Newcastle 3-3 Burnley - 1/1/15 Post-match reaction from p.42

Mike

Let's not forget Burnley were forced into 3 first half changes, which would have had a huge effect on their team setup and play.

It really is a disgrace we couldn't hammer these guys today really.

I've just came back from the match and I'm going to focus on the positives.

The first half was great, we got the ball down on the floor and attacked, our players looked so comfortable playing like that. Ok we didn't do anything amazing but we were in charge of the game and looking like we were going to run away with it, perhaps we should have.

The 2nd half, well I can only assume that Pardew gave the half time team talk on the phone, we never got going, lumped the ball out, players going for the same ball and lack of closing down. We had two flashes of our first performance in us, the first was Sissoko's goal which in all honesty would have robbed Burnley of a well deserved point if we held on to it, the 2nd was just after that when Perez was unlucky to not set someone up for us to score our 4th.

Tiote was shocking, and I do think it's time he moved on. On his day he's great, but if he doesn't have his good day then he's a liability, today we had to carry him. Perez, well his first touches always seem too heavy but when you look at it close enough you can see he knows what he's doing. I still think there is more to come from him, him and Sissoko's were the two stand out players today. Alnwick, well when our keepes are fully fit I think he should be moved on, he's not good enough and I honestly think the youngster on the bench should be given a chance over him, he's that bad.

In summary, today we showed how well we really can play and with the right manager and more time after Pardew's exit I see no reason why we can't be an exciting attacking team that teams actually fear playing. Despite the result and the 2nd half performance the team showed so much talent today, far more than they have ever shown under Pardew. Under the right manager we'll be something.

Could have genuinely conceded 8 today and had no complaints. At home to Burnley. Impressive. Defending atrocious again. Coloccini all over the place. Dummett match fixing. Tiote has descended to Amdy Faye levels of madness.

Ayoze I love you.

Haven't seen us shit our pants at HT that badly for a while. Did someone tell them we were playing Barcelona and not a team who, in fairness, played simple percentage football well in Burnley.

Perez aside I don't think anyone can say they played well even if Sissoko, Janmaat and Colback did alreet first half. Fucking pathetic.

Midfield absolutely disintegrated at HT and everyone caught Tiote's first half disease. He was beyond gash as was the defence who when afforded no protection simultaneously crawled in to their shells and hid instead of being able to do the basics.

Fucking pathetic, as were the subs which hindered not helped.

Absolutely fucking seething walking home. Fucking cunts the lot of them.

Haven't seen us s*** our pants at HT that badly for a while. Did someone tell them we were playing Barcelona and not a team who, in fairness, played simple percentage football well in Burnley.

Perez aside I don't think anyone can say they played well even if Sissoko, Janmaat and Colback did alreet first half. f***ing pathetic.

Midfield absolutely disintegrated at HT and everyone caught Tiote's first half disease. He was beyond gash as was the defence who when afforded no protection simultaneously crawled in to their shells and hid instead of being able to do the basics.

f***ing pathetic, as were the subs which hindered not helped.

Absolutely f***ing seething walking home. f***ing c***s the lot of them.

:lol:

We aren't used to Burnleys different style of playing according the Carver

just got back and that was a classic game of 2 halfs, thought we were excellent in the first half after the early escape when they hit the post in the first,  we looked bright and the forwards were interchanging well and causing plenty of problems, even Gouffran was more "upfront" and not on the left backs toes and baring the comedy OG from Dummett we looked really good.

Then the 2nd half started and we just fell apart, we were all over the place, Tiote had a shocker and Colo wasn't to far behind him.  Least said about the subs the better, suppose every change you make is a kind of gamble but all 3 of ours ended up making us poorer.

Carver just on talking about the game in his press conference after.

Apparently the idea was to have 3 centre backs with the Haidara sub. Due to the problems they were causing us  :lol:

Then claimed the message never got through, or there was some confusion, whic then mean them getting the third  :lol:

Man, we better not keep this guy.

Apparently the idea was to have 3 centre backs with the Haidara sub. Due to the problems they were causing us  :lol:

Then claimed the message never got through, or there was some confusion, whic then mean them getting the third  :lol:

Did he really say that.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You can tell who he's been working for.

Lawro - newcastle fans would have loved that today, aye getting twatted by burnley is great

Did he actually say that? Falling back on a stereotype from 20 years ago which wasn't even true at the time.

He's a f*cking disgrace as a pundit, BBC Sports needs an enema to get rid of their sh*t. Incredible that essentially taxpayer's money is picking up the wages for the likes of him and robbie savage

Did he really say that.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You can tell who he's been working for.

Yeah, they had the clip on SSN. Harrowing stuff.  :lol:

Fuck me, worst thing being that it comes as no surprise to anyone. Even if it was a switch to 5-3-2 it was fucking terrible sub. Fuck Tiote off, tell the rest of them to stop shitting themselves at the thought of possession, get hold of the ball and move the entire game 10 yards further forward. Fucking liabilities.

Honestly the fucker would have been much better off not admitting that. Part of management is the effective transmission of your ideas. Great little bit to add to your CV, fuckwit. Wish the Sword of Damocles would remove this prick's head.

just got back and that was a classic game of 2 halfs, thought we were excellent in the first half after the early escape when they hit the post in the first,  we looked bright and the forwards were interchanging well and causing plenty of problems, even Gouffran was more "upfront" and not on the left backs toes and baring the comedy OG from Dummett we looked really good.

Then the 2nd half started and we just fell apart, we were all over the place, Tiote had a shocker and Colo wasn't to far behind him.  Least said about the subs the better, suppose every change you make is a kind of gamble but all 3 of ours ended up making us poorer.

Game of two halves? I seem to recall Burnley hitting the bar qith Alnqixk beaten all ends up after 29 seconds.

Game of two halves? I seem to recall Burnley hitting the bar qith Alnqixk beaten all ends up after 29 seconds.

yeah and after the first minute we more of less dominated the 1st half,  that's like saying they didn't dominate the 2nd half cos Sissoko scored a goal