Chelsea 2-0 Newcastle United - 10/01/15 - Post match reaction from page 24

BlueStar

No shame in this defeat today - first half great. Second half-  just sat back. :(

Got my call booked in for Total Sport. Will see if they ring back. Plan to get stuck into Mike Ashley, tonight. :)

I disagree BG.

We made no attempt at all to try and get back into the game in the second half and to me that's shameful.

Damage limitation then?

I'm just pleased we didn't get howked 5 or 6, to be honest.

Fair enough mate but its time to pick our expectations up from off the floor.

First half yay, second half nay.

Anita played well. Ayoze did okay but looked frustrated at times, but I would be too if I was him. Cabella should play in the hole behind Ayoze. Dummett can defend okay but not much else. Willo is shit. Colo is past it. Janmaat is great most of the time then has momentary lapses of concentration. Whole defence looks more confident with Krul in goal though. Colback played well in the first half then resorted to running around chasing shadows in the second. Sammy...meh. Gouffran...meh. Rivière...meh. Carver...meh.

Quicker Garde gets in the better. I will hurt multiple people if Venables gets the job.

No shame in this defeat today - first half great. Second half-  just sat back. :(

Got my call booked in for Total Sport. Will see if they ring back. Plan to get stuck into Mike Ashley, tonight. :)

I disagree BG.

We made no attempt at all to try and get back into the game in the second half and to me that's shameful.

Damage limitation then?

I'm just pleased we didn't get howked 5 or 6, to be honest.

Fair enough mate but its time to pick our expectations up from off the floor.

Oh - I agree. Absolutely. :thup:

Packed in watching after 2-0. We need to get a quality manager in as we're drifting aimlessly at the moment. The first half hour showed the potential of the players in this squad.

Yep. Need the right guy in now. Effectively gives him half a season to evaluate who's shit. If we wait until the summer then next year is another write off for  'bedding in' period.

Good account of ourselves up to the first goal, then shite thereafter. We desperately need the lift that a new manager would bring, though.

Cabella played very, very well and needs to start every game from now on, seeing as there's bot all to play for other than "top ten finish".

The loss today should add to carver not getting the job. Even though today in itself is expected with any manager, he's had three games, with two of them against relegation fodder. He's managed 1 draw in those games, which just isn't good enough. A win and a draw, maybe the board would be looking at it as an option, but hopefully they're not this brain dead. I fully believe it's time to get the money on our relegation if Carver gets the job.

Even with Carver I think we would get the 4 wins that'll probably be required to stay up in 17 games.

Or would we?

Looking at the games and our 1 win in 8 games run. I'd say it's entirely possible we wouldn't. We might, but we might not. Teams at the bottom have picked themselves up to the 1 point per game marker or there abouts. We need that 40 points and I doubt we can get it under him.

Guest Roger Kint

Had £400 on Chelsea -1 so it isn't all bad.  Dropped my arse and cashed out at 85 minutes though.

Was it you that lost a canny wedge in the home fixture?

Carver saying today's performance was better than the Cisse wonder goal victory a few years ago and is proof what of what he can do when he has a full week to prepare with the team. He says he is desperate to get the job.

Had £400 on Chelsea -1 so it isn't all bad.  Dropped my arse and cashed out at 85 minutes though.

Come on. If you're well off enough to drop £400 on a football bet I'm sure you could've seen it out :lol:

The loss today should add to carver not getting the job. Even though today in itself is expected with any manager, he's had three games, with two of them against relegation fodder. He's managed 1 draw in those games, which just isn't good enough. A win and a draw, maybe the board would be looking at it as an option, but hopefully they're not this brain dead. I fully believe it's time to get the money on our relegation if Carver gets the job.

Even with Carver I think we would get the 4 wins that'll probably be required to stay up in 17 games.

Or would we?

Looking at the games and our 1 win in 8 games run. I'd say it's entirely possible we wouldn't. We might, but we might not. Teams at the bottom have picked themselves up to the 1 point per game marker or there abouts. We need that 40 points and I doubt we can get it under him.

tend to agree with this and theres the obvious possibility (probability) of Sissoko being sold taking away the only thing resembling creativity in central midfield

Come on. If you're well off enough to drop £400 on a football bet I'm sure you could've seen it out :lol:

Fuck that, I got stung for £500 in the Swansea game and won similar on Man Utd -2 the other week because I cashed out when Cisse came on.

Carver saying today's performance was better than the Cisse wonder goal victory a few years ago and is proof what of what he can do when he has a full week to prepare with the team. He says he is desperate to get the job.

Christ that's right out of the Pardew playbook.

Someone needs to tell this thick cunt football is a game which is 90 minutes in duration not 45.

Carver still saying he wants the job :anguish:

"I've had a week with the players now and you can see what we can do" :anguish:

Lose 2 nil? :lol: good god man, accept that you're not getting it.

:lol: 2 defeats and out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round. Sign me up for more of this!

the sad thing is the fa cup out in 3rd round as far as ashley is concerned does count in his favour