Man City 5-0 NUFC - 21/2/15 "Match" thread - Post match reaction from p. 1

Dave

Missed the start of the match, switched on at 25 minutes saw the score and just started laughing. No anger, no frustration, no disappointment - nothing. Just a pitiful excuse for a football club who have no ambition other than staying in the division. They're not worth getting upset about any more, they're not even worth any emotion of any kind.

:thup: Heard the whistle, hadn't even looked up and we'd conceded a pela. Rofled all owa.

I arrived home a bit later than anticipated and switched this match on just in time to see Dzeko easily score the third. :lol: Turned it off, and don't need to know anything else about the match. Every match at the Etihad is the same. On to Villa.

Apart from the last one

Missed the start of the match, switched on at 25 minutes saw the score and just started laughing. No anger, no frustration, no disappointment - nothing. Just a pitiful excuse for a football club who have no ambition other than staying in the division. They're not worth getting upset about any more, they're not even worth any emotion of any kind. 

:thup:

Dead.

I still don't know how they didn't get into double figures, we couldn't have complained if they'd racked up a cricket score.

They switched off at 3-0, even the fourth and fifth were just token gestures really. 21 minutes in and everyone on the pitch knew the result was decided. If they'd been really arsed they'd have had ten easily.

I still don't know how they didn't get into double figures, we couldn't have complained if they'd racked up a cricket score.

They switched off at 3-0, even the fourth and fifth were just token gestures really. 21 minutes in and everyone on the pitch knew the result was decided. If they'd been really added they'd have had ten easily.

Yep, conserving energy for Barcelona game.

They could have scored 15+ if they went for it.

They switched off at 3-0, even the fourth and fifth were just token gestures really. 21 minutes in and everyone on the pitch knew the result was decided. If they'd been really arsed they'd have had ten easily.

I've seen us let in 8 at least once, away to West Ham when I think we had 3 keepers, 1 being Beardsley and we weren't as bad as yesterday.  I honestly can't remember us ever being as bad as yesterday, possibly once when we were in the 2nd division and let in 6 or 8 goals against Everton in some shitty cup competition which I can't even remember the name of.

Not for the first time this season, teams just slaughter us easily and start to treat the game as a training session.

We're too shit and insignificant to even bother trouncing.

Guest antz1uk

the away fans were as apathetic as the home fans have become, a long time since i went to an away match and it was just wretched, nothing like hey used to be, barely any atmosphere, lots of p*ssed younsters just throwing drink around in the concourse singing one song continuosly, no one blaming anyone imparticular. just a whole lack of, well i don't know what the word is, was just like a shrug of the shoulders as if this is what the norm has become. no vitriol, no care, some of the people around me, some of the comments were just facepalm-tastic. the love colback was getting there was embarassing. i'm glad i don't go to them anymore because i'd just end up getting into rows continuously. very few of them seem to have any knowledge of the game and are just blinded by sheer loyalty.

tell you one thing though, I hate Man Utd but at least at Old Trafford there is a bit of passion and atmosphere, anyone that thinks our home game atmosphere has become awful should go to a manc city game, jesus wept, they are absolutely awful. can't understand as years ago when you went to maine Road they were fantastic. i'm not sure if this is just how the game has become now because the facilities they have are fantastic, ground isn't huge but it's all geared up excellent fora  Matchday. Such a waste of winning things when it is like that there. truly horrific atmosphere

The 0-6 against Liverpool was worse to be fair. The last 20 minutes of the 7-3 against Arsenal was one of the most humiliating performances I've ever seen as well.

The 0-6 was horrendous and worse for being at home.  That Liverpool team is also nowhere near the quality of this City team either.  The 7-3 away at Arsenal though was nowhere near yesterdays humiliation for me.  There was a real difference to that one.  The team were always in the game, giving it their all and basically ran out of legs because of the tough fixtures, while Arsenal were well rested.  It looked bad, but it was understandable and more excusable, at least for me.

Yesterday was an utter disgrace for the sheer lack of effort.  The simple things like not tracking the man that you're just letting run right past you.  That lack of effort is pathetic and unacceptable.  A lot of it comes down to Carver's lack of authority.  He doesn't have any because of his personality and he doesn't have any as a temporary manager to a team already considering where they'll holiday this Summer.

Can you imagine an Alex Ferguson team playing with that little effort.  He'd have gone in after and had such an outburst, involving smashing things up, that the players would fear for their lives if they ever played with such low effort again.  Instead we have Carver saying the players will go away and think about it.  You honestly couldn't make it up.  He makes the wrong call at every turn.  I'm not one for promoting autocratic or angry management, but there's a time for softly softly management and yesterday was not it.  There needs to be a balance of the nice guy approach and the kick up the arse when needed.  Yesterday was a time for some arse kicking.

Yesterday was an utter disgrace for the sheer lack of effort.  The simple things like not tracking the man that you're just letting run right past you.  That lack of effort is pathetic and unacceptable.  A lot of it comes down to Carver's lack of authority.  He doesn't have any because of his personality and he doesn't have any as a temporary manager to a team already considering where they'll holiday this Summer.

Can you imagine an Alex Ferguson team playing with that little effort.  He'd have gone in after and had such an outburst, involving smashing things up, that the players would fear for their lives if they ever played with such low effort again.  Instead we have Carver saying the players will go away and think about it.  You honestly couldn't make it up.  He makes the wrong call at every turn.  I'm not one for promoting autocratic or angry management, but there's a time for softly softly management and yesterday was not it.  There needs to be a balance of the nice guy approach and the kick up the arse when needed.  Yesterday was a time for some arse kicking.

That's spot on :thup:

The 0-6 against Liverpool was worse to be fair. The last 20 minutes of the 7-3 against Arsenal was one of the most humiliating performances I've ever seen as well.

The 0-6 was horrendous and worse for being at home.  That Liverpool team is also nowhere near the quality of this City team either.  The 7-3 away at Arsenal though was nowhere near yesterdays humiliation for me.  There was a real difference to that one.  The team were always in the game, giving it their all and basically ran out of legs because of the tough fixtures, while Arsenal were well rested.  It looked bad, but it was understandable and more excusable, at least for me.

Think you're remembering the Arsenal game wrong. We were in it and then Pardew decided he was going to be a tactical genius and play 1 midfielder against Arsenal's 5 and they were just strolling past us looking like they were going to score every time.

That midfield setup was criminal from kickoff. Why is he persisting with the Gouffran in midfield malarkey? How is he doing a single thing differently from Pardew, aside from the Cabella thing? Now that he's unavailable, he's back to Pardle formations, team selections and the same baffling subs.

Think you're remembering the Arsenal game wrong. We were in it and then Pardew decided he was going to be a tactical genius and play 1 midfielder against Arsenal's 5 and they were just strolling past us looking like they were going to score every time.

I remember us being awful in the last part of the game, in large part due to Pardew, as you say.  It's not a post to defend Pardew, who was as useless as ever during that period.  It's just that at least for a long time we were actually in that game, so that's my main point.  We made an effort, which was what was lacking against Man City.  That's my main complaint and why I felt like it was a worse humiliation.  I do think we ran out of legs to some degree in the Arsenal game, but there's no doubting Pardew made mistakes that cost us as much, if not more than that.  He is Alan Pardew after all.