Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

I sincerely hope you guys are right but the way I see Ashley now is just having us stutter along doing the bare minimum.

This a man who was willing to keep Pardew on even after out infamous losing run of games and now is only looking to make the appointment because Pardew left of his own accord, I just can't see his policies changing from Alan Pardew, poor football, no ambition to good manager, lets go out and win everything because I want the club to do well.

Just not buying it.

Having said that I'm still obviously 1000% behind the potential appointment of Garde or anyone similar and think it will benefit the club massively in terms of playing style, results and the progression of players and of course bringing dignity back to the job, but is that enough to change Mike Ashley? I hope so.

Firmly believe that, if it comes off, this is absolutely the correct thing to do for the club. I think appointing someone like Garde is a great move and even if it doesn't quite work out then I'll not be criticising the actual appointment in any way. Totally 100% behind it, no guarantees it'll work out the way we want but it's the right move in my opinion.

Yup couldn't agree more mate.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/10/richard-keys-asks-key-question-of-newcastle-united-fans/

However, former Sky Sports presenter Keys wonders if the 48-year-old will be accepted by the Newcastle fans.

“Alan Pardew's first press conference as Palace manager was fascinating,” he wrote on his website. “Not for what he told us about Palace, more for what he hinted about at Newcastle. Remi Garde wants the Newcastle job? I'm sure a lot of people do. But do Geordies want him?”

Richard Keys. What an absolute fuckwit.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/01/10/richard-keys-asks-key-question-of-newcastle-united-fans/

However, former Sky Sports presenter Keys wonders if the 48-year-old will be accepted by the Newcastle fans.

“Alan Pardew's first press conference as Palace manager was fascinating,” he wrote on his website. “Not for what he told us about Palace, more for what he hinted about at Newcastle. Remi Garde wants the Newcastle job? I'm sure a lot of people do. But do Geordies want him?”

We hate forrins more than cockneys so of course he isn't wanted.

Keegan, Clark, Shearer or Brucey for me.

Firmly believe that, if it comes off, this is absolutely the correct thing to do for the club. I think appointing someone like Garde is a great move and even if it doesn't quite work out then I'll not be criticising the actual appointment in any way. Totally 100% behind it, no guarantees it'll work out the way we want but it's the right move in my opinion.

Yup couldn't agree more mate.

:thup:

The policy of the cup competitions has more to do with the owner and his ambitions for the club rather than any managerial appointment, under any manager we could have the policy would remain the same, no interest in cups and premier league survival is paramount.

not sure i agree with this necessarily as we'd never heard it before pardew came along - i'd be inclined to think pardew's incessant negativity probably influenced ashley etc. and let's not forget the extent to which he blamed the UEFA cup for us nearly getting relegated, it was after that that the cups really 'officially' became a non-priority iirc

a positive manager could quite easily turn it around like

Guest Roger Kint

If its the article from yesterday he also asks 'who can forget that memorable 5-1 beating of United?' Such a fucking wanker!

Tbf there probably is a sizeable section of our support who will jump on any opportunity to criticise the new guy in defence of their departed hero. Unfortunately this"run around a lot is better than talent and wins derbies" guff does take a lot of people in, even though its been proven to be bollocks. Same reason a lot of them down the road prefer to have "catts" than a proper footballer in their midfield. I'd imagine a few bad results and some will be getting on a new guy's back upset that he doesn't have the same "Ingerlish pashun" as uncle alan. That and the bed-sheet brigade do give outsiders the impression we're all knobs tbf.

Keys is still an utter cunt like and horrendous dinosaur of a presenter.

Guest antz1uk

i'm gonna call the fucker out on twitter, it's pricks like him that have given us this reputation

https://twitter.com/richardjkeys  :lol:

Great attitude :thup:

I'm really happy that Garde has experience of English football as well. That will give him a season head start to someone coming in cold from Europe.

Supposing we take Garde on.  Will anybody begin to change their attitude towards Ashley?

Mike Ashley's only focus will always be Mike Ashley. For that reason, the club will always be part-dead whilst he is here.

Losing Pardew was always going to instigate some changes because he was never going to get another gutless patsy like him. Ashley has shown in the past that he'll believe whatever the football-men throw in front of him; fortunately he hasn't appointed some dismal cunt like Kinnear to be the current 'football-man' in this period of transition. He's got Graham Carr, whom I have an amount of faith in to select a continental manager who will fit the club.

Ashley isn't going to land another Pardew and... given the lack of resistance to his departure... maybe Ashley knows that even the most receiving of dicksplashes will only be happy to receive public bumrapings for a finite amount of time. Appointing Garde wouldn't mean a change to his overall ideals going forward, and nor will it reverse the dispicable shit he's done in the past.

In summary; he's been forced into changing tack and fortunately he's got at least one decent bloke to make the football decision for him, on this occasion. Ashley hasn't changed - the circumstances have.

I would rather Garde then De Boer- although admittedly I have seen little of

Lyon or Ajax.

Garde's experience of England is key. Additionally, De Boers stellar career and higher profile means he's more likely to move on quickly or struggle with a lack of complete control.

Either would be superb progressive appointments.

Frank de Boer interviewed on Bein sports, said he was interviewed for the Spurs job and he will probably end up at England at some point

About right timing for us once Garde bugger off to to Gooners, having won the FA Cup in his first full season.

Guest Howaythetoon

I know nothing of Garde, but I'd be happy with this kind of appointment which is the managerial or coach equivalent of signing a player. Young, promising, French and low cost in terms of fees/wages. This one might just work. de Boer would be the ace appointment, but its highly unlikely to happen so we cannot turn our noses up at Garde. He is seemingly a step up from some of the other names linked.