Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's disgusting tbh. The abuse his victim has had. It could even scare rape victims from going to the police in the future, for fear they will get similar treatment to her.

It's horrible, but it's not Evans' fault and it shouldn't really come into the discussion about what happens to him.

It's disgusting tbh. The abuse his victim has had. It could even scare rape victims from going to the police in the future, for fear they will get similar treatment to her.

It's horrible, but it's not Evans' fault and it shouldn't really come into the discussion about what happens to him.

It was instigated and encouraged by his friends and family, are we saying he bears no responsibility for that at all?

It was instigated and encouraged by his friends and family, are we saying he bears no responsibility for that at all?

I don't know how much he's involved TBH, I'm not aware of what his friends and family have done.

He hasn't conducted himself perfectly, but I still believe when someone has served their time they should be able to resume their lives.

I don't know how much he's involved TBH, I'm not aware of what his friends and family have done.

He hasn't conducted himself perfectly, but I still believe when someone has served their time they should be able to resume their lives.

They publicly identified the victim for starters:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/nov/05/ched-evans-rape-naming-woman

Like I said, I would normally agree with you but the additional factors here have to be taken into account too I reckon.

Thought this was a canny read:

http://www.newstatesman.com/helen-lewis/2015/01/if-ched-evans-gets-second-chance-his-victim-should-have-one-too

I would normally tend towards saying you can move on once you've served your time, but his lack of remorse is a bit troubling. The ways his "supporters" have been hassling the victim is pretty nasty too.

Are there any reports which actually say that she has been identified and harassed in real life by Evans or people in support of him (ie outside of facebook, twitter, etc). I read the quotes from her father saying she has had to move 5 times due to her location being revealed, but I've not seen anything specifically saying who has been doing the harassing. Are people just jumping to the conclusion that this is all down to Evans supporters? It just seems far more likely to me that any harassment may have come from the media itself once her location was known rather then a bunch of Ched Evans groupies?

Evans has never distanced himself from this "movement" supporting him, right?

Football clubs are social institutions, they have no obligation to bring convicted criminals back into the establishment, they have a choice. If this was us, I'd prefer it if we didn't, especially in this particular case because of the nature of the crime and the criminal's behaviour in the aftermath.

I feel this case is similar to Luke McCormick at Plymouth. Killed two children while drink-driving, now club captain.

There are other ways back into society, I don't see why football clubs have to shoulder that responsibility.

Read an article which had the closing line 'If all who'd done what Evans did were sent to jail then most football teams wouldn't be able to put out a full team each week, and a lot of nightclubs would be half empty each weekend. '

Read an article which had the closing line 'If all who'd done what Evans did were sent to jail then most football teams wouldn't be able to put out a full team each week, and a lot of nightclubs would be half empty each weekend. '

What was the publication, "Rapist's Weekly"??  :lol:

:lol:

:lol:

:spit:

Chortle.

But seriously I bet it was in something like FHM or Maxim or Loaded (if they still exist)