Man United 3-1 Newcastle United - 26/12/14 - post-match reaction from page 19

Greg

Every one of them are ball watching and not bothering to notice where their man is. Taylor has lost his man but won't close down the other, Colo is going towards ball and ignoring Rooney and Dummett appeared oblivious to Falcao while Gouffran and Janmaat jogged back and Anita \ Sissoko did fuck all

Every one of them are ball watching and not bothering to notice where their man is. Taylor has lost his man but won't close down the other, Colo is going towards ball and ignoring Rooney and Dummett appeared oblivious to Falcao while Gouffran and Janmaat jogged back and Anita \ Sissoko did fuck all

Sounds like a real team goal there - I take it Colback was there but didn't really do anything?

The surprise in the Newcastle lineup was the formation that Alan Pardew adopted for the game this afternoon. He opted to match [Manchester] United’s 3-5-2 system man for man, a formation that was previously alien to this Newcastle side. Despite reverting to a back four for the second half, the damage was done in the opening 45 minutes. [Manchester] United scored twice and the plan completely back-fired, the players were not used to the system and left wide open spaces for the likes of Mata and Rooney to capitalise on. For as good as [Manchester] United were going forward, they were gifted their comfortable lead from atrocious Newcastle defending and a mystifying decision from Alan Pardew.

http://i.imgur.com/862tfDf.gif

The 3 at the back system is quite difficult to learn as it is but this clown decided to be clever and match LVG's formation. It took Man Utd 2-3 months themselves to get used to it, ffs. :lol:

Feel a bit sorry for Anita there.  He was caught between trying to mark the runner and make the tackle twice in the move while the rest of the midfield had disappeared and were making very little, if any, attempt to get back.

As if you'd start an attack with a combined age of about 12 away at Man U. Having said that, we started fairly brightly before being resoundingly bummed.

Ifi hadn't seen the team sheet is swear Colback and Anita weren't playing.

We were actually doing alright until Rooney did his Moses impression on our defence.

http://www.imgur.com/rf0tbb5.jpeg

All Armstrong's fault. :thup:

Always important to simultaneously not mark the players nor close down the ball nor rush back too quickly.

How one player got round the back of our defence, totally unmarked and another simultaneously got through our central defence, totally unmarked, is absolutely astonishing.

You can see Dummet's vulnerability in that screenshot. Planted and totally unaware. Gouffran no where near. But we still should have been okay. For Rooney to get past Colo with absolutely no effort is f***ing infuriating. Look how far away from the 6 yard line he is there. Colo in front of him with nothing else to do but stop that one man. f***ing pathetic. 3 men looking at one player.

Janmaat is at fault too, like.

Sissoko was running next to Rooney but somehow decided to stop and jog back when Rooney charged to box. Just seemed not to care. No idea where Colback is tho.

Haven't been on properly since got back from the match Friday. Was actually going to break the habit of a lifetime and come on to say imo we didn't play too badly, defensive brainfarts aside. Then a few hours ago I read some guff about them catching us on the break as we over-committed. Does the clown even watch the same fucking game?!?

Just before the 3rd goal I literally screamed "how's he [perez] supposed to pick out an attacker in the box when there's 4 in and around the box being marked by 7 defenders??"

Then they broke and my train of thought was like "at least with so many men back they shouldn't be able to really worry us with this atta... Oh for fucks sake."

Overcommitted in attack. Fucking outrageous thing to say.

I was pissed as fuck when the match was on, and yet I still managed to work out that Man U had absolutely acres of space to counter from whenever we bothered to try and attack due to the yawning chasm that was our "midfield" (and I use the term very loosely), yet Pardew/the team did nowt to alter this all game long.

We were balls and 3-1 flattered us.