Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Every chance this is going to be a proper fuck up. If CARVER gets it, relegation battle will ensue after a couple more defeats with clubs below us showing form and picking up points.

Some are dropping as well like, Sunderland and Villa for example. I think we would be OK although it would be shit.

am i being daft here or what, If they want him, and he want to come, why can't he take up the job, geet his feet under the table, utilise the three stooges in some way for now then bring in his own people at the end of the season.

Exactly what i was thinking and im sure this has happened previously with new managers at other clubs.

am i being daft here or what, If they want him, and he want to come, why can't he take up the job, geet his feet under the table, utilise the three stooges in some way for now then bring in his own people at the end of the season.

But then we pay his wages for the rest of the season for nowt.

Everything is about minimising outlay. Everything.

Guest palnese

Why did we sign Facundu, then?

I'm sure it goes without saying but surely Mike Ashley, as a businessman, would know you have to speculate to accumulate?

Bringing in Garde and forking out for his back room team would surely make financial sense in the long run? Our coaching set up seems completely s****. If we are buying players on the cheap to sell them on for profit, it makes sense to have the coaching and managerial set up in place to ensure these players hit their potential and maximise the profit?

Look at players that have been scouted by Carr and brought in, only to be ruined under Pardew, Carver, Stone etc. Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa - Ashley must look at them and wonder what went wrong.

Then look at the likes of Abeid, promising player brought in, given cup games and the odd Europa League run out then shipped out on loan to Pana, where he was fantastic. Comes back here having developed and looks very good in our team. Bigi, Vuckic, Campbell - all touted as having potential but all have stagnated under this current lot.

Good post, you'd like to think Ashley isn't that fuckin tight that he wants to pocket the £3.5m that palace paid for Pards. Surely he'll be happy to let the club spend that in getting rid of the existing coaches/letting a new guy bring in his own staff.

There again, I'm not so sure.

Nobody knows where he came from, not even Graham Carr.  It was clearly a favour to an agent with no intention of him playing in the prem.

Guest Roger Kint

Nobody knows where he came from, not even Graham Carr.  It was clearly a favour to an agent with no intention of him playing in the prem.

Been said on every single page of his thread a million times but what would we gain from helping out his agent when its his family member representing him? Whatever stupid reason it was this theory never makes any sense

Been said on every single page of his thread a million times but what would we gain from helping out his agent when its his family member representing him? Whatever stupid reason it was this theory never makes any sense

Not my information but someone was talking to Carr at a reserve match and he doesn't even know who signed him or authorised it.  He just turned up at NUFC.

I'm sure it goes without saying but surely Mike Ashley, as a businessman, would know you have to speculate to accumulate?

Bringing in Garde and forking out for his back room team would surely make financial sense in the long run? Our coaching set up seems completely shite. If we are buying players on the cheap to sell them on for profit, it makes sense to have the coaching and managerial set up in place to ensure these players hit their potential and maximise the profit?

Look at players that have been scouted by Carr and brought in, only to be ruined under Pardew, Carver, Stone etc. Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa - Ashley must look at them and wonder what went wrong.

Then look at the likes of Abeid, promising player brought in, given cup games and the odd Europa League run out then shipped out on loan to Pana, where he was fantastic. Comes back here having developed and looks very good in our team. Bigi, Vuckic, Campbell - all touted as having potential but all have stagnated under this current lot.

I think Ashley's problem, or one of them, with football comes back to that Pardew quote about not understanding football and it making him angry.

I reckon in Ashley's mind if 10m GUARANTEED a good manager with competent backroom staff who will be GUARANTEED to increase the value of at least one player per season plus develop a good youth system he'd do it tomorrow.

The problem is he knows it can't be guaranteed, or even close to it being a dead cert. In football management failure is the norm, not success.

In Ashley world I imagine that's his biggest nightmare, having to pay people off millions for failing at their job.

He's just had a daft cunt doing the job for 4 years on relative buttons, taking all the shit for doom with backroom staff of clowns and managing to not get relegated. Why fork out to get rid of 'performing' staff and replace them with unknowns at great cost?

Bringing in Garde and forking out for his back room team would surely make financial sense in the long run? Our coaching set up seems completely shite. If we are buying players on the cheap to sell them on for profit, it makes sense to have the coaching and managerial set up in place to ensure these players hit their potential and maximise the profit?

I think Ashley's problem, or one of them, with football comes back to that Pardew quote about not understanding football and it making him angry.

I reckon in Ashley's mind if 10m GUARANTEED a good manager with competent backroom staff who will be GUARANTEED to increase the value of at least one player per season plus develop a good youth system he'd do it tomorrow.

The problem is he knows it can't be guaranteed, or even close to it being a dead cert. In football management failure is the norm, not success.

In Ashley world I imagine that's his biggest nightmare, having to pay people off millions for failing at their job.

He's just had a daft cunt doing the job for 4 years on relative buttons, taking all the shit for doom with backroom staff of clowns and managing to not get relegated. Why fork out to get rid of 'performing' staff and replace them with unknowns at great cost?

Which is maybe why it’s been claimed that Graham Carr will play a big part in the recruitment process. Let’s be honest, he seems to trust Carr’s judgement when shelling out for players so hopefully he’ll do the same with a manager.

Like you said though, no manager is a guaranteed success but £10m is a drop in the ocean for him. I wouldn’t class a promising manager and back room staff as a gamble as such, but hey, who knows when it comes to this guy?

Which is maybe why it’s been claimed that Graham Carr will play a big part in the recruitment process. Let’s be honest, he seems to trust Carr’s judgement when shelling out for players so hopefully he’ll do the same with a manager.

Like you said though, no manager is a guaranteed success but £10m is a drop in the ocean for him. I wouldn’t class a promising manager and back room staff as a gamble as such, but hey, who knows when it comes to this guy?

But his entire SD business model is based on incentives isn't it? Succeed and you get rewarded handsomely, fail and you get fuck all. For a guy like him to have to reward failure must be like a knife in the heart. He must look at Spurs over the last few years and come out n cold sweats.

Still, the stupid cunt shouldn't have bought a top flight football club if that's the case really.

No, he shouldn't have. I think it just goes to show he has a streak of naivety in there somewhere.

He's tried to do things on the cheap here and it's not worked. Maybe he's changing his mind now?

I'll be fucked if he is, but you never know...