The other games today - 2014/15

Greg

Same as the first though. You don't get lucky deflections off your own man without committing players to the attack. Three players in their box, 85th minute, 1-0 up away from home.

Aye but plenty of teams commit players forward (not us like but plenty do) and don't get this kind of luck.  Two penalties last week, two deflections this week, if I wasn't watching it I actually wouldn't believe it.

I can't remember a more flukey result that this one. The writing is on the wall for us unless we can somehow win today.

We've had more in the last 12 months on our own.

Hollywood writers would turn that match down for being too flukey. Everton had 73% possession, 16-1 on corners, hit the post, denied a blatantly penalty, whilst Sunderland run up and score via 2 ridiculous deflections. Two penalties won it last week too. Every year they do this - who said that luck runs out?

All they did was get in a real football manager. Not rocket science.

Must have brought a deal with the devil along with him, bet it wasn't written on scrunched up A4 like Coloccini's letter though.

Thought Everton were pretty shite tbh. Sunderland were fortunate with the deflections but there's no point moaning about it. They've been better than us, including beating us home and away. How embarrassing is that?

Guest Gino14

People who prayed Sunderland would save us, just haven't been watching.  They've picked up a few results and look like grinding some more out, while we're sleepwalking to each defeat.  We're the team that sinks like a stone and occupies that third relegation spot.  If survive now it'll be a massive shock.  I take my hat off to the people who backed their convictions and got 150-1 on the strength of Carver getting the job.  I had this horrible gut feeling it was heading this way and didn't back my own judgement.  We wouldn't beat  Blackpool's squad of seven players from the start of the season right now.