs....

Then BANG.... out comes the "your support is fucking shit". not just a handful either. heard loud and proud across the nation.

I am embarrassed and fucking livid.

The chants from our end have been utterly embarrassing for a long time now. I hate our support. No atmosphere at home and a 90 minute mongfest away from home.

Tbf all the chanting bar the one about their support was pro NUFC/positive so I'd question your final paragraph where you state there is a 70%-30% ratio of abusing people vs supporting the team.

Give it a day and check Youtube, it'll be there. 

With Abeid in front of him, I can see us doing even better with Mbiwa in there, as the ball playing CB. Not taking owt away from Dummet or Colo today, like. I'd just cream my pants if we had Mbiwa, Anita and Abeid in together. Anita where Colback was today. May not provide enough BOSH for some, but it's not like anyone else gives us that bar Tiote.

With Abeid in front of him, I can see us doing even better with Mbiwa in there, as the ball playing CB. Not taking owt away from Dummet or Colo today, like. I'd just cream my pants if we had Mbiwa, Anita and Abeid in together. Anita where Colback was today. May not provide enough BOSH for some, but it's not like anyone else gives us that bar Tiote.

Why would you replace Colback with Anita after todays performance?

Colback was outstanding.

Why would you replace Colback with Anita after todays performance?

Colback was outstanding.

Cos he's Dutch and we signed him from Ajax.

Get out of town, man.

Anitas as weak as p*ss man.

:lol: Colback ain't much stronger, like. He was decent today, didn't do owt wrong, but didn't really contribute. Him in a nutshell so far for me. every now and then he'll have a couple of really good moments in a game. Fwiw Tiote would start in there for me a lot of the time, but in games like today there is no need for Colback to be in there ahead of Anita. He's looked nothing other than Tiote's inferior back up with a decent free kick and cross every now and then, for me. Not saying he's s****, though.